Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Well, Today in the Hobby, I just finished up a colour test miniature (aaaand airbrush blockage caused some massive splatter so meh). It was just a colour test for either some Emperor's Children or a Primaris chapter but I had some fun with it, and it was my first of the Heroes purchases but I ended up wanting to keep the masked helmet for myself so I stuck on an extra head I had around.

gallery_107230_14721_64199.jpg

TITH I bought a pot of paint while my wife was with me. After looking through all the board games and different models and systems she said she'd like to paint up some Drukhari! I'm going to show her the units and then ask her what she likes the most.

TITHI decided, as I always do, that my latest Kill Team will become at least a 1500pt 40k army, my first Xenos army, the murderclowns™. I picked up some more bikes and a transport and started assembling everything. This confirms that I am a glutton for difficult paint schemes.

Today I picked up the paintbrush after a long break. I've been super busy lately not to mention I had some problems with my shoulder that was preventing me from painting. Also, I had some issues with motivation as I'm not totally feeling the color scheme I picked for my primaris, and now I'm doing a small diorama just for fun where I can test colors from different chapters. Should be fun.

Finally caved and bought CA18.

In the end, didnt get it for the beta codex cuz i felt itd be a waste of money to get it for that when their proper codex will come out soon enough.

Character creation, campaign exp, new missions and new cover rules made it totally worthwhile. Having fun making up rules for all the characters ive named over the years.

TITHI got in my first game of 40k in awhile, and my first with my murderclowns. It was actually 2v2 with it being both Harlequin players' first outing. Narrowly lost but had a lot of fun. Also painted 3 more Players to complete my first fully painted squad :)

Gedaras I can't wait to see that with paint on it! I love scratch built bases, especially when you get to see them transform.

TITH I primed up a few models for my wife. She told me she wants to try her hand at painting minis since she likes painting on canvas. I'm looking forward to seeing how she does/likes it.

I also took her with me to a game store last week when I successfully only bought a single pot of paint. She liked the look of the Drukhari and conveniently I have a friend who failed to sell his army. He's going to give me a few unpainted models from that so she can also try painting up something that she likes the look of (our test models for today are cultists from the Frostgrave range and she's not thrilled with their looks).

Gedaras I can't wait to see that with paint on it! I love scratch built bases, especially when you get to see them transform.

Likewise :laugh.:

Though, I'm thinking I might need to shorten the walls on the rubble, as I'm worried they'll be too tall with Sammael's jetbike perched on them. Ah well, I'll figure out on Wednesday when the Sammael comes in.

EDIT:

Just did a mock-up of how I plan to have Rogziel's bike attached to that base, using a Custodes' jetbike

ld9oqjP.jpg

nX0IU46.jpg

I need wait until Wednesday to see how it'll look with Corvex atop the wall, but I think I'm onto something.

Edited by Gederas

TitH I was disappointed as hell to find out that Wayland Games blew it on my preorder and is refunding the cost of my Noise Marine. I went to the local wahammmer store and games workshop store and both were closed. One emailed me back that they’re sold out so I imagine the other is too. I also tried Battlefield Berlin and while they didn’t have it Slaanesh did smile upon me with the chance to pick up three of the new Fiends at a very nice price. I’m now ordering Wrath and Rapture so I’ll have an even 6 of the evil critters.

Niiice Gederas, lovin the custom base (always great to see those little wall bits) heh, I rather like the scaly pup there honestly and yeah, definitely can't wait to see what Sammy's Jetbike will look like on there.  I've only ever seen it in comparison to the Scimitar jetbikes, not the Dawneagles or whatever the golden boys stuff is. Seriously rockin' it mate, can't wait to see it all done up. 

Ouch, real sorry to hear about that pre order butcher job, El Dicko, mate.  Genuinely does suck.  I mean, the Rapture box is all well and cool but that Noise marine... well I won't say more.  

Alright, Today in the Hobby, I'm champing at the bit to get started with my new Legion project but can't until the shapeway pauldrons come in.  But in the meantime, I'm thinking of ordering up a pair of Cerberus Heavies, or just up my game with another primarch project.  Beyond that, I primed a Cortus-Contemptor and am now waiting patiently for it to cure. 

Bit of a ballpark question for anyone with regards to aesthetics: given that legion rotor cannons are basically unseen, could I get away with using them as assault cannons for my Blood Angels? 

Niiice Gederas, lovin the custom base (always great to see those little wall bits) heh, I rather like the scaly pup there honestly and yeah, definitely can't wait to see what Sammy's Jetbike will look like on there.  I've only ever seen it in comparison to the Scimitar jetbikes, not the Dawneagles or whatever the golden boys stuff is. Seriously rockin' it mate, can't wait to see it all done up. 

Bit of a ballpark question for anyone with regards to aesthetics: given that legion rotor cannons are basically unseen, could I get away with using them as assault cannons for my Blood Angels? 

Corvex is slightly shorter than a Dawneagle Jetbike, as seen here by this conversion by Brother Bish:

http://chamber42.com/blog/wp-content/grand-media/image/Sammael-Jetbike-11.jpg

http://chamber42.com/blog/wp-content/grand-media/image/Sammael-Jetbike-13.jpg

But they're roughly the same size.

And TITHI nearly finished my new Chaos Lord conversion, but I'm stuck on the head choice.

WV9QABM.jpg

And to your question: Rotor Cannons are the predecessor to Assault Cannons, and they look nearly the same. So I'd say yes?

Edited by Gederas

TITH I base coated my first models with my air brush. It went OK and I learned alot. I'm also becoming frustrated because the color I need came in a huge set and I can't find the single color anywhere unless I buy it in a set with colors I don't need/want right now.