Horus Heresy Emperor's Children: The Sang Froid

Captain Semper

Men in skirts? Purple? By the time you guys get to Terra it'll be fishnet stockings everywhere. Even the Wolves won't touch you. :)

Excellent work Captain!

This is a great project, you have a beautiful army coming together. I am actually a big fan of the platinum chest plate. I've never seen that before but it looks good, really contrasts nicely with the regal purple of the legion. I think maybe picking out the raised parts on the chest piece and groin armor in gold might help it blend even more into line troops.

Keeps up the awesome work.

Thank you very much for the comments guys! :)

@ Knight of the Raven: I know what you mean... It was a bet for me to try to use platinym of a large-ish surface to denote veterancy... I'm not that concerned with the color per se but the contrast with the Aquila is not as sharp as I would have hoped. The mascara is actually a plend of blue and green washes to show the "lost" status of the sergeant. It's marginally better in real life but maybey I should have stayed the greens. Well, it's a learning curve... :D

@ Battle8rother: Well this is an experiment for me. I want to get involved in the Heresy before the DAs arrive. When they do I'll be sure to kick off a grandiose project of 3,000pts+. But I want to have at least 3k of Traitors in place before that. So I kicked off with 1,500 of EC and plan to add another 1,500 from another Legion or Dark Mechanicum? We'll see...

@ ppotts: Thanks for your comment. I want to avoid the bases looking too bright that's why I washed them extensivelt to take the shine away... Maybe I did too much. I may try to drybrush some dull metal to covey the metal feel. I certainly don't want them to look like earth...

@ Grotsmasha: No... it was beyond salvatoin I'm afraid. Got new ones thankfully my local hobby shop sticks paints (they hardly stock any minis nowadays). So I got them in fast without waiting for the mail to arrive. Dissapointed but now that I have settled for a certain scheme I don't want to change recipe...

@ Jasp: Well thank you mate! Coming from you means a lot!

@ The Lord Marshal: Thanks man!!! :thanks:

@ Honda: You are just jealous. Admit it, you really want to have a pink knee pad here and there... You know, as a sign of veteracy within the Crusade. ;)

@ Athrawes & Heathens: Thanks guys - I was in two minds about the platinum chest plate - I'm glad you like it! :) I'm not so sure about adding gold - it may look too baroque for EC standards... :unsure:

Now I need to complete the jump packs and move to the second squad. I don't want to go for paltimum again for the sergeant by I want to imply artificer armour. I could do gold or white (heraldic equivalent of silver/platinum) or leave it purple and add etched brass on it - like the numeral "III" for example of the EC winged claw. Or the aquila that's noticebly absent from my boys...

I've only just notice the platinum on the Sgt. Looked white when I saw it. Really should turn the brightness up on my phone when looking at pics. Nice job and very much in character too.

So when's the 40k version happening. I want to see you do some warped stuff with your clean painting style.

• 3 weeks later...

So this is where you've been hiding Cap. I was worried you'd got lost in the tunnels below the Rock!

Visually, the Emperor's Children are one of my favourite legions and you're producing some beautiful models here. On the subject of more gold, is anything too baroque for the 3rd Legion?

Hahaha!!! Not hiding... Just building up the opposition to the HH DA force I'm gonna do once FW starts to cover it! biggrin.png

And speaking of ECs here's the sergeant of the second assault squad:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0665_zps169328e5.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0667_zps5a85420c.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0666_zpsd8f3e40c.jpg

Men in skirts? Purple? By the time you guys get to Terra it'll be fishnet stockings everywhere. Even the Wolves won't touch you. smile.png

Excellent work Captain!

"Perfect ecstasy, boundless cacophony, excessive agony. I must have more!"

— Anonymous Emperor's Children Chaos Space Marine

SlaveToDarkness, that picture will give me nightmares. Not as many as ponies in lingerie, but still.

Really? Think you need to sit down and witness the sweet transvestite from Transylvania strut his stuff.

Thank you guys... Right now I'm struggling to find time to get more productive... :rolleyes:

@ SlaveToDarkness: Oh c'mon - these are not so debased (yet) are they? They are pre-Isstvan III (although just before)... Fishnet stockings are still some time in the future for them. And let's keep it as familiy friendly as possible - this is still the B&C! ;)

@ forte: What fear of color? :unsure? Are you tempting me to use blues?

The white is Ulthuan Grey. The best base EVER for white - because you can actually highlight it! (with white :D)

• 4 weeks later...

Insane amount of progress since I have last visited! I like the incorporation of white in the colour palette, keep of the good work, and lets see some phoenix guard ! ;) 

• 2 months later...

Alright some update: the first 5 of the second assault squad (unfortunately there is no progress with my photo skills):

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0697_zpsf8c1c69e.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0695_zpsa5fa6c0e.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0694_zpscf0af928.jpg

It still suprising that you dont use an airbrush for your marines as that colour has gone on soooo smooth..love the colour choice, reminds me of the colour used in the old IA article..great stuff..

(Make a vow for the heresy forum haha)

Archived