Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Aye, I've gone with the Anvil axes in the past mates, fantastic stuff. Just shocked that the Gee-Dubbs stuff is so pricey when there are great alternatives. May have to make an order of them, some scopes, and some better scout heads soon.

Today in the Hobby, I did a buuuuunch of base coating on Blackstone, the mechanicum parts of a Renegade set, russ and his pups, and put together and started work on my Marshal of the 65th. Still, obviously, a work in progress.

gallery_107230_14721_87568.jpeg

TITHI got some more work on my Brass Scorpion (got the second claw and three of the thighs done) and Alaz'Batyr (the Chaos Lord with Power Maul + Combi-Melta) for my Call of Chaos vow.

But good LORD, the Skullgrinder is NOT an easy model to paint by any stretch of the imagination. Especially with how I modified it.

TITH I did some edge highlighting on my CoC Berserkers. Moderately happy - was generally able to get some quite fine edges done.

For the red armour I did Khorne Red - Nuln Oil - More thin Khorne Red - Pick out raised areas with Mephiston Red - highlight with Slayer Orange.

For the black armour I wasn't so patient and went Abaddon Black - 'blend' highlight of Shadow Grey/Abaddon Black - edge highlight of Shadow Grey. Looks ok. Just ok.

Also collected some bits I'd ordered to make some more berserkers - whatever I do I cannot make number of legs = number of bodies = number of heads = number of backpacks!

Anyone got any advice on a good grey colour to use for rocky bases? I've done them in Shadow Grey as an interim measure but it's a bit too blue really.

This week in the hobby, I have been assembly line painting my Skitarii Rangers. 21 of them needed repainted to fit my current standard, and I'm in the process of painting 23 more hopefully before the end of the weekend.

Today in the hobby, I'll also be picking up Blackstone Fortress (thank you, pay day).

NEXT WEEK in the hobby, I may or may not be ordering myself a Warhound Titan... Merry Christmas to me :D

TitHI got in two games of Kill Team, including my first game of Commander, and fought to a very hard earned draw versus Grey Knights. They're no joke in KT. I also discovered the lighting at my FLGS highlights every little mistake in my Lamenters team, so I have a ton of little things up go back and correct now.

TITH I spent more than I should :tongue.:

£75 each at dark sphere mate

Once you work in postage its £4 saving... plus I get back some crystals for a discount later :smile.: Plus Element are super fast for delivery. So paying a little extra is cool.

Edited by Brother Sgt Arkley

TITH I spent more than I should :P

£75 each at dark sphere mate

Once you work in postage its £4 saving... plus I get back some crystals for a discount later :) Plus Element are super fast for delivery. So paying a little extra is cool.

I do like element but their deliveries are hit and miss in my opinion. I was meant to receive a package from them today and it hasn’t turned up. I ordered my stuff on Wednesday before 3pm.

Anyway TITH I brought some sector imperialis bases. 32mm and the 25 & 40mm pack. I don’t need the 25mm ones so may see if someone at my club wants them.