AHA! You're right!

Yep, like Mikhail said- blood angel command squad from several years back. The landspeeder vengeance has a similar torso in plastic now.  

Those are both on my most coveted bits list along with the shorter back pack from the LS Vengeance kit and some other hard to find things.  

AHA! You're right!

Yep, like Mikhail said- blood angel command squad from several years back. The landspeeder vengeance has a similar torso in plastic now.  

Those are both on my most coveted bits list along with the shorter back pack from the LS Vengeance kit and some other hard to find things.  

Ditto, they are perfect torsos for flyer cockpits because they have the air feed hose look to them. 

They make sexy Flamerthrower guy torso's too... :tongue.:

gallery_37532_5399_26874.png

OOOOooooooo pretty....
Awesome, I still love that conversion (must have been a :cuss trying to remove that right arm), just a shame it's in Marine Malevolent colours! :p :D Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Used to like the old space marine captain mini. There was also an old sergeant model I saw that had a bionic arm and chainsword that I really liked.

The chipping damage looks really nice.

You mean this guy?

http://i.imgur.com/UR114EB.jpg

If so, I used to have one of those and traded it away years ago. It was a cool figure.

I'm glad you like the chipping! I think the hairspray technique produces some amazing results, since it is literally chipped paint, and looks a lot more natural than trying to do it with a paintbrush or dabbing paint on with the spongy stuff that comes in the blister packs.

Yeah that's the one saw it in one of the old rulebooks and just like the bionic arm I cant remember but there also used to be a similar model which was a bionic standard bearer. That techmarine piece looks like a pilot land speeder crew member?

Shorter back pack? I've never heard of that. Then again, I think that kit is almost as much an abomination as the Centurions and try to pretend it doesn't exist.

Ditto, they are perfect torsos for flyer cockpits because they have the air feed hose look to them. 

Good idea!

They make sexy Flamerthrower guy torsos too...  :tongue.:

Another good idea!

Some class work on the Crimson Sons, BCK! I like the effect you've gone for with the "acid rain-streaked" paintwork

Not sure if you're still unsure as to what to do for a Techmarine, but the one here is quite something. Take a peek!

Thanks, DA. :) That is a nice techmarine, and one of the reasons I wish mine was Finecast.

Shorter back pack? I've never heard of that. Then again, I think that kit is almost as much an abomination as the Centurions and try to pretend it doesn't exist.

BCK, mikhail is referring to this bit. You'd be surprised: heathens found that it fits perfectly on the veteran with power maul - the one you're working on for the Crimson Sons - and I fully intend to use it for my army as well.

For such an... intersting kit, there's loads of little gubbins inside that make it something resembling a worthwhile build, from the backpack, to the helmets, shoulder pads and torsos. Basically, the crew are much better builds than the vehicle itself.

Edited by Dragonkin Arenis

I want that torso!

nurgle heavy flamer much

I could see that.

I'm no librarian but I'm predicting that both the blood angel tech marine torso and the land speeder vengeance torso are going to be cropping up with more frequency, and that they will be harder to find in the not too distant future

The LSV torso will probably be on eBay for a while.

BCK, mikhail is referring to this bit. You'd be surprised: heathens found that it fits perfectly on the veteran with power maul - the one you're working on for the Crimson Sons - and I fully intend to use it for my army as well.

Mine may end up with a HH era jump pack.

Small update on the Forge Lord:

http://i.imgur.com/cXTbm0n.jpg

I haven't decided what to do with the torso yet, but I figured I may as well get the base filled in for the time being.

Maybe the Mechanicus cog symbol with bag wings to the sides?

Right now, though, I'm more worried about how the frell I'm going to do the servo harness on this guy. I may only do two arms, but I want one of them to have a conversion beamer.

A little while back I lost an auction for some Alchemists of Dirz figures I was hoping to use for some techno-barbarians:

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac348/RackhamMiniatures/Alchemists%20of%20Dirz/ClonesofDirzBlister.jpg

I got one of those second chance offers from the seller for only 3 of them instead of ten, but it was a lot cheaper per figure than the original auction went for, and it would let me check the scale of these guys against the marines to see if it would even be worthwhile. They showed up in the mail today, and I think the scale will work just fine with the marines:

http://i.imgur.com/PWV5enc.jpg

Unfortunately, some of the other Dirz figures I already have, and love the look of them, are a bit too big to use, such as this Keratis Warrior:

http://i.imgur.com/62hvBPf.jpg

Ah well.

I've also started on a new conversion for another marine, and here's the early wip prior to some greenstuffing:

http://i.imgur.com/NxHEqrR.jpg

Looks good, really like the armour panels on the upper legs and also that extended rear neck guard which goes nicely with the iron armour helmet, it kind of gives a heavy siege armour look.

Looking forward to more progress.