Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

HOLY **** IT IS MAGNUS THE RED!!! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to see this beast painted by you. I like the arm repose, but with your skill I think you could have made something much more impressive. I mean, the model is great, but he still looks totally Thousand Sons-like, while I think that a Balefire Legion version of Magnus would be much more awesome.

HOLY **** IT IS MAGNUS THE RED!!! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to see this beast painted by you. I like the arm repose, but with your skill I think you could have made something much more impressive. I mean, the model is great, but he still looks totally Thousand Sons-like, while I think that a Balefire Legion version of Magnus would be much more awesome.

i thought about making him more converted, but i really like the model as is pose and all, so i was fine with just messing with the arm and the feet.

so noting too major.

Intact nipple horns FTW!

hehe, i was unsure how i wanted the armour to look like, not too fond of it, but it would be a major haulover if i was gonna remove all the bird bits from it, and the nipple horns, but its magnus! when ever i see the old artwork magnus just have to have his nipplehorns.

Nice repose on your Magnus! Definitely looking forward to seeing him painted up as part of the Balefire Legion!

im looking forward to painting him, but that might take a while, ill get around to is.

I was so close...

And the reposing looks fine. Can't wait to See him fully painted.

close but not quite. :)

so i wanted to ask what would you like to see a update on the bastion or sorcerer?

Sorcerer please! That model is amazing, I love the "mini-duel" models, the only reason I don't make more of those is because the colours of the other guy look weird in the middle of the army...

sorcerer it is, i plan on having dead or half dead blood angels for basing for my army so i think it work, also can make alternate base sinse the head is lose for gaming.

+1 for sorcerer.

he is finally built, gonna share him sonyou can all get a look, and he will go on the to be painted pile.

Some great sculpting and modeling ingenuity in this thread! Deffinately gonna steal that flame idea. ;)

thanks , feel free to steal away.

there you go

I love it! The new head ist awesome, although I can't really make out the features on the face/faceplate because of the white resin. Otherwise he is simply stunning! Edited by Aasfresser

Breathtaking model Thamier, the animal skull on the shoulderpad is awesome and, even though I must agree with Aasfresser that the face features are difficult to make out, the hooded look really fits him well. The only problem I have with him are the flames coming from his jump-pack. It might be just me, but I simply never imagined those as two perfect cones, but more as jets of uncontrolled fire. Everything else is spot on though, the model is really impressive!

Breathtaking model Thamier, the animal skull on the shoulderpad is awesome and, even though I must agree with Aasfresser that the face features are difficult to make out, the hooded look really fits him well. The only problem I have with him are the flames coming from his jump-pack. It might be just me, but I simply never imagined those as two perfect cones, but more as jets of uncontrolled fire. Everything else is spot on though, the model is really impressive!

the jets might be better once painted, and the face too :)

there you go

I love it! The new head ist awesome, although I can't really make out the features on the face/faceplate because of the white resin. Otherwise he is simply stunning!

the face plate will be better once painted up, or even primered ill have a look at it.

Best sorcerer ever?

you tell me? 

also like to share this 

The Maloghurst video is great too, but he was an easy model to visualize in all of its depth with simple photos. The sorcerer, on the other hand, is a much more complex model in that aspect, so the video helped a lot more.

The Maloghurst video is great too, but he was an easy model to visualize in all of its depth with simple photos. The sorcerer, on the other hand, is a much more complex model in that aspect, so the video helped a lot more.

i know, im still very proud of Maloghurst, but the sorc you really see the details better in 360 

Oh man that Sorcerer looks amazing, really natural posing with fluid movement! The video really does show the model better than just pictures, looking forward to your next project!

thanks for the kind words, i tryed my first game with him, he looks cool, but i still got completely destroyed:p im no good at actually playing

now a action shot

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/52F35C1A-C96B-43E1-8798-0C4F89F2397F.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/45D0FC89-B0AC-4D53-B014-AC2AD9EA3E81.jpg

Nice action shots! Maybe put a marine looking up at the bastion in the shot? Looking forward to see you progress with the bastion!

i should have thought of that, time for another update the bastion is complete ! just needs paint

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/0FECBC8B-2B35-4575-BBBA-CACFFEECE68B.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/8D328037-7B6C-4052-88CC-F846038659AC.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/2F50AF77-ADC1-4C31-9CA7-8BCF80E9DEE4.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/F8C37DA9-4577-4EA0-B60E-B060CBC73AD7.jpg

so what do you all think? good bad ?

also on a unrelated note have a few questions for you experts, whats the slaanesh and nurgle equilavante of a bloodthirster? and how big would they be? and what base shape and size??