Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I;

- Received another two KR multifoam cases, so I stuck my Ultras and DG collections from Warhammer Conquest in some half decent cases.

- Assembled everything from the last Conquest delivery (Primaris captain and a Plagueburst Crawler).

- Assembled a Catachan Command Squad box (making two Company Commanders, a platoon commander, a vox operator and a standard bearer)

- Assembled a Catachan Infantry squad.

-Considered assembling the last Tac squad and Dev squad I need to complete my Blood Angels Battle Company but decided that can wait for another day.

TITHI went into the GW store with my girlfriend. (Her first time there)

Store Manager started a quick test game with her, while I was picking out colours and talking to the Store Assistant. (Plaguebearers, Lord of Contagion vs 5 Intercessors)

After that I showed her the AoS Shelves (She likes Fantasy in general, was especially amazed by the Dragons and other big creatures.)

Then the 40k Shelves.

She recognized the Primaris Marines and the Redemptor Dreadnought i have. (Good girl!)

Then...

Then she pointed down the shelves, to a bogger Box, going "Wow! That looks cool! Look at his colours!"

Magnus, the Red.

Magnus the Cyclops!

MAGNUS THE TRAITOR!!!

...Store Manager laughed his ass off.

We explained the situation to her and also showed her the Thousand Sons. (She always likes Ancient Egyptian Aesthetics)

"Those are far cooler than your Marines"

(Sode note: Favourite colour of hers = RED)

Thanks, honey.

Guess in a few months we will get Prospero 2: Relationship Boogaloo!

Edited by RikuEru

More NMM, and some lessons about working inside out to not smudge up the look:

CHRubfI.jpg

Cj9QBmL.jpg

Gehw3Vz.jpg

bvjAW0S.jpg

So more lessons learned, oh and an hour before work this came in:

pdQLppG.jpg

He's now an armless and headless torso on legs that is about 50% blue tack to set the sub-assemblies for priming.

Still in the planning stages, but save for the cord on his belt buckle, his skin and hair, basically everything else on his personage will be getting a NMM treatment.

A lot of the stuff on the base will be too as there is a fair bit of metal doodads mixed in. The aquila head might see a marble treatment though.

Edited by Fulkes

More practice. Switched colors from yesterday to make the color a bit brighter since Guilliman has a fairly bright gold so I wanted to get some practice with that color specifically, and swapped my Averland Sunset glaze for Iyanden Yellow Contrast as the thicker nature of the contrast gives more control.

Basically have the gold down to a look I like, but I'll be changing how I do it and start with my darkest color and glazing up to keep those blends smooth over starting with the mid tone and then working up and then down. Doombull Brown is just too opaque to not look a bit heavy when layered over things.

So here we go a NMM knee:

DStZblA.jpg

NfXelbG.jpg

Oh, and I built Guilliman yesterday, and primed him this morning with a four point zenithal before turning him into sub assemblies:

hc8gBuC.jpg

tQoMbkV.jpg

TITH i made some more progress on my knights (carapaces & breastplates both done, torso 1 done) and i have to say: WOW! Imperial Knights are an amazing experience to paint, a real labour of love.

med_gallery_85622_15412_688874.jpg

med_gallery_85622_15412_1153886.jpg

med_gallery_85622_15412_526872.jpg

My favorite part with my knight was the satisfying click when the top carapace is pressed in to place. To have the piece fit that snugly shows the model is designed well as far as I'm concered. I've got to add that's a really nice green on the carapace.

TITH i made some more progress on my knights (carapaces & breastplates both done, torso 1 done) and i have to say: WOW! Imperial Knights are an amazing experience to paint, a real labour of love.

med_gallery_85622_15412_688874.jpg

med_gallery_85622_15412_1153886.jpg

med_gallery_85622_15412_526872.jpg

My favorite part with my knight was the satisfying click when the top carapace is pressed in to place. To have the piece fit that snugly shows the model is designed well as far as I'm concered. I've got to add that's a really nice green on the carapace.
Yeah, the knight kits really got to benefit from the studio's move to digital sculpting. Tolerances we don't see on hand sculpted models are pretty delightful.

Everchosen progress begins on a good footing:

DVjCvyo.jpg

QLiHlXm.jpg

Lh6LRaI.jpg

lBByqrQ.jpg

Now I just need to get silver and blue NMM down and do everything two dozen times and I'll basically be done!

In all seriousness, I put in around 45 minutes before work and another two hours at work on this gold alone. So it's not like I'll be exactly cranking these things out. Biggest plus with my current method is the use of contrast paints for the glaze which is a lot more controllable than a wash which means it won't be as hard to work around or over other details. Which is good because everything I want to do with the blue armour means doing it before the gold.

Started a project log so I don't keep flooding the thread with bits and bobs of Guilliman, put a link in my signature, cranked out part of his sword this morning (just need to do the blade and gems now), and now I'm stuck at work wanting to keep my momentum up.

In other hobby news, somehow I have almost every shade of dark blue and every shade of light blue GW maked but I lack regular blues so I'll need to make a trip to my FLGS on Tuesday.

Though this might open up the option to sketching all the shades and highlights for the blues like NMM and then glazing it with that blue contrast paint...

Finished Guillimans's sword and gave his laurels a coppery treatment.

Might start on his face tommorrow just to get over that hurdle. The eyes are something I have no practice with so it'll take me a fair bit of work to get his blue-greys in there.