Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I finished rebasing all my infantry - I saved my Inceptors to last as they were going to be the most challenging. 

N6roMU1.jpg

Next task is doing scenic bases for my walkers. I'm not going to do anything for my Repulsors' bases further to painting the edges, given they can't really be seen. After that, it'll be time to finish my eBay rescue Predator that's been sat basecoated in my drawer for the last few months.

I am in the process of painting the jump packs for my UM Fifth Co.  Assault squad.      Also working on Plakone Assault marine shoulder pads I bought on Shapeways for the assault squad.    Once done  I will do the second squad of assault marines.  They are built and base painted.     I need to add the detail bits I like on them and shoulder pads.     

TITH I got close to finishing my whole-army detailing pass. Walker base edges are painted, shading neatened up, and ruins have been cut for use on the bases. All that's left for them is improving the insignia on their shoulders, painting the ruins and doing the clump foliage.

P4S95eo.jpg

In the ongoing saga of BCC VS WarrioFish!...

Wraithguard are coming along. I'm taking longer on them because frankly?.... They're excellent minis to paint they truly are! So I went with the Alaitoc camo scheme on their helms and I'm really happy with it to be honest!

5B89990F 69A7 4E93 98FE 7E067EC2C1C9

The yellow needs working up another couple of layers and adding to the cloths but other than that its almost time for flock etc!

BCC

Today I bought a new Army Painter laser line pointer:

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/amytl5016.html

I had one of these for X-wing from a hardware store meant to be mounted on a saw but it's fantastic for determining firing arcs in games like AT.  It's a great way to make firing arcs clear without using a tape measure and getting measurements.  

TITH I got a Captain finished, converted a Reclusiarch and built and basecoated the first Intercessor squad. I am not enjoying making these basic guys but only another thirty to go...

After seeing the new sisters stuff I am seriously tempted to take them as allies and go for a full on with an old school Crusade of faith with Astartes, Sorritas, Flagellants, Priests and Knights.

Today in the hobby I finished painting my first model in six years, made a few minor mistakes and need to get one of those fancy art pen things to do the scroll on the front but overall I am quite happy with him.

med_gallery_62975_16082_17004.jpg

Today in the hobby I finished painting my first model in six years, made a few minor mistakes and need to get one of those fancy art pen things to do the scroll on the front but overall I am quite happy with him.

I bought some pens for scroll work and I think they're a little to harsh against the parchment. I find a brush with a tiny amount of black/dark brown gives a more authentic result. The brush method is tedious and does take longer.

TITH I finished three tactical marines. Three more and I've got a full squad and can start playing Betrayal at Calth.

IKVFIXyh.jpg

tithi helped my nephew put together and paint his first tank, gave him the option to magnetise it but he just wanted quad las, so i used the left overs to magnetise one of mine.

Also went through my custodes and deathguard codices (what can i say i'm a guy of many tastes lol) and started penciling in the new points values

Another quick update! Managed to wedge in some hobby time today and caught up with WarriorFish over the phone just to check he's not cheating in the challenge! :teehee:

So Wraithguard are finished and now snuggled up with the Guardians in the cabinet. I wont post a finished pic of them as frankly you've all seen them enough! They just have grass tufts now!

"Zonayen" the Farseer got some love today in the shape of Milliput to fill in the base and build it up nicely. Theres some twisted metal in there also to add some "pop". Also dug out the mini objective thingy that you get with the new Banshee's. I wanted to add some detail so theres a broken Guardian helm next to it and some rocks. Maybe the previous defenders demise?

4C51B69E 73C0 4A10 9D77 FDB90A5904D0

If you've never used Milliput before I cannot stress enough how amazing it is for bases etc! Get some today!

BCC

How'd you get that heat discoloration effect on the melta and the flamer? Washes?

Correct. You can look at steel colors under heat to get your transition but it's basically orange -> purple -> blue. I dilute the washes so each one takes 4-5 glaze-like coats to build up but you get a smoother transition that way. The plasma has a very slight effect on it but it's harder to see.

Here's a better picture of the shading with my redemptor that I did (backwards). I goofed and the blue should be at the tips. I've since corrected it but the transition is still there:

gmiv9HWh.jpg

Wow that's gonna be a cool model, really love seeing horses implemented into 40k, nice work so far!!

Thanks a lot! So far undecided as to which head and arms/weapons to use to finish it.

Currently working on scenery for Adeptus Titanicus as part of my vow for Titans of the Heresy

Work-in-progress picture

gallery_116407_14938_1904.jpg

How'd you get that heat discoloration effect on the melta and the flamer? Washes?

Correct. You can look at steel colors under heat to get your transition but it's basically orange -> purple -> blue. I dilute the washes so each one takes 4-5 glaze-like coats to build up but you get a smoother transition that way. The plasma has a very slight effect on it but it's harder to see.

Here's a better picture of the shading with my redemptor that I did (backwards). I goofed and the blue should be at the tips. I've since corrected it but the transition is still there:

gmiv9HWh.jpg

May I ask what washes specifically? I'm guessing Carroburg for the red, but I'm stumped on the other two.

May I ask what washes specifically? I'm guessing Carroburg for the red, but I'm stumped on the other two.

I actually use Secret Weapon Miniature washes. I bought their entire range when they had a sale and I had a discount code that stacked. I actually think Citadel makes a better product but I'll use what I bought.

In the SWM line their names aren't as creative. My hot metal recipe is Orange, Purple, and Storm Cloud Blue.

Another quick update! Managed to wedge in some hobby time today and caught up with WarriorFish over the phone just to check he's not cheating in the challenge! :teehee:

So Wraithguard are finished and now snuggled up with the Guardians in the cabinet. I wont post a finished pic of them as frankly you've all seen them enough! They just have grass tufts now!

"Zonayen" the Farseer got some love today in the shape of Milliput to fill in the base and build it up nicely. Theres some twisted metal in there also to add some "pop". Also dug out the mini objective thingy that you get with the new Banshee's. I wanted to add some detail so theres a broken Guardian helm next to it and some rocks. Maybe the previous defenders demise?

If you've never used Milliput before I cannot stress enough how amazing it is for bases etc! Get some today!

BCC

I just might get some - where did you get it, is it two part?

TITH I reshot my army after finishing the detailing/polish/basing pass across it. Here's a taster...

5HyjYbL.jpg

eRr1lPL.jpg

PH8Wz7m.jpg

The rest of it is in my WIP in my signature, on in the full album here - https://imgur.com/a/uDWfIsC. Even more shots (alternate angles, detail etc) will be going up on my Instagram (also in my sig) on the coming weeks.