New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Seems like you're still getting more hobby time than I. :)

Yeah, I'd say more red. And I agree the Libby should be mostly blue as well. On mine I just kept the shoulder pads and tabard/robe green.

The tradition for techptiests is to make at least one pauldron chapter colors. Also, and I don't know if this is supported in the fluff anywhere, a lot of people make gunners and pilots "lesser" techptiests with altered schemes.

That.

Is fantastic.

Liiiiitle bit of weathering and it would be perfect!

Re the colours, my specials tend to share the same armour as the regular brothers, with either tabards or helmets denoting their rank/colour. Helps in the reduction of a colour clash!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey friends- been away from the board for a couple of weeks, but I should have some significant updates posting soon- including (hopefully) the long awaited Army Shot. I have been pushing myself today to wrap up all my painting odds and ends that I wanted to have polished before posting new pics.

Is there a limit to how many pictures posted at a time is considered polite? I don't want to post a page of pics if it breaks forum protocol or being a good member...

Thanks! And keep an eye out ( or an eye-stalk for you Traitors...)

Edited by geektom

Hey friends- been away from the board for a couple of weeks, but I should have some significant updates posting soon- including (hopefully) the long awaited Army Shot. I have been pushing myself today to wrap up all my painting odds and ends that I wanted to have polished before posting new pics.

Is there a limit to how many pictures posted at a time is considered polite? I don't want to post a page of pics if it breaks forum protocol or being a good member...

This makes me happy. There's no limit on pics as far as I'm concerned. I love pic dumps, personally. Maybe I'm the wrong guy to ask because I regularly drop massive posts. Nobody's ever complained, but mayb pe they're just being nice. It's a good question, actually.

I generally use Warseer's picture allotment as a rule of thumb and try to keep posts at 10 pictures or fewer.  You can always double post with more after that point though! 

I can actually field a fully painted army now-- if I played my "as painted". it would look like this:

Total Roster Cost: 2093

HQ: Kor'sarro Khan (1#, 150 pts)
1 Kor'sarro Khan , 150 pts = (base cost 125) + Moondrakkan 25

HQ: Chaplain (1#, 110 pts)
1 Chaplain , 110 pts = (base cost 90) + Space Marine Bike 20

Troops: Tactical Squad (7#, 134 pts)
5 Tactical Squad , 85 pts = 5 * 14 (base cost 14) + Plasma gun 15
1 Sergeant , 14 pts
1 Rhino , 35 pts

Troops: Tactical Squad (7#, 144 pts)
5 Tactical Squad , 85 pts = 5 * 14 (base cost 14) + Missile Launcher 15
1 Veteran Sergeant , 24 pts = (base cost 14 + Upgrade to Veteran Sergeant 10)
1 Rhino , 35 pts

Troops: Scout Squad (10#, 134 pts)
9 Scout Squad , 122 pts = 9 * 11 (base cost 11) + Sniper Rifle x8 8 + Missile Launcher 15
1 Sergeant , 12 pts = (base cost 11 + Sniper Rifle 1)

Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (6#, 450 pts)
4 Terminator Assault Squad , 160 pts = 4 * 40
1 Terminator Sergeant , 40 pts
1 Land Raider Crusader , 250 pts

Elite: Terminator Squad (5#, 220 pts)
4 Terminator Squad , 180 pts = 4 * 40 (base cost 40) + Chainfist x2 10 + Heavy Flamer x1 10
1 Terminator Sergeant , 40 pts

Elite: Vanguard Veteran Squad (10#, 445 pts)
9 Vanguard Veteran Squad , 383 pts = 9 * 22 (base cost 19 + Jump Packs 3) + Storm Shield x5 50 +
Lightning Claw x2 30 + Lightning Claw x2 30 + Power Axe x1 15 + Thunder Hammer x2 60
1 Veteran Sergeant , 62 pts = (base cost 19 + Jump Pack 3) + Plasma Pistol 15 + Relic Blade 25

Fast Attack: Assault Squad (5#, 125 pts)
4 Assault Squad , 68 pts = 4 * 17
1 Sergeant , 57 pts = (base cost 17 + Power Fist x1 25 + Plasma Pistol 15)

Troops: Bike Squad (6#, 181 pts)
5 Bike Squad , 135 pts = 5 * 21 (base cost 21) + Grav-gun x2 30
1 Biker Sergeant , 46 pts = (base cost 21 + Power Lance 15 + Upgrade to Veteran Sergeant 10)

Not saying this is a great army list or anything-- just excited to realize I could potentially play 2000+ points of painted models!

Wow. That escalated quickly. ;)

Can't believe how far you've come, so fast. They've looked great from day one, and seeing more of that crazy scheme applied to different things has silenced the haters who said it might be too much. They're stunning, man. Keep it up!

Hey All, some of you probably remember that my first 2 vehicles for this army were Rhinos bought pre-assembled on ebay ($24 for both).

I can't complain about the price, but they were very poorly assembled; since they were my first ever tanks and thus I had no idea what I was doing, they were also very frustrating to fix.

After a ton of filing and scraping, I experimented with some custom doors, put the bare minimum paint on them for a tournament, and then set them on the shelf.

With a new focus on painting everything I already have assembled, I brought them down again and now have them (almost) finished (I just noticed I forgot to finish painting the treads. Whoops.)

Since they were rough to begin with, I also decided to do more weathering than usual, knowing they will be replaced eventually.

Markings on the sides denote they belong to the II Brotherhood (Company) and the front/back show they are with the II Strikers (Tactical Squad) and their Rhino number. Once I finish another Tactical Squad, I will reassign one of them if I have not replaced them both by then.

Learned a lot, good and bad, doing these guys.

C&C welcome, as always!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/imagejpg1_zps25d6d470.jpg

I honestly think they look fine. For one, Rhinos should be beat up a little more than usual. Why are the smoke launchers on the back, though? Seems odd. I'm guessing they were already like that? Anyway, even if you replace them with your own, keep these around for the odd game where you want to try out a rhino rush or something. 

Interesting how different the purple looks in the lighting- the first picture is more what it looks like in person.

Jeff, I can't remember if they came with the launchers on the back- I might have put them that way not knowing any better.

Edited by geektom

Nice hand lettering, by the way. And we'll just assume THEY put them on that way. Take it easy on your ego.

The Stormbrothers strike so quickly, they are probably there just in case we outrun our coverage...