Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

You could always go for Shock factor and use a Kharybdis Assault Claw (only a meltagun more expensive than a LR Phobos!). It has 20 transport capacity and doesn't force disembarkation upon arrival from deepstrike like other Pods and is an assault vehicle + Flyer than can shoot some/burninate.

This thing costs the same $$$ as a Spartan though.

Yeah.... I hate the Kharybdis. I hate it's ridiculous, clunky, over-sized design and I hate what it represents; GW's absurd refusal to give Chaos players regular-ass drop pods. It's a sore spot for me, though I suspect I'm not alone in this...

When it comes to a choice between that and a Spartan, I'll take a Spartan every day.

1) What about that boring old Axe of Blind Fury? Fairly cheap Lord really, add in the Sigil and you are golden ('Zerks are also troops with his Mok). Severed heads in the empty hand where the powerfist was?

2) Black Legion - Spineshiver Blade/Power Axe Combo - AP3 Daemon Weapon for munching squads, AP2 Axe in case of a pinch. MoN? (Chosen are also troops :smile.:)

3) Crimson Slaughter - Blade Relentless, Horns etc...etc...

What about magnetzing him at the wrists? Will give you a lot more choice, and the chance to paint all sorts of spandangly, evil looking weapons :devil: and be able to use what you have got.

For a ride I would say Spartan if you are buying more, or a Dreadclaw, how awesome in your NL scheme?!?! However, you already have a taxi for him for now :wink:

Absolutely beautiful army btw Bro Heinrich, love your conversions/gs/painting/fluff/battle reports (army looks great on the field). First chance I have had to go through it, as I said absolutely beautiful (in an 8 foot, murderin', flayin' psycho of the Long War kind of way); have all my likes for the day :biggrin.:

Thanks man, at first I though there was a malfunction with all your likes when I logged in lol. Thanks for taking the time to look through it, I'm a big fan of your Flesh Eaters and I've been watching your Black Legion log with great interest, keep up the awesome work.

Great stuff!

For your Lord the BL combo is the nastiest I've heard of for the current Chaos books. As for his ride and peeps, I'd say back him up with a fast hard hitting Chosen squad. If your not against the idea of a drop pod it could get him into the slaughter faster and up his survivability

Edited by Noctem Cultor

Evening Brethren,

No 'official' update as far as my Call of Chaos vow goes, but I have something I'm sure you'll all enjoy just as much. The central figure of this entire warband and blog, Captain Hashec Tor, has taken a trip to the armory and found some shiny new toys with which to maim, kill, and burn. After listening to all of your fine advice on the subject of gear for a Chaos Lord, I decided to give him back the infamous Axe of Blind Fury and pair it up with it's fiery soulmate, the Burning Brand of Skalathrax. Rest assured I plan on writing a good piece of fluff to weave the narrative back from his fall to the God of Decay and into the good favor of the Blood God once more (Krautscientist will no doubt be pleased). I'm also happy to have him back in Terminator armor as nothing exudes pure menace like a walking behemoth of ceramite and bronze covered in grisly trophies of the slain. Paint will come in the next couple of days, but here is the mock-up of his new arms, comments and criticisms much appreciated and encouraged as always.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/8262fa4a-1495-4baf-b2e6-44f8e2c88aaa_zps56e9b221.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/6da15e04-f50d-4e4d-95ea-a2d9ef95e3cc_zps0af1aac9.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/29581015-29f4-4342-bb62-23751239bb1f_zps9a2408ca.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/7e8aae30-ce93-4cfe-89d4-07e525ccd6d1_zpsf8590fde.jpg

Nice little size comparison shot to see what a freaking beast he is:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/fb317030-4a8b-40b6-8eba-5730d117a8ad_zps12f296ac.jpg

AVE DOMINUS NOX

I think that he looks good with the updated weapons and shoulder pad but it seems like a missed opportunity to make a completely new model for your Warlord.  Have you considered making a new Hashec Tor in Cataphractii terminator armor or even the Praetor in terminator armor?  I may be a little biased towards the 30K armor styles myself but nothing says "Veteran of the Long War" like Heresy era armor.

Sweet! Tor is looking awesome. Kage is right, it's always cool,to see an HQ with more diverse armament.

Can't wait to read the story of how he ditches Nurgal for the Axewolf. That will be a great read, I'm sure ^_^

I love that chained pauldron, where is that from?

Well, I've always been an enormous fan of Terminator Hashec, as you know, so I am indeed pleased ;) It's also my pleasure to welcome your warlord to the Khornate workforce ;)

The new weapons are looking great, although I do have one tiny nitpick: Due to the slightly changed pose, his chest area is looking a bit too narrow, if you ask me. Although that should be easy enough to rectify by adding a little something to the gaps between the torso and arms (small heraldic plates? More trophies?).

Was the broken horn on his facemask an actual design decision, or rather a bit of "real battle damage"?

In any case, good to have this big guy back! :)

FW WE Terminator upgrade kit, I believe.

Was the broken horn on his facemask an actual design decision, or rather a bit of "real battle damage"?

Lost a duel against gravity. Think I remember commenting on how that could transfer onto his biker form.

Good to see you reverting to the One True God.  :biggrin.:

I love seeing HQ units with something other than a pistol for a ranged weapon.

Agreed, If I could I would give all my HQ's heavy bolters.

Beast is right! Holy skubalen.

Thanks man!

Glad to see the 15th is playing with blood again will his chosen be joining him?

As a matter fact yes. I'm planning 8 Khorne Berzerkers :devil:

I think that he looks good with the updated weapons and shoulder pad but it seems like a missed opportunity to make a completely new model for your Warlord.  Have you considered making a new Hashec Tor in Cataphractii terminator armor or even the Praetor in terminator armor?  I may be a little biased towards the 30K armor styles myself but nothing says "Veteran of the Long War" like Heresy era armor.

I didn't want to do a new model entirely because 1) Greyall is drawing him as is, and I'd love to have the artwork match the mini, and 2) The core model was my original vision for Hashec. He was the first thing I pictured when I started this force. It's how I do all of my armies, I start with a vision of the commander, then the rest of the force becomes a reflection of his persona. 

Also despite my use of scattered bits of heresy armor, a full suit of Cataphractii warplate would not have made it through the legion wars and thousands of other conflicts to the 41st millennium intact. I know I could warp it and chaos-ify it, however that's not this warband. The 15th company are scavengers and opportunists with the best of the VIII Legion, but they do not shy from the powers of the Empyrean, they don't cling desperately to the relics of the past. They use what they can to fuel their ability to bring war to the Imperium, hence why Hashec's armor is made from pieces of Indomitus plate ripped from dead loyalists over the years. 

I really like the look of the Burning Brand. His right arm seems a tad small, however. Other than that, he looks awesome.

-Tarvick

Thanks, I think it's the angle as well because he's got his arm stretched back. I do plan on bulking it out a little with GS.

Sweet! Tor is looking awesome. Kage is right, it's always cool,to see an HQ with more diverse armament.

Can't wait to read the story of how he ditches Nurgal for the Axewolf. That will be a great read, I'm sure :happy.:

Yeah hopefully you guys enjoy it. The pauldron is form the FW Khorne Terminator Shoulder pad set.

Now, that's one hell of a beast.

Must say I prefer this incarnation over the past ones.

Awesome that's the response I was hoping for :)

this thread is one of the inspirations for me starting my night lords awesome work dude!

Thanks man, always happy to help inspire another VIII Legion Brother.

Well, I've always been an enormous fan of Terminator Hashec, as you know, so I am indeed pleased :wink: It's also my pleasure to welcome your warlord to the Khornate workforce :wink:

The new weapons are looking great, although I do have one tiny nitpick: Due to the slightly changed pose, his chest area is looking a bit too narrow, if you ask me. Although that should be easy enough to rectify by adding a little something to the gaps between the torso and arms (small heraldic plates? More trophies?).

In any case, good to have this big guy back! :smile.:

I'll see if I can mock up some herldry-esque plates to cover the gap, though it may just be because I don't have paint on him yet and the arms stand out. Also the horn was a victim of my overzealous feline :dry.:. I repainted it to make it look like battle damage. 

FW WE Terminator upgrade kit, I believe.

Lost a duel against gravity. Think I remember commenting on how that could transfer onto his biker form.

Good to see you reverting to the One True God.  :biggrin.:

Skulls for the Skull throne brother.

Dang he's massive

haha phrasing. But thanks.

Damn son. That is...yeah. Damn.

Thanks man. Been really enjoying your heresy Blood Angels, they are helping me pool ideas for a project of my own in the future...

Love the new wargear, Heinrich - Hashec has truly become the beast that his helmet alone portrays.

Also - great, great work on the trim of the flamer - could you do a small tut on how you did that? 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Thanks for answering my question with an excellent explanation Heinrich. I hadn't really thought about the idea that most of the traitor Legions would have to resort to scavenging wargear to replace their damaged and worn out original equipment. 10 thousand years is a long time to wage war after all. I've never built a 40K traitor marine army but when I do I'll keep your NL in mind. I like your method of building your force around its commander, I may try that with my 30K WB actually. Thanks for providing so much insight into your way of thinking and a great deal of inspiration and ideas for my new projects.