JJD's Dark Angels

JJD

Looking real good JJD :)

Thanks Arkley I’m almost there now.

Really nice work as usual JJD, be great to see them finished

Thanks Stobz it will definatley be nice to see them finished.

I’m almost there. Just three heads and a power sword. I’m aiming to get it done when I’m on late shift over the weekend but we will see.

med_gallery_74577_9223_501941.jpeg

Great stuff JJD, really like your painting style

Thanks Robbienw it’s still a work in progress but it’s nice to have this log of everything I’ve painted.

I’m still not happy with the white but I needed it to match the previous 3 black knights. It’s mainly the front wings that I don’t like but I can live with them.

JJD, no need to be displeased about the white, at least it's crisper and more neat than mine (painted in a similar fashion, I think).

Now pop those heads and that sword on, and get onto something different ;)

Keep up the fine work.

JJD, no need to be displeased about the white, at least it's crisper and more neat than mine (painted in a similar fashion, I think).

Now pop those heads and that sword on, and get onto something different ;)

Keep up the fine work.

Ive said before I don’t enjoy painting Ravenwing as much as Deathwing and greenling but I do enjoy playing them so I need to get them done. I still need Sammy and a talon master but after that I think I’ll be done for a while.

I already have 10 DA hell-blasters and pop goes the monkey heavy support shoulders ready to build.

Head finished.

med_gallery_74577_9223_217127.jpeg

Just the power sword effect and my tiny ETL vow is done.

I know it’s not a great photo but I am quite pleased with the huntmasters face.

Edit

Actually now I see it on the ipad rarther than my little phone screen it’s a pretty rubbish photo. Once I finish the sword I’ll try to take a better one.

Edited by JJD

I am doing the bases this morning and I was wondering which edge people preferred. The brown base edge on most of my army or the black base edge on Azrael and the lieutenant.

The brown edge ties the base together but the black edge frames the model. I can’t decide.

Not my best nmm I rushed a bit and I think the heat dried the paint a little but over all I’m pretty happy. Now to paint some green Edited by JJD

Superb bikers :D

Thanks Robbienw the more I look at them the happier I am. They look good with the original three members of the squad for 2 years ago. As happy as I am I can’t wait to paint some green again.

Alternating between Green and black keeps me interested and is part or the lure of the first.

I started building my Hellblasters today. I haven’t gotten far but my word those are some nasty mould lines for such a new kit. And right down the front too. Mould line scraping is never fun.

I started building my Hellblasters today. I haven’t gotten far but my word those are some nasty mould lines for such a new kit. And right down the front too. Mould line scraping is never fun.

Yes the mould line straight through the Plasma Coil is death. A real patience tester!

The Black Knights look great. Good black highlighting. Also love the purple/maroon - what colours do you use?

Yes the mould line straight through the Plasma Coil is death. A real patience tester!

The Black Knights look great. Good black highlighting. Also love the purple/maroon - what colours do you use?

Thanks maxB

The inside of the robes is very thin layers starting with a 1:1 mix of abadon black to screamer pink then 1:2 abandon to screamer pink then pure screamer pink then 2:1 screamer pink to pink horror and finally 1:1 screamer pink to pink horror. I don’t think I went as far a pure pink horror. It gives a nice deep magenta. I used thin layers of subtle hilights on the cloth to differentiate it from the sharp edge highlights on the armor.

I haven’t had chance to finish building the Hellblasters yet oh dear.

When I don’t find time to hobby I spend a lot of time hatching ideas for the future and I need some help with one such ideas. Can any one suggest a good bit/item to use as a silencer on a bolt gun. I was thinking the end of a scout sniper rifle but that would end up costing me a fortune as I will want 10.

• 3 weeks later...