New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

The termies look great. So, I don't know… Colorful. I like how your paint scheme looks very different on different models, from scouts to PA to terminators. They still look cohesive but they're a different mix of the palette. Clever.

I have to say, and don't take this the wrong way, there's a cheerfulness about them. Like sunshine on a Spring afternoon. Of course, the purple rain clouds are on the way, and they're packing deadly lightning blasts that will turn you to cinders in a searing flash…

I think it actually translates to a noble quality that's not knightly. In short, this army is just so unique and special. I'm glad you're building it and showing us all.

Gosh, thanks Jeff- you are going to give me a big head!

It really makes me feel great that you think my guys have a certain nobility- that is one of the things I was going for. I know that the current trend is for "all things dark and dreary" and that chaos is a lot "cooler" than loyalists, but I have always been drawn to the "last defenders of the human race" aspect of SM armies. I think they *should* be inspiring- a great SM army in my opinion should make you want to pump your fist and go "yeah! Kick some booty, guys!".

I think your guys have a lot of the same stuff, btw!

Edited by geektom

I know that the current trend is for "all things dark and dreary" and that chaos is a lot "cooler" than loyalists, but I have always been drawn to the "last defenders of the human race" aspect of SM armies. I think they *should* be inspiring- a great SM army in my opinion should make you want to pump your fist and go "yeah! Kick some booty, guys!".

I definitely agree about the 'last defenders'. It's one of the reasons my boys are all silver and gold. Well, that and me being fond of the knightly motifs of the Astartes rather than their soldierly motifs (if I was more a fan of the latter, I would have jumped to the Horus Heresy a while ago).

Plus, I like shiny.

I ain't tellin'! Gonna keep it under wraps and do a reveal when it is complete.

The Feb project will be bikes, bikes and bikes, however! Hoping to get 2 x 5 man squads at least mostly done.

Just read through the entire log, I have to admit, of all the DIY chapters I have seen. This one is just so well done and executed in it's style, scheme, and detailing work together so well.

What an outstanding force you have shown so far, I'd love to see you go all the way on "combat damage" at least for some parts of the rank and file, vehicles however I'd recommend going all out on, nothing adds to tank realism as some well done combat damage and dings.

Just read through the entire log, I have to admit, of all the DIY chapters I have seen. This one is just so well done and executed in it's style, scheme, and detailing work together so well.

What an outstanding force you have shown so far, I'd love to see you go all the way on "combat damage" at least for some parts of the rank and file, vehicles however I'd recommend going all out on, nothing adds to tank realism as some well done combat damage and dings.

Thanks, Anvil! I am excited to see your Salamanders- if I was not so stubborn about doing DIY stuff all the time, Salamanders would have been my first choice from the established chapters... Well, tied for first with White Scars, anyway. Thanks for stopping by!

The way they paint, at least for me. I don't know what it is, I can crank out vehicles in a day or two, infantry models I can usually do about 3 a day, but bikes for some reason just sap the creative drive right out of me. I have never come closer to halting my army project than when I did those damn bikers lol

I am looking forward to painting these-- my scheme on a bike is pretty simple, and this time I know enough to paint the top half of the marine separate (the sample above is blue-tacked).

For those who forgot it a hundred posts or so ago, here is the test bike I did last year:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/bike4sm_zps2581d87d.jpg