Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Yep, that'd be the one I was thinking of.  -laughs a bit- I don't venture over to the mutant part of the board that often, so it's bizarre to hear 'we don't like yer Kind 'round 'ere, stranger!'  What a strange strange strange kettle of fish this is.  I feel lightly salted and more than a bit confused, like finding out humans are supposed to have a sixth toe. 

-shrugs- whatever, today in the hobby I'm testing out metallic colours schemes for Alpha Legion and Emperor's Children.  It's less fun than it sounds.

On the subject of 'Other Games', I got bit by the hobby bug again and snagged four AI Tau Tigersharks for a very reasonable price off eBay. An early Christmas present for myself :happy.: Will be my first time ever working with resin, but I'm looking forward to getting them painted up for some dogfights in the new year~

On the subject of 'Other Games', I got bit by the hobby bug again and snagged four AI Tau Tigersharks for a very reasonable price off eBay. An early Christmas present for myself :happy.: Will be my first time ever working with resin, but I'm looking forward to getting them painted up for some dogfights in the new year~

Remember that resin dust does bad things to your lungs, so if you saw or sand it, wear a mask.  Ask your hardware store (or internet) for what sort of mask you need.

TITHI Got primarnius calgar and the new chapter approved in the post, Worked out that i have around 1300 points worth of sisters of battle, Resisted opening calgar as he's a Christmas present from my nephew and niece (they just don't know they're giving him to me yet :wink:) and have started seeing what else I can squeeze into my 2k custodes list :wallbash:

YITHI Went through my paints and found two of the old tall pots of shining gold which are still viable :biggrin.: so it's back to painting my custodes for some extra shiny highlights

TITH I ignored my own advice and carried on building an exalted champion for my warband. It's one of those conversions where no two parts that I've joined together are from the same kit. I.e. the front of his armour is from an AOS bloodcrusher kit and the back is made of the FRONT of a normal CSM. He's carrying a HUEG battle axe (counts as Power Axe) where I've cut and rejoined a couple of different axes so that he's holding it double-handed across his body, executioner style.

I also did a bit of painting on a small squad of Chosen.

Edited by Brother Tyler

TITHI painted a death jester, and had a game fall thru.

Spot the parts: axe head I think is from an AoS bloodzerker dude, as I think are the legs. Head is a standard csm I think, and backpack I know I have somewhere but can't for the life of me place...

TITHI ordered a Noise Marine and finished building my other christmas present a Repulsor ... either it was because I was super tired, bad lighting, I used super runny glue or I just suck at building the Repulsor but it was way more messy than I was expecting so I had to fill some gaps with greenstuff afterwards and the gunner isn't sitting completely straight :facepalm:

TITHI ordered a Noise Marine and finished building my other christmas present a Repulsor ... either it was because I was super tired, bad lighting, I used super runny glue or I just suck at building the Repulsor but it was way more messy than I was expecting so I had to fill some gaps with greenstuff afterwards and the gunner isn't sitting completely straight :facepalm:

I've heard a LOT of people having issues with the Repulsor. It makes me dread getting mine.

TITHI Painted ten tartaros terminators in glorious smurf blue, they might not be great on the table but I do like the models

YITHI Added up the points for all of my sisters of battle including the arco flagellants and some other bits and bobs now comes to 1414 pts, find myself wondering what i could add to make 2k, ah the dilemma wait for the new releases or add an allied detachment

Any thoughts on what i could add allies wise ?

@RobWrath: maybe try a reiver half skull face mask on him if you've got one ?

as for the guess the parts mini game, left fore arm chaos biker

going first means i can snag the easy one:biggrin.:

Good call on the Reiver mask - that'd look good. I don't have one though.

I think the left forearm is from two different berserkers actually. 

TITHI painted a death jester, and had a game fall thru.

Spot the parts: axe head I think is from an AoS bloodzerker dude, as I think are the legs. Head is a standard csm I think, and backpack I know I have somewhere but can't for the life of me place...

Only the upper legs are AoS, the lower legs are power armour. 

The axe is spliced together from a couple of weapons - I needed to cut and join in a few places to get the length right for it to be held 2 handed. 

The backpack is from one of the easy to assemble Death Guard marines. I liked the spikiness. And the banner pole is AoS again.

Christmas in the hobby I'm a little floored.

I don't often get much hobby related except from one Uncle who plays and occasionally something from a friend or opponent. Among various family members/friends I got a dremel, an air brush gun, cleaning kit for the air brush, a respirator, the Lieutenant from Wake the Dead, a Black Templars purity seal, and by the Throne of Him on Earth a legit FW Storm Eagle (from a friend who doesn't even play, he just got my old IT job when I quit to join the Sheriff's Office). Edit: Apparently also the GW Ugly Christmas sweater.

Also gave out my opponents Christmas gifts.

Edited by Phantomzero17

I don't often get much hobby related except from one Uncle who plays and occasionally something from a friend or opponent. Among various family members/friends I got a dremel, an air brush gun, cleaning kit for the air brush, a respirator, the Lieutenant from Wake the Dead, a Black Templars purity seal, and by the Throne of Him on Earth a legit FW Storm Eagle (from a friend who doesn't even play, he just got my old IT job when I quit to join the Sheriff's Office). Edit: Apparently also the GW Ugly Christmas sweater.

Yeah, same here. I normally don't get much hobby-wise, but that little GW Gift Guide helped me get Blackstone Fortress and a set of Kataphrons from my parents.

So yea, Christmas in the hobby I'm gonna be working on those after I get home :lol:

For 40K I got some more Dire Avengers to fill out my planned Brigade. AoS I got the General's Handbook and the only other gaming related gift I received was a platoon of Marder tank destroyers for Flames of War. I also got a couple of Amazon gift cards so I am contemplating Warp Spiders.