New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Just looked through the whole log and I have to say at first I didn't like the color scheme at all but the deeper I got into the log you converted my view completely. You haave mastered the art of strategic highlights that bring each mini together. The bike Chaplin is stunning and consider the bone painted hands stolen! Keep it up good sir!

I just left menifee last year but I will return might have to get together for some games!

Just looked through the whole log and I have to say at first I didn't like the color scheme at all but the deeper I got into the log you converted my view completely. You haave mastered the art of strategic highlights that bring each mini together. The bike Chaplin is stunning and consider the bone painted hands stolen! Keep it up good sir!

I just left menifee last year but I will return might have to get together for some games!

Absolutely! GMI Games here in Riveride is a great store with multiple gaming tables and a bunch of terrain!

Dude, the doors on the second Rhino are the nuts. Have you actually got any paint on them yet?

Dragonlover

Thanks, man- it was really easy to do, actually.

I am pushing to get assault terminators painted for a challenge I am in, so I have fallen behind on the Rhinos, but I hope to have an update this weekend.

WIP update from this weekend- really hoped to get them 100% done to keep ahead of the painting challenge, but I started to rush them and I want to keep the quality high and not mess up the lightning affects on the Lightning Claws.

So, still needed to be done: edging the white, edging the purple, lightning on the LC hands, gems, belts, lenses ... And a dozen other little things.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps499bb376.jpg

Thanks, guys! Hope to get the first 2 Rhinos done this week-- definitely looking forward to building my first tank after that (Razorback) as I bought these already assembled and it does make it more challenging to paint smoothly.

Look for more updates soon-- comments / critiques welcome as always!

The termies look great. So, I don't know… Colorful. I like how your paint scheme looks very different on different models, from scouts to PA to terminators. They still look cohesive but they're a different mix of the palette. Clever. 

I have to say, and don't take this the wrong way, there's a cheerfulness about them. Like sunshine on a Spring afternoon. Of course, the purple rain clouds are on the way, and they're packing deadly lightning blasts that will turn you to cinders in a searing flash… 

I think it actually translates to a noble quality that's not knightly. In short, this army is just so unique and special. I'm glad you're building it and showing us all.