Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Finished Guilliman's face (complete with too many failed attempts at dotting his eyes, I finally sort of got a decent job with a toothpick), knocked out some of his soft armour so I could assemble his legs for easier painting later and got his hair painted.

I'll update the plog later with anything else I manage to do after work as well, but here's the head:

iLveJpl.jpg

OZsoROt.jpg

aKXNbAQ.jpg

cowUUSB.jpg

I haven't gone all out on the highlights yet because I want to leave some room to adjust things so his face is a focal point on the model.

EDIT: I lied. No update on the plog right now after work, but it will go up in the next 24 hours.

Also, I ended up stripping Guilliman's head. In the end I didn't feel it was at the standard I wanted so a quick rubbing alcohol scrub later and his head needs redoing. Due to some bad plannong on my part this means the laurels too, so I may try and work out a metallic green for them instead.

Edited by Fulkes

Updated the plog for Guilliman's new face, soft armour pictures and talking about some other details I tossed in here:
5jJaHOy.png

I'll be honest, eyes are stupid hard but I am up for the challenge if solely for adding just a bit more the final product.

EDIT: And after finally using the forum on an actual computer again I realized how insane the picture size can be. I'll have to slow down just a bit on how often I update in favor of resizing everything so it's more reasonable.

Edited by Fulkes

-kicks back a bit- There we go, Abby's done. Now that it's out of the way I can safely say... -grumbles- wish we had a plastic Horus. Anyway, rushed it more than I normally would but I wanted to see if I could finish Abaddon up before I had to get back to work on another couple projects.

gallery_107230_14721_171190.jpg

-kicks back a bit- There we go, Abby's done. Now that it's out of the way I can safely say... -grumbles- wish we had a plastic Horus. Anyway, rushed it more than I normally would but I wanted to see if I could finish Abaddon up before I had to get back to work on another couple projects.

gallery_107230_14721_171190.jpg

I love the use of Horus' base. Abaddon is on my future project list just for the sake of painting something cool but I admit I've been falling down the hole of wanting to paint other Primarchs since I started painting Guilliman.

I spent a few (several) hours trying to get the shiny blue armour looking right but the effect wasn't panning out so I opted for going with a sold blue with some highlights on the few exposed edges.

Honestly I like this look better. Plus I started the gold and the steel bits:

u2q0vxp.png

TITHI used some of the black magic voodoo I have been instructed in by BCK to prime and base coat in black my first five Primaris with Stalker bolt rifles. Pins + cheapish hemostats + tap hot water warmed rattle cans have produced what appear to be my smoothest undercoats ever on models. Definitely looking forward to getting some color on these models and using the technique again!

Guest MistaGav

Got all of my predator tanks and the Deimos tanks assembled. Just need to clean them up (the worst part!) and magnetise a few last bits and they're ready for painting.

YNITH I picked up Amalia and Mortarion, and started building Mort into sub assemblies so be can be primed.

I'll be back at painting Guilliman tonight, I was just too tired after work to do much else with him.

YITHI built a few Escher gangers, and lamented that the metal Van Saars I picked up at the Phalanx show would seem to be completely unusable with modern Necromunda as some have autoguns and one has a heavy stubber. Shame, I'll just use them for Inquisimunda instead. Alos worked on my ETL vow, hoping to be done with it by tomorrow.

YITHI picked up my Ravenwing Upgrade sprue and Belial at my local GW, so Sableclaw is all set aside from the Milliput needed to fix the gaps and holes; and now I can start working on Primaris Belial a bit more.

Additionally, one of the people at my local GW had a singular Custodes Dawneagle Jetbike, so I'm in the process of kitbashing that to make the "Primaris Sammael" conversion I wasn't planning on doing, but now can do :laugh.:

Current status of the bike as of now:

ivuakTV.jpg

Finished Guilliman's face (complete with too many failed attempts at dotting his eyes, I finally sort of got a decent job with a toothpick)

I found that using a really (and I do mean Really) fine tipped pen (I'm using a pilot permanent ink marker for projectors f tip) or something similar works wonderfully for doing eyes and purity seals as well

TITHI Did some more work on some death guard and finished the shadow spear librarian's paint off, just some transfers to add and he's done

NITHI Have a game tonight smurfs vs Ba, i expect at least three smash captains and the usual accompaniments so i don't feel too bad about including roboutte :devil:

Man Fulkus, sounds like you had a lot more hobby fun than me today. I got to spray on some up some white. Bleh.

As for me, I got white done and got the first batch of some preview pics for a bat-rep going up tomorrow from BAD Tabletop gaming, that I was a guest opponent as. So... that's pretty cool.

gallery_107230_14721_67826.jpg

Edited by Vykes

If it makes you feel better Vykes I had to work today and I'm trying to ignore my neighbors firing firework mortars in the street.

-laughs- I'll admit my Canada day celebrations on the first were spent mud drenched, hiking, and playing tour guide to my city slicker relatives from down east :P I definitely getcha mate!  

-laughs- as an Albertan who lived in Queen's Valley when he was younger, oh no worries I definitely get it :tongue.: It is Kinda funny as there's a vague story behind the cacti thing, Warriorhunter mate!

Our camera crew utterly hated the cacti too, but me and my opponent both started 40K gaming in 2nd edition. Likewise, our armies are using updated models from Space Crusade and Rogue Trader/2E, and guess what particular piece of terrain was in those original How to make table terrain sections of the rulebook? -laughs- Even when we told them that, the response from one was, "Soon as you turn your back I'm throwing those out."

Oh, and for my "Today in the Hobby" I quickly finished up a experiment model using contrasts over vallejo metal, contrast, and some contrast medium with a wash or two using Ahriman as a test. Turned out to be a lot of fun.

gallery_107230_14721_49520.jpg

Edited by Vykes

They asked me to do another one in the near future with my Luna Wolves Bryan Blaire, and that is definitely question #1 from me :P I might have to make an offer and bribe them with some of my terrain to keep the Nostal-cacti alive and well. 

-laughs- as an Albertan who lived in Queen's Valley when he was younger, oh no worries I definitely get it :tongue.: It is Kinda funny as there's a vague story behind the cacti thing, Warriorhunter mate!

Our camera crew utterly hated the cacti too, but me and my opponent both started 40K gaming in 2nd edition. Likewise, our armies are using updated models from Space Crusade and Rogue Trader/2E, and guess what particular piece of terrain was in those original How to make table terrain sections of the rulebook? -laughs- Even when we told them that, the response from one was, "Soon as you turn your back I'm throwing those out."

Oh, and for my "Today in the Hobby" I quickly finished up a experiment model using contrasts over vallejo metal, contrast, and some contrast medium with a wash or two using Ahriman as a test. Turned out to be a lot of fun.

gallery_107230_14721_49520.jpg

The color scheme reminds me of the Sons of Horus; seems too dark. Maybe it was the lighting? Regardless, that's just my opinion. Paint job's excellent, though, nice job.