Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

YEah, the eye-patch is a great idea, but save it for a later model - the scar on this dude is what's giving him so much character.

Ā 

Hidden Content

Ā 

Ā 

He went from coo-looking pained psyker to hipster in one session of catching up in this thread.... :wink: still, this is SO much better than that bland original head behind door #1. :thumbsup:

Ā 

Thanks? I guess?

Ā 

Apologies, that came off wrong. First off, I meant to write 'cool-looking', not 'coo-looking', and second it was meant as a joke playing on his beard and ponytail - but rereading it I understand it was easy to come across as negative feedback (which was not the intent at all). Please forget I wrote it - I love the mini and that sculpted facial and cranial hair adds a ton of character to his already wickedĀ face!! :tu:

No worries, Augs, I knew you were joking and the sarcasm in my reply probably didn't translate either.

Ā 

Nothing new to show off but some different angles for better views of the hair and the bones I sculpted on the right leg, and a new position for the head I might like better.

Ā 

oVuV32x.png

Ā 

You know... I did some thinking based on some of the ideas being kicked around in here over this figure, and I think for this little group I may do some mythological versions of the Norse pantheon as Wolves. This rune priest will become a version of Thor and that staff will become a hammer.

But... the VI Legion is already Norse inspired. I mean, I'm all about the Dusk Raiders, so if you can convince me otherwise, please do.

Ā 

Honestly... I can't. I just really miss your Dusk Raiders. I am glad you're skipping the tired old Wolf theme, though. Speaking of those scales, have you considered when you do get around to painting on doing them iridescent? I know Green Stuff World has some amazing new iridescent / color shift acrylic paints.Ā 

I'm not really feeling that Fist... it may just be because it's blocky and poorly designed. I almost feel like he should have a power armoured left arm, possibly even bare. Love that Hammer, though!

Edited by DuskRaider

Geigors claw might look cool instead of the fist.

It probably would, but I am unsure whether a rune priest can have a claw. The modle looks awesome with staff or with hammer. I am not yet sold on the cloak though. Will it become pelt?

Yeah, I would actually go for an arm at his side or spanned out toward the ground to go with the flow of the Hammer down to the base.Ā 

Ā 

You mean the first arm I did that no one liked?

Ā 

Ā 

Geigors claw might look cool instead of the fist.

It probably would, but I am unsure whether a rune priest can have a claw. The modle looks awesome with staff or with hammer. I am not yet sold on the cloak though. Will it become pelt?

Ā 

Ā 

I'm not planning on making the equipment on these guys legal for play so...

Ā 

I think the idea of a hammer is perfect, but the shape of the head doesnt suit the model imo.

Ā 

Also on a side note, is it bad i know someone with that haircut/beard lol

Ā 

The hammer was something from an old chaplain conversion that didn't pan out and it was handy so I put it on him. I still like the looks of it, but it may change.

Ā 

And Wolf #2 begins.

Ā 

7jlnsGA.png

Ā 

This will probably be my Odin figure because of the pose and how tall he is. And yes, those are Inceptor parts from the waist down, which I will likely never do again. I wanted the heavier armor look of the greaves, but it was a huge PITA to get the skids (or whatever) off the bottom of the feet and then after cutting the thighs away from the hips to discover that the upper legs will not fit onto the lower ones at a straighter alignment (walking pose) without seriously chopping back some of the armor plate and parts of the thigh itself. Either that, or removing the knee pads which I didn't want to do.

Ā 

Dunno if I want to give him his traditional weapon of the spear, Gungnir, or swap it out for another two-handed weapon like a monstrous axe.

Ā 

Shout out to Doghouse for his latest tutorial on true scale to assist with the tartaros front torso mating to a normal PA rear torso.

Ā 

Oh, and a size comparison shot of father and son.

Ā 

4uMOJYd.png

Ā 

I'll try to get some more pics later with a normal primaris (Thor's just a little bit taller, not counting the hood or hammer) and a PA marine.

My goodness, you're a butcher, in the bestĀ possible way.

Ā 

Ā 

7jlnsGA.png

Ā 

"Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive."

Ā 

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

Oooh Thor is looking mighty fine with that head repose. When I first saw it, I immediately thought his right wrist could do with a decrease in angle to the forearm, but then you did exactly dad when you gave him mjolnir.Ā 

Ā 

Ā Odin is looking promising. I gotta check out Doghouse's truescale thread again. 'Been too long.