Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Nice Laughingman, always gotta like 1st legion boys in black.

Deathspectersrg you be craaay-zay! Better have some pics for some some time this millenium eh? Heh (I think I only own about 350 Marines total between 2 armies).

Niiice Gederas, mate, very nie. You normally don't see spikey-upped Sallies and loyalists like that. It's a pretty excellent idea, and really well done. Lovin' it.

Warriorhunter, mate, dunno how ya do it. Man, nice and clean looking and I don't wanna get near mine. Bleh, but looks great.

Well, TITH (Gederas can claim a 1AM thing so can I!) I finished my first stronghold assault in Blackstone, which was a ton of fun. And more hobby related, I'm just on the finishing touches for the Marshal of the 33rd battalion, 16th Legion forces, Ahazaar.

gallery_107230_14721_44447.jpg

Extra view, a bit

There's, like, 7 different kits in there. gallery_107230_14721_1706.jpeg

This weekend in the hobby, I built the last five Intercessors outstanding, leaving me with two full ten-man squads, one of which is mostly done minus tidying up on some parts, and the other which needs to be basecoated still.

That said, I am having some trouble with how to try and resolve the pose on this one in particular however; The intention is that I'll be cutting off the magazine on the bolt-rifle to show why he's using his knife instead, and I'm looking at maybe getting some of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-FINE-CHAIN-FOR-CRANES-OO-SCALE-MODEL-RAILWAY-35-LINKS-PER-INCH-CX-003-/301843113439 to use as a strap replacement for the weapon. Other than that, it's deciding how to pose it, either as right-handed;

pose_1_by_lpjgpr_dcti532-pre.jpg

Or on this side as a lefty;

pose_2_by_lpjgpr_dcti537-pre.jpg

That said, I am having some trouble with how to try and resolve the pose on this one in particular however; The intention is that I'll be cutting off the magazine on the bolt-rifle to show why he's using his knife instead, and I'm looking at maybe getting some of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-FINE-CHAIN-FOR-CRANES-OO-SCALE-MODEL-RAILWAY-35-LINKS-PER-INCH-CX-003-/301843113439 to use as a strap replacement for the weapon. Other than that, it's deciding how to pose it, either as right-handed;

pose_1_by_lpjgpr_dcti532-pre.jpg

Or on this side as a lefty;

pose_2_by_lpjgpr_dcti537-pre.jpg

Hey Viridia, I recently modeled up an Intercessor in a similar position. I posted a tutorial on making a sling for him here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350034-slings-for-rifles/

I love what you're doing and we have similar ideas. I haven't gotten around to painting mine yet but am looking forward to it.

Well, Today in the Hobby, I got in one of my mats I've been waiting for so I can finally have a nice meaningful cityfight game (Still think I need to snag some more buildings... maybe two skyshields, always open to suggestions. Still got a bunch of barrels, crates, mechanicum gantries, etc.).

gallery_107230_14721_261033.jpg

And I also started to clean up some of the greenstuff on the Landspeeder Squadron I'm putting together.

gallery_107230_14721_91844.jpg

Put together a Conquest Primaris Librarian (with a Reiver head - he's a Chaplain now). Such poor quality plastic. Feels like cheap knock-off Lego. So many gaps and such poor moulding. I'd be gutted if I'd paid over £20 for it. As it was, £15 for this and three reivers, so.

Plastic is very... I dunno. Feels thin, too smooth, too light, and clinks when you tap it. Like base plastic.

Edited by DBadger

-laughs- thanks Brother Casman, I can't wait to get a good game in on it.. it would have been today buuut an out of town uncle showed up to stay over for a day or two.

Well, today in the Hobby I got my two Dominus up to 90%... was just toying with the colours of it and I like.

gallery_107230_14721_256557.jpg

TITHI ordered some fine chain to use for the sling and to see if I can use it on anything else. I also ordered two sets of the Kromlech shields for use with my long planned NL army, and painted up my very first test model for them as well!

night_lord_by_lpjgpr_dctn5np-fullview.jp

night_lord_by_lpjgpr_dctn5z6-fullview.jp

In the process I remembered how much I hate freehand.

Hey Viridia, I recently modeled up an Intercessor in a similar position. I posted a tutorial on making a sling for him here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350034-slings-for-rifles/

I love what you're doing and we have similar ideas. I haven't gotten around to painting mine yet but am looking forward to it.

That's really helpful mate, cheers!

Yesterday in the hobby, I finished up another 10 Skitarii Rangers. And I ordered that Warhound Titan for Christmas. I am both excited and dreading when that shows up at my door. I have never assembled or painted something that large before.

Today in the hobby, I will be starting up the last 10 Rangers I have, as well as finishing up a Cybernetica Datasmith. If all goes well, all the base colors will be done today, I can get the details done tomorrow, then have them all based on Friday. Just in time for my Saturday games.

I've been motivated as of late to essentially 'remaster' my painted AdMech models, as well as painting everything else to my current standard. Been driving me nuts having an unfinished army, especially since this is the longest I've stuck with any one faction and it's the largest faction I have to date.

You still Craaay-zay DeathSpectreSgt, dude!  But man that looks like a ton of fun to do... and like Robwrath, I'm dreading stripping and repainting a trio of tanks, I can't imagine that many troopers.  But I do think rebasing is always worth it.  

Frostglaive, don't worry about the Warhound, it's a daunting but pretty fun model to build.  I'd suggest looking at the WildBoardBlog building instruction, it helped me a ton to put one together in 2 days.  Now I have to do up to 50 skitarii... ugh.  But getter duuuun!

TITH I dithered about how I should expand my army for it's next 250 points in a slow grow league. I'm about two infantry squads behind on painting so I'm tempted just to add a pimped out tank commander and call it a day.

TITH I worked on the last few pieces of my drop pod. Console and harnesses were base coated in black and the engine was base coated in Steel. I need to wash the harnesses so they're not so flat and they get a little depth added to them, then I'll start picking out details.