I'm seriously considering a Death Guard Contemptor because I just love the way it looks. I'll bet the NL version will have chains and corpse parts all over it, which is something I originally planned to do with these guys, but decided against it to differentiate them from what they would become once Nostramo and Conrad Kurze were found.

I'm seriously considering a Death Guard Contemptor because I just love the way it looks. I'll bet the NL version will have chains and corpse parts all over it, which is something I originally planned to do with these guys, but decided against it to differentiate them from what they would become once Nostramo and Conrad Kurze were found.

Ya man, the Death Guard Contemptor is pretty boss and the best part is it has so few decorations on it that you can shave them off with almost no problem and use him for whatever Legion you want.

For reasons that will become clear at a later point in time, I may be doing a squad of Death Guard to team along with the Sons, and yes, the ease of conversion to another Legion is one of the reasons I like the DG dread. The rest of it is how it's basically a Contemptor version of MK III armor with the helmet and even the shoulder pad trim on it.

I have this guy, that's been sitting around in a sealed baggie for several years, and am contemplating if I want to add him to the Crimson Sons.

http://i.imgur.com/bEtIRBd.jpg?2

I just wonder about the aquila on the chest and the shield being appropriate.

Perhaps he performed deeds that made him worthy of that honor during the Crusade/Unification Wars?

http://i.imgur.com/bnjnE3M.gif

I can go with that.

Most appropriate use of that gif i have seen! My hat goes off to you.

Works well though, use that!

And after much lurking i cant take it any more, You have i must say some of the best conversions and works i have seen. Brilliant work and i think you will do the crimson sons perfectly and so far you are already showing that!

Keep it up mate.

Most appropriate use of that gif i have seen! My hat goes off to you.

Works well though, use that!

And after much lurking i cant take it any more, You have i must say some of the best conversions and works i have seen. Brilliant work and i think you will do the crimson sons perfectly and so far you are already showing that!

Keep it up mate.

Well, thank you very much! I'm quite excited about these guys and hope to see a completed army in the near future. :D

Think about all the buttkicking he'd have to have done to earn that kind of honor to wear the aquilia...

...then think about all the "fun" he'd have desecrating it as he began to walk the darker path; all the opportunities for battlefield creativity; jumping in front of a melta shot and watching as the head melted off that damned eagle. Positively giddy with joy as a former brother cuts across his chest with a chainsword, scarring a rictus grin across their dual heads- venting his suit to the harsh winds, reminding him of his own mortality in that brief instant;  as macabre a reminder of his state of being as when he had been in proximity to his primarch....

Okay, I really need to stop frequenting these chaos threads late at night, it takes my mind to weird places. 

Think about all the buttkicking he'd have to have done to earn that kind of honor to wear the aquilia...

...then think about all the "fun" he'd have desecrating it as he began to walk the darker path; all the opportunities for battlefield creativity; jumping in front of a melta shot and watching as the head melted off that damned eagle. Positively giddy with joy as a former brother cuts across his chest with a chainsword, scarring a rictus grin across their dual heads- venting his suit to the harsh winds, reminding him of his own mortality in that brief instant;  as macabre a reminder of his state of being as when he had been in proximity to his primarch....

Okay, I really need to stop frequenting these chaos threads late at night, it takes my mind to weird places. 

I like that, but the back story I'm creating for these guys is that they are all Terrans, before Kurze was found, and once the primarch takes over the legion, they HATE the Nostraman astartes. And the primarch.

And they hate......

Wait for it.....

The colour red!

So here's the FW Games Day guy in a posing trial with a breacher shield.

http://i.imgur.com/EwZH9Ym.jpg

Yes, it took a LOT of blu-tac to hold on the shield and his hammer. The first thing I noticed about this guy after clipping him off of the big resin sprue block and setting him on a base(not shown in the pic, as he is standing on an old paint pot) is that he's a base hog. His stance is so wide that parts of both feet are hangimg off the base, and with the position of his shield and hammer, this guy would be quite a PITA to get into btb with other figures. I also decided to go with a different head because I'm not doing the crests on my VIII Legion.

Here's a front shot showing the two shields:

http://i.imgur.com/Y4Er9vD.jpg

Initially, I didn't want to use the shield he came with and was leaning towards the breacher shield because it has more flat space that would let me weather the :censored: out of it, but now I'm not sure. After futzing around with the posing for a little while, the original shield has grown on me to the point that I am now completely undecided.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Hes got a bit of a package there that needs protecting.  What a show off! 

I agree I'd probably cut it down to size.

I must say though both shields look pretty awesome.. But i can imagine the breacher with a nice amount of blood running down it over their Chapter symbol. Would look mighty bad ass

I'm definitely of the opinion you should go with the breacher shield. The one he came with is far to ornamental and just...Imperial for the VIII. The Breacher shield gives off the impression of brutal functionality that defines them, even the terran born ones. Plus, it lets you use the aquilla shield for another project down the line that fits better, just my two cents though. Both options would look awesome, and i'm sure you can do them justice, in the end it's up to you.

In unrelated news, this thread is still full of win. 

Edited by Brother Arcturus

Agreed again, plus the flat breacher surface can be an excellent way to show off that fancy-shmancy acid-rain effect you got goin.'

Huh. The more I think of it, the more I like the idea of the winged breacher shields used as storm shields. Might need to try that out.

I'm definitely of the opinion you should go with the breacher shield. The one he came with is far to ornamental and just...Imperial for the VIII. The Breacher shield gives off the impression of brutal functionality that defines them, even the terran born ones.

Yeah, I'm starting to lean towards the breacher shield now.

In unrelated news, this thread is still full of win. 

lol, thanks!

Agreed on the breacher shield, I would definitely use that, plus the icon would look a lot better than the simple Imperial Eagle. :thumbsup:

True. Very true.

Agreed again, plus the flat breacher surface can be an excellent way to show off that fancy-shmancy acid-rain effect you got goin.'

It's not all that fancy, lol. Just some washes and a lot of patience. :D

Huh. The more I think of it, the more I like the idea of the winged breacher shields used as storm shields. Might need to try that out.

Yes. Yes you do.

I say go with the Breacher, you can do some badass effects, like, say, the Legion Symbol weeping blood...

I thought Everyone did this? I bought like 10 of them to do it. 

I say go with the Breacher, you can do some badass effects, like, say, the Legion Symbol weeping blood...

I thought Everyone did this? I bought like 10 of them to do it. 

Where did you get ten of them to experiment with?  I'd like to give that a try some time soon if they aren't that expensive.