Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I learned that nail polish remover melts plastic...

Who was the plastic miniature that got melted?  If your trying to remove paint use simple green, it removes but does melt anything.  Warning, it takes a week or two to remove the paint. 

Today in the hobby I absolutely did not worry in any way because the bitz I've ordered for ETL haven't turned up yet. :ermm:

Honest.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just model two of my Terminators waist-deep in mud so they won't need legs! :teehee:

Edited by Ace Debonair

Bought a somewhat customized Contemptor off of eBay and I'm getting ever closer to nailing down the FW-style metallic Alpha Legion scheme. So far: Chaos Black primer, Alclad Gloss Black undercoat, Testor's Model Master Metallic Turquoise and I'm stumped. Need to compare some washes (Camoshade? Tamiya Smoke? Green Glaze? Clear Green?) & highlights then hit it with a thinned out Clear Blue coat I guess.

Today in the hobby I received most of the parts needed for my rebooted Iron Hand successor HQ. I've spent most of the day trying to make a custom decal sheet, using a graphic I found online ages ago. Unfortunately as it's a jpeg, it doesn't resize very well, and I've had to resist the urge to throw my laptop across the room. I might have to change the Chapter symbol completely, which I'd prefer not to do. Still on the bright side, I now know how to do it (even if "it" is rather crude), I just need a decent graphic and a steadier hand! :wallbash:

Receoved my fleabay bargain tactical squad with Deathwatch upgrade set....which completes my troops for the army.  Centurions arrive tomorrow which completes the HS selections....just a couple of boxes of Sternguard, a couple of drop pods and a box of vanguard to go and I have them all!

... I wished World of Tanks had a decent WH40K mod... the remembered that sponsons don't really work, so most Imperial tanks would be useless, especially the Land raider..

Today in the Hobby I...

...sprayed my Chaos Terminator squad black. Separate from their arms. As they are all now magnetized, those bodies and arms.

And I am waiting for the extra arms (such as the lightning claws) and the extra Chaos Termie shoulder pads to arrive, so I can truly start to customize them per battle if need be.

Today in the hobby I finished priming every last bit of my ETL vow, there is no grey anywhere, and began to paint the bases. I also successfully freehanded the chapter symbol for the next in my Sons of Sanguinius project.