Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I filled some little gaps around the arms of my converted berserkers with green stuff and undercoated the first squad of 8.

Also spent a lot of time thinking about how to make some suitable Chaos-y looking terminator Lightning Claws out of some Cataphractii LCs and some AoS Blood Warriors Gorefists.

I think it'll work I'm just struggling to pluck up courage to make the first cuts!

Also decided I want to replace the heads of my terminators bu the ones I want aren't in stock anywhere.

Oh, and filled some gaps around my Chaos Terminator Lords enormous chainfist with green stuff. It's made from 2 Berserker Chainswords trimmed and stuck together.

That sounds like a pretty cool set of conversions RobWrath, what's the warbands colour scheme?  

Aye, TheWarriorHunter, mate, I rather like the steel.  It's so cleaaaaan.  

As for me, TiTH, I'm base coating a bunch of 30K stuff, and wrote up and posted a bat-rep in the 30K section ma-dealy.  That's good enough for me.  

That sounds like a pretty cool set of conversions RobWrath, what's the warbands colour scheme?

Check out my avatar. Mix of dark red, black and bone helmets.

I picked the warband because I wanted a more interesting colour scheme than flat red.

I'll probably use a lot of variation between units and between individuals because that's what Chaos is all about.

Not sure how great my conversions are going to turn out compared to som(I've been checking out KrautScientists blog, he's incredible), but I can't bear to use minis straight out of the box!

I got over a mild cold, skinned my knee and off-hand and got all my GSC (sans the vehicles) primed, and put about 3 hours into my Patriarch model:

GA5SLme.png

KabkG9v.png

I'm rather happy with how he's turning out. It's pretty much down to doing his base, painting his toe-claws in (I'm saving them until after I finish painting between them so I don't have as much to clean up) and then it's off to one of my infantry units (thinking of my Abberants).

I'll be honest: these guys have been the perfect break from painting Imperial Fist yellow. Maybe it's just easier to paint darker colors (at least for my eyes trying to focus on things) or it's the diversity of colors and textures in the models that's doing it but I'm definitely enjoying this heresy more than I should.

Any votes on what chapter to paint the Space Marine helmet?

Still painting my Patriach (down to basically just basing) and around 80% complete with a unit of Abberants as well (who aren't even attached to bases yet). In the end I went with giving the helmets on the Patriach a dirty Space Wolf color scheme to help tie that color into the more jumpsuit/coveralls clothes my GSC wear.

I woke up late today, so only worked on getting the Agrelland Earth on the bases of my models before heading off to take of other stuff. Also Nurgle needs to zog off already. I just got over being sick and now I've got a head cold.

TITH I... Well, technically it was yesterday :laugh.:, but my Forge World order arrived a day early!

So I spent most of the time after work cleaning and assembling Tyberos and Hecaton Aikos. Managed to cut off Tyberos' left shoulder pad and graft a Deathwatch shoulder pad on without too much issue:
7hoZf6e.jpg

9umtm17.jpg

I might end up shaving off the chainfist part of his weapons though....

Though, I think I :censored:'d up Aikos' pose, but I'll have to live with it, since the superglue is not budging without me breaking the model >.>

TiTH... -checks time- GAH!  YiTH I finished applying the oil to the newest Sons of Horus armour and personnel assets*, and got in a pair of Sicarans in from FW

Still wondering if I should ship both Sicarans to the Blood Angels who need some very real armour reserves compared to my Sons of Horus (but 2 Sics, a Vindi, and another Rhino effectively finish the company).  Hmm, still gotta figure that out. 

Should have em all finished up later today after they're varnished, lightnings in 'em, and a little bit of metal chipping is complete.  Then on to the next platoon of the 16th while I figure out what to do with the Sics. 

*1 Rhino, 1 Mastodon, 2 Storm Eagles, 20 legionnaires. 

Edited by Vykes

Though, I think I :censored:'d up Aikos' pose, but I'll have to live with it, since the superglue is not budging without me breaking the model >.>

Try freezing it. Superglue gets brittle when frozen and is easier to break.

Try freezing it. Superglue gets brittle when frozen and is easier to break.

Too late, already primed him. Though, I think it was more me overreacting to my ability of assembly as usual :lol:

jpMIazh.jpg

The one person who was at my FLGS said it actually looks like instead of him bracing from firing his gun, it looks more like he's landing after making a jump/drop down.

And I actually agree.

I gotta agree with ya, Gederas, mate. It does look more like a slight recover from jumping or dropping from a ledge or something. That's actually pretty cool. Hmmm, may try something like that as a concept myself. Very cool.

Well, got most of what I wanted done, done. Just gotta do some targeters, cables, and a few guns with some metal chipping and lens gloss.

gallery_107230_14721_20431.jpg

and....

gallery_107230_14721_236329.jpg

Wish it wasn't so late so I could get a decent picture with decent lighting.

I gotta agree with ya, Gederas, mate.  It does look more like a slight recover from jumping or dropping from a ledge or something.  That's actually pretty cool. Hmmm, may try something like that as a concept myself.  Very cool. 

Yeah, now that I've looked at it more, the pose grew on me. I mean, I still would have preferred my original choice, but oh well :laugh.:

That Mastodon though.....

lhjhbB9.gif

Also, TITHI got my Throgg(s, I got two, one to convert one to keep as-is) for my Megaboss (which is now Index-only -sigh-) and I've started working on figuring out how to get this giant troll to look like an ork in Mega Armour.

I'm thinking I might actually need to get a Deff Dread for this guy's armour though! :laugh.:

For reference, this is what I'm working with:

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/1/13/Throgg.jpg

Other big issue is figuring out which arm the Power Klaw is going on. Which is really, really annoying right now, not gonna lie :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

You could always do what I do and use it as an excuse to get another dread to 'correct' the mistake :tongue.: For the record, I did the same thing and couldn't pull it off with a Deredeo, so I'm wondering just how elusive that is to actually 'do'.  

Man, the Mastodon is a weird model but it was fun, albeit insanely heavy and lining up the back top and bottom sections wasn't fun.  But yeah, that model looks at home in an assault company and yet, gonna be hard to justify using it over a Glaive.  Still a resin shoebox. 

Man, I love the idea with Throgg, though. It's an awesome idea, and I do like the deaf dread for an armour sort.  As for power klaw, big one, dread, left, like a reverse Yarrick.  

Edited by Vykes

You could always do what I do and use it as an excuse to get another dread to 'correct' the mistake :tongue.: For the record, I did the same thing and couldn't pull it off with a Deredeo, so I'm wondering just how elusive that is to actually 'do'.  

Man, the Mastodon is a weird model but it was fun, albeit insanely heavy and lining up the back top and bottom sections wasn't fun.  But yeah, that model looks at home in an assault company and yet, gonna be hard to justify using it over a Glaive.  Still a resin shoebox. 

Man, I love the idea with Throgg, though. It's an awesome idea, and I do like the deaf dread for an armour sort.  As for power klaw, big one, dread, left, like a reverse Yarrick.  

I mean, I'll be getting another Contemptor, definitely (or more) :lol: Prolly an Imperial Fist one to make into a Contemptor Mortis (I'm going to try and use Chapter/Legion specific Dreadnoughts wherever possible). That one will definitely be assembled properly to be braced to fire its weapons.

And here's the justification for the Mastodon: It looks awesome.

And yeah, a Deff Dread-based armour will likely be the best course of action. Though Throgg's pose will definitely make it a bit tricky.

And I'll be using a Defiler Claw for it, as a Dreadnought power fist is actually TOO SMALL to use on Throgg's body without looking utterly ridiculous :lol:

2n25OhU.jpg