Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI kept going with the airbrush priming.

I managed to get the remainder of the Catachans basecoated in Wraithbone, and I primed 30 SoB models, about 120 Death Guard, and got one Armiger Helverin done before the compressor started whinging at me because it had been on for about 2 days straight.

So I’ve made a massive dent in my pile of shame, I’ve got the three armies I want to get painted in Contrast ready to throw the actual paint on and most importantly, I’m starting to get to the stage where I’m laying down nice smooth basecoats through the airbrush.

So I’ve had a very productive hobby weekend. Awesome.

TiTHI finally got my friend to decide on a colour for the Skaven Blood Bowl team I'm making for him and got some work done on my Primaris Chaplain. I'm starting to love the model, I just wish my ability to blend highlight black was a lot smoother. Edge highlighting seems okay but more advanced attempts are of limited success.

TITH, I got my full Raven Guard army caught up on painting again - note, the models that need painted were all acquired three days ago or less. I need a new pot of Agrellan Earth for basing, but I've got all of them up to the stage I'd apply the Agrellan Earth at (model fully painted, base rimmed and undercoated).

The Predator is finished (afore-mentioned SBR Lieutenant also in shot).

rlxEA1f.jpg

EDIT: more bits box diving, and another Lieutenant for 12 Months of Hobby.

YjCZwnc.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

So I found out that my FLGS is doing a Kill Team campaign in the near future and I've got some leanings towards getting some Krieg models together to run as a Kill Team.

And in other news, the camera came in and I gave it a test run:

SoxsK3R.png

LeladzH.png

5PS3xIy.png

H4aqMjM.png

And a close up on my favorite detail on this model:

b7tznZR.png

I'm honestly really happy with the image quality. This will work great for what I want to use it for.

So I found out that my FLGS is doing a Kill Team campaign in the near future and I've got some leanings towards getting some Krieg models together to run as a Kill Team.

SoxsK3R.png

LeladzH.png

5PS3xIy.png

H4aqMjM.png

b7tznZR.png

I'm honestly really happy with the image quality. This will work great for what I want to use it for.

I mean, I just love that model, pose, paint job, decal work and weathering, image quality be damned. What's that yellow recipe?

TITH, I started the process of converting (in certain cases) and painting one member of each First Founding Chapter (sans Raven Guard, who I already have a number of models of and thus refuse to go out of my way to paint one of when I already have an army of them). I mixed my own Space Wolves grey color and used some spare bits from the Blood Claws box I had before I even actually started playing 40k. One headswap, repose and power pack swap on the Know No Fear Intercessor Sergeant later, I had an Intercessor Pack Leader. I took some inspiration from Duncan's Wolves tutorial and used a brown panel-edge wash (I think he used Agrax Earthshade, I used Seraphim Sepia) instead of an all-over wash of any kind, because I'm out of Nuln Oil and it looks good. I did two thin coats for the yellow (I don't have decals for him, but he's still wearing the colors of Ragnar's Great Company) and I also mixed up my own red hair color for him using an "until it looked right" mix of Khorne Red and Fire Dragon Bright. He's a pretty good model, and I'm excited to get on with the remaining models in the series.

Also, a question - do I do a Death Company Intercessor for Blood Angels, to offer greater conversion opportunities, or do I do a basic Blood Angel?

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

SoxsK3R.png

LeladzH.png

5PS3xIy.png

H4aqMjM.png

b7tznZR.png

I mean, I just love that model, pose, paint job, decal work and weathering, image quality be damned. What's that yellow recipe?

TITH, I started the process of converting (in certain cases) and painting one member of each First Founding Chapter (sans Raven Guard, who I already have a number of models of and thus refuse to go out of my way to paint one of when I already have an army of them). I mixed my own Space Wolves grey color and used some spare bits from the Blood Claws box I had before I even actually started playing 40k. One headswap, repose and power pack swap on the Know No Fear Intercessor Sergeant later, I had an Intercessor Pack Leader. I took some inspiration from Duncan's Wolves tutorial and used a brown panel-edge wash (I think he used Agrax Earthshade, I used Seraphim Sepia) instead of an all-over wash of any kind, because I'm out of Nuln Oil and it looks good. I did two thin coats for the yellow (I don't have decals for him, but he's still wearing the colors of Ragnar's Great Company) and I also mixed up my own red hair color for him using an "until it looked right" mix of Khorne Red and Fire Dragon Bright. He's a pretty good model, and I'm excited to get on with the remaining models in the series.

Also, a question - do I do a Death Company Intercessor for Blood Angels, to offer greater conversion opportunities, or do I do a basic Blood Angel?

Thanks! And my yellow recipe at the time was Averland Sunset with Yriel Yellow with a bit of Flash Gitz for any really popping spots (like the helmet on the captain in my profile picture).

Edited by Fulkes

TITH I had (and lost) my first game since 4th edition. I played my local GW's manager (thank you Brett at Bury St Edmunds - you're awesome). We kept it pretty straightforward as this is my first game since 4th, so DoW deployment, annihilation of your opponent the only objective, single battalion, 1000pts each. I don't have F&F, so I know this is far from an ideal build, but I wanted to get to grips with the basics and see how things had changed.

I brought:

• Primaris Chaplain (warlord) with Benediction of Fury, Imperium's Sword and Mantra of Strength
  • Primaris Lieutenant with Stalker BR
  • 6 Intercessors
  • 6 Intercessors
  • 10 Veteran Intercessors with Auto BRs, Power Fist on the sergeant
  • Invictor with Incendium Cannon
  • Primaris Ancient
  • Predator with 4 Las Cannons
  • Whirlwhind

They had a Great Unclean One, Typhus, Malignant Plaguecaster, Lord of Contagion, Foetid Bloat Drone, 7 Plague Marines and lots of Poxwalkers. I set up a castle with my tanks and Lt, screened out the front with Intercessors, set up a blob of Veterans/Chaplain and Ancient, and deployed the Invictor right up in my opponent's face. I got first turn, they failed to seize. Shooting was lame. The Whirlwind did practically nothing, even firing twice for 2CP, and the Predator chipped a couple of wounds off the GUO. At this point, I thought ":censored: it" and charged the GUO with my Invictor. It missed almost everything, then got killed in the return attacks.

I was pretty worried, and then rolled a six on the explosion, and then kept rolling high for mortal wounds. 6 Plague Marines dead. Most of the poxwalkers gone. Typhus was left on a wound, and the MP and LoC on two each. I got a bit happier at this point.

I can't remember exactly what order things happened in during the middle of the game. Basically though, the GUO and his remaining characters ended up in combat with my Veteran Intercessors, and killed a lot of them, but not before the Ancient allowed most of them to fight before dying. Little bits of chip damage to the GUO here and there, the death of his remaining characters bar the LoC. I finally got a decent block of damage on the GUO when my Chaplain actually got his litany to work - strength eight four damage hitting on 2+? Yes please. My predator fried the FBD.

Late game I learned the value of screening the hard way when my two tanks got flanked and flattened in combat by the GUO and LoC... right after which I worked out how I could have blocked them with my last Intercessor squad and got an extra round of shooting in with at least the Predator. Oops.

Overall, a lot of fun, and I feel getting nearly tabled by a rampaging Great Unclean One and nearly-dead Lord of Contagion, after killing everything else of your opponent's on the table isn't too bad a showing for your first game in four editions.

YiTHI finished painting my Primaris Chaplain (pics soon!). TiTHI received the glass display case... which arrived utterly destroyed. Now I can expect a replacement around March. On the plus side, the customer service person I spoke to was great and made my life a lot easier so I didn't have to return the small pile of glassy gravel back to the returns department. Now I just have to hope the second delivery isn't handled by Varag Ghoul Chewer.

small pile of glassy gravel

Basing material maybe?

That's creative. I might just collect a few pieces.

As promised, I've got some pictures of my Chaplain. Sadly I managed to destroy my tripod phone today so the pictures are in shakey-cam mode. For some reason the camera makes it look like he has giant comedy eyebrows.

IMG 20200216 111222

IMG 20200216 111308

Here's a Youtube video that might show stuff I've missed in the above pictures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3f2ahFwhik

I don't have my chapter icon sorted yet and I haven't filled in the scroll on his shoulder but apart from that and some varnish he's done(I think).

TITHI Helped my niece paint her second chaos marine, we started with the word bearers colours, but now he looks like he just ran headlong, firing wildly through a paint factory

so many colours:yes:

if she asks her mum for models like my nephew did my sis is gonna kill me:devil:  rofl

Edited by treadhead

Been digging around and found some of the Berserkers I'd converted but thought I'd lost. Also did some toting up and realised that when I assemble a classic 'stick it in a sock against fish of fury players' dread and remove the paint off my very first Ultramarines dreadnought I'm going to have four for my 40k army, not including my Redemptor. Starting to feel like I should just roll them as 30k Iron Hands rather than 40k homebrew :biggrin.:

Today I started assembling my Primaris Wolf Lord. I have picked up the birthday special captain and started wolfing him up a bit. I have left the leg off to make painting the inner lining of the cloak easier.

med_gallery_82363_15236_417817.jpg

Not sure whether to replace the shoulder pads with Wolf ones or not. The left pad has the small shield attached and the right one is not the regular fitting. Perhaps he is wolfy enough.