Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH, nada.

YITH, I dug out my Chaos stuff and started work on a new paint scheme, inspired by Midwinter Minis' Bringers of Decay paint scheme, with a heavy emphasis on wash effects. I was playing around with color schemes when... I just made the test model look like pewter again, with some drybrush effects. It was odd, and then he became corroded and awesome with a bunch of Nuln Oil/Typhus Corrosion rust effect nonsense. A little Aethermatic and Blood Angel later and he's basically done - I'm gonna be painting a whole Death Guard army like him. Pics when I've got a unit based.

The other day in the hobby I bought 2 redemptor dreads and Primaris Tigurius on a 40k buy and sell group on Facebook. They arrived yesterday and I’m in the process of stripping the dreads down for my Deathwatch Army. I got quite the bargain, £25 including postage. 

Guest MistaGav

I've got 2 Repulsors, a land raider and Master Lazarus to get through before the month is done. I've done recess shading and highlighting and now it's onto the blacks and metallics for my paint scheme. Once those tedious bits are done the rest will be easy.

I now have 4 Skaven left to paint for my friend's Blood Bowl team and then I have to make a scenic base, which should be interesting. Once I have done that I will be moving back to a 40k project. I think I will pick something Orky if the new Skitarii don't show up first.

TITHI had a day where my arm was finally not giving me :cuss , so I pull myself up by the mojo and got the last two power packs for my Space Wolves' Keen Stalkers squad based coated, then got all the metallics done and shaded, as well as all the rest of the power packs shaded. The Pack Leader, being Wolf Guard, has to have some extra work on his still before I can get it glued.

I also got some new tools to help me in some future conversion work, four silicone clay shapers and a new 100g tube of Green Stuff. Also picked up a Primaris Apothecary to rip off his Absolver bolt pistol and then decide who I'll paint him up as (since Wolves don't have Apothecaries).

All in all, a good day, now to watch some fur sculpting vids while the glue dries.

TITHI had to cancel my game of Bloodbowl as my friend had to self-isolate, but on the bright side I've got time to finish building my Warp Talons and started stripping the paint off my old 2nd/3rd ed lasplas Razorback. Also dug out my old Imperator's Gladii army from the glory days of 4/5th edition so I can strip them as well and repaint them as Crimson Watchers.

YITHI Didn't do the terrain instead i did yet more grey knights heraldry and livery now have all 46 (30 strikes and 16 termies) troops done did cheat a little though gave them each squad the same basic red and white livery then individualised each with some black markings (swords, battlements, scrolls etc) over the top of them just the purifiers, characters and the dreadknights  to finish off now

TITHI Did yet more scribbling on purity seals, this time it was on some ad mech, also helped my niece paint a first gen plastic genestealer, probably a left over from the original space hulk lol

TITH I got caught red-handed: my wife had to go to the office to unblock her laptop (the system interpreted successive connection to her personal and 3 group mailboxes she must monitor as an attempted hack ... qui inconvenient when working from home), she got back quicker than expected and found the garage filled with a painting table with several more scenery models, we quickly pushed it aside so she could park the car inside.

As an aside, the guy unblocking her laptop uses a dedicated keyboard so as not to have to physically touch the other person's laptop and when he can't do otherwise than physically touch it, he wears disposable gloves. And of course, social distancing was respected.

gallery_116407_14938_48559.jpg

Another morning after update in the spirit of the thread. Last night, I worked on my Death Guard again, got 10 more Plague Marines finished - so now all my Plague Marines are finished. Ten boltgun guys, two Plaguesword/boltgun Champions, two power fist/boltgun Champions, four plasma gun guys and two meltagun guys in total, plus a Typhus and a metal Chaos Lord. Just need to work on the Plague Marines' bases and everybody's finished.

Edit to avoid a double post.

I've also resolved to try a new effect with every single army - I've done this anyway thus far, but still. Raven Guard, I learned highlights in general and a bit of OSL. The Eldar, I learned how to do light colors over dark. The Custodes, I attempted wet blending - doesn't look the best, but it's okay. I also learned not to care as much about thick previous coats when I failed to strip off my previous, awful paint job on a couple of them. The Genestealer Cults, I tried something completely new and learned more scenic bases. The Wolves, I learned ice effects, leather and I did more face work than usual. I also learned to jury-rig some Agrax Earthshade out of some Seraphim Sepia and Nuln Oil toward the end of that project. For the Orks I'm wanting to do out of Prophecy of the Wolf... wet blending and non-metallic metal. For real this time. Prophecy of the Wolf only comes with... what, 12 Orks? Three Meganobz, five Nobz, two Grots, Makari and Ghazghkull? I can "speedpaint" my first NMM army no problem. The problem there comes if I wanna expand to a horde at any point - I'm not doing full NMM/wet blending for 30 Boyz and 50 Grots, and I also won't have an inconsistent army.

More things today. I went through and took inventory - I possess exactly 6,555 points of models I'm actually proud of. Neat stuff.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Night before last in the hobby - I got to grips with half a dozen orks and some contrast paints - oh how I love contrast paints for orks!!

At this rate i'm in danger of actually having a few squads of them painted up and will need to buy the current codex,.... and prophecy of the wolf.... maybe....

I also clipped off the sprues issue 80 of conquest ready to clean up and base coat

today in the hobby, i tried to order prophecy of the wolf and some supplies to keep me going but have just click through to cart and been hit with an update to say Darksphere isn't accepting any orders now and may not for a while

Fair play to them - they need to do what is best for their staff and the community in general.