Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the Hobby I started assembling my first Tactical Marine. And God- Emperor it's annoying to get the parts to stay together.

I recommend glue.

Lol. I am using glue. I think I am being super impatient which is causing the problem

Plastic or super? Plastic does take a little while to melt the model and re-set, and can wobble a bit o ncertain joints, but you just have to leave it for a while. 

If your superglue is not too old, then a thin smear should set in seconds.

I have often used a tiny dab of superglue to hold a plastic glue joint in place while it sets, just at an edge to hold it still.

We actually built terrain. Made some hills using foam, spackle and decorative bark. Plotted out how we're going to turn a 4x8' slab of extruded foam into a modular gaming board with inset recessed trench sections, etc. 

Seems kinda weird and ambitious for a bunch of guys who have barely played in the last ten years. :D

Today in the hobby, I..... committed to a project I probably shouldn't have. Again. *Sigh* Ah well.....gonna roll with it. What is it, you ask?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sml_gallery_37532_5274_18832.jpg

"I come bearing the word of the Emperor, beloved by all. The truth of rationality is his gift to the city-state of D'troi, the clarity of sanity and reality. Accept these gifts, and you shall be welcomed into the arms of Unification. Deny, and your works shall be ash and dust, your mighty city cast into ruin. Choose."

- Herald Anaxagiris Laeuix, deceased, (XI Chapter, XVII Legion, Imperial Heralds) to the Priest-Kings of D'troi (Razed)

And lo, there stood before me a giant of a man, garbed in war plate as dark as pitch. Upon his great shoulder was the icon of a book and flame, worked in gleaming bronze, untarnished and pure. An ocean of servants and repenters surged before him, bearing aloft the trappings of their false gods and the knowledge of their sciences as well. They broke before him, as the tide against an immovable stone, dividing the field in twain. To his right, the great tomes of history and learning were handled with the utmost of care, packed away by more giants in war plate the color of the ash snow that fell from the burning city beyond. To his left, the unrepentant, the zealots, and the depraved alike were put to the torch along with their blasphemous works.

I approached the dark Herald, head bowed and humble, and he received me with courtesy and honor, for upon my breast lay the aquila and thunderbolt sigil, worked in gold and secured to my person by a linked chain. I begged of him his name, and thus did he offer it:

"Heed me well, for I am come in the stead of our Emperor, Bearer of Light and Truth, and my name is Judgment."

Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Today in the Hobby I started assembling my first Tactical Marine. And God- Emperor it's annoying to get the parts to stay together.

I recommend glue.

Are you some kind of heretic? Faith alone holds my miniatures together.

What you call faith is actually sorcery! An agent of the inquisition is currently on their way, if you see them please hand over your collection of warp tainted miniatures and accept whatever judgement they choose. Your cooperation is appreciated.

In the hobby however i setting up a temporary spray booth to get all christmas additions primed for the coming weeks of painting.

We actually built terrain. Made some hills using foam, spackle and decorative bark. Plotted out how we're going to turn a 4x8' slab of extruded foam into a modular gaming board with inset recessed trench sections, etc.

I've always wanted to play on a gaming board like that since I saw that board in the third edition rulebook. Trenches on one side, no-man's land on the other with craters scarring the ground.

Good luck. It sounds awesome!

I've always wanted to play on a gaming board like that since I saw that board in the third edition rulebook. Trenches on one side, no-man's land on the other with craters scarring the ground.

Good luck. It sounds awesome!

My plan right now is to make them modular. I'm thinking 4 2x2 sections (2 or 3 with with trenches) and then some 1x2 sections so that the board can have the trenches on one side, or in the middle, or some other wacky combo. Then some plain flat one ones too, with collapsed entraces to underground sections, or sealed doors to bunkers, etc so that they can still line up with the trench sections.

Dunno, we'll see. Right now we're still making hills and buildings and stuff so that at the very least we have some decent looking stuff for a regular table.

You know, because working on my models would be productive, and I totally don't have enough parts for like 30 or 40 Marines lying around in addition to a dozen or so vehicles to assemble and finally complete the Battle Company.

My plan right now is to make them modular. I'm thinking 4 2x2 sections (2 or 3 with with trenches) and then some 1x2 sections so that the board can have the trenches on one side, or in the middle, or some other wacky combo. Then some plain flat one ones too, with collapsed entraces to underground sections, or sealed doors to bunkers, etc so that they can still line up with the trench sections.

I've got a large piece of pink insulation to do just this same type of project. I'm thinking either 1x4 sections, or 2x2 sections, but I want to have a WWI style trench that I can throw in the car and haul to the FLGS.

Also I have a bunch of masonite-type sections from some old office furniture that are going to be rooms on a void ship some day.

Some day.

It seems like terrain always takes a back seat to figures. And there are so many figures I need to get painted...

But what would I do if I ever got 'finished,' right? Good luck on your terrain, and make sure you share with pictures at some point :thumbsup:

There will be a documentated project log for it. Probably in my own plog here if it doesn't violate the forum rules to do terrain. Otherwise I'll put it on BoLS or Heresy-Online.

The thing with this project is that it's a social event for us (and an excuse for a couple guys to escape wives and kids for an afternoon). So hopefully the scheduled hobby days will encourage progress (even though we spent more time watching the football games than actually hobbying).

The pink insulation foam you're referring to is basically the same material (extruded foam). It's just cheaper to buy a single large slab (and then just have the hardware store cut it into sections for us, lol). Plus they have variable thickness. Right now debating between 1" and 3/4" depending on the depth we decide to go with.

Today in the hobby, I..... committed to a project I probably shouldn't have. Again. *Sigh* Ah well.....gonna roll with it. What is it, you ask?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sml_gallery_37532_5274_18832.jpg

"I come bearing the word of the Emperor, beloved by all. The truth of rationality is his gift to the city-state of D'troi, the clarity of sanity and reality. Accept these gifts, and you shall be welcomed into the arms of Unification. Deny, and your works shall be ash and dust, your mighty city cast into ruin. Choose."

- Herald Anaxagiris Laeuix, deceased, (XI Chapter, XVII Legion, Imperial Heralds) to the Priest-Kings of D'troi (Razed)

And lo, there stood before me a giant of a man, garbed in war plate as dark as pitch. Upon his great shoulder was the icon of a book and flame, worked in gleaming bronze, untarnished and pure. An ocean of servants and repenters surged before him, bearing aloft the trappings of their false gods and the knowledge of their sciences as well. They broke before him, as the tide against an immovable stone, dividing the field in twain. To his right, the great tomes of history and learning were handled with the utmost of care, packed away by more giants in war plate the color of the ash snow that fell from the burning city beyond. To his left, the unrepentant, the zealots, and the depraved alike were put to the torch along with their blasphemous works.

I approached the dark Herald, head bowed and humble, and he received me with courtesy and honor, for upon my breast lay the aquila and thunderbolt sigil, worked in gold and secured to my person by a linked chain. I begged of him his name, and thus did he offer it:

"Heed me well, for I am come in the stead of our Emperor, Bearer of Light and Truth, and my name is Judgment."

Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Bravo, gentlemen. Heathens, I am giddy that you have seen the light of the Word. :D Can't wait to see what you do with them.

@1000heathens: Yer just killin me.

Today in the hobby in continued the work on my two Black Templar Land Raider Terminus, finishing up the forward single sponsons for both and may even get the tracks on.

...and in case you're wondering, that's a shed load of lascannons to clean up.

Today in the hobby I...

...cleaned out the hobby closet at my fiance's house and stumbled across some odd materials I'm going to try using for some hobby projects; including a whole bunch of metal 8.5''X11'' sheet (man I wish I knew she had that before I drove all over creation trying to find it).

Now I can use that metal sheet to resurface the wings on my chaplain dreadnought that got :cuss up after stripping the paint off it. Woohoo!

Today in the hobby I was lurking in B&C (ok doesn't count ;)) and changed my 2000 pts all-around army list for more tooled-up terminators and more tactical marines.

Last night in the hobby I....

...played a 1500 point game with my DA successor against my mates Fallen, with Cypher as one of the HQ choices, and using one of Cypher's Altar of War missions. My Ravenwing hunted Cypher, and although I won the game, Cypher got away (Bah, foiled again by those pesky kids!). All 3000 points involved in the game were fully painted, and only 1 piece of terrain wasn't fully painted too... that, my frater, is what the hobby is all about!

Forge THAT narrative, WAAC gamers! :devil:

Today in the Hobby I am a very grumpy bumble bee. 

Having had my wisdom tooth ripped out yesterday its left me in a bit of a throw all my brushes at the wall mood. The most I've managed this week is 2 servo skulls. I've still got 46 Marines, a Rhino and a Razorback and a Storm Talon to paint before the last weekend of January. Bah.