I've been lurking for the longest time, but it's time to break my silence: This is indeed just as awesome and inspirational as everyone says! But while I already loved the stories so far, the latest update is truly something else: I love how you're exploring a part of the background that hasn't really been described in all that much detail. And both the idea of delving into the feelings the "engineered" transhumans have for the Emperor as well as the history of the Firstborn are pure gold! You make this sound like something everyone and their cousin will be wild to explore after all the marrow has been sucked from the bones of the HH era -- fantastic work!

Oh, and one more thing, since this point was already addressed earlier in this thread: At first, I too was a little at odds with the more militaristic (and down to earth) betrayal of the Astartes during battles, but it's really a stroke of genius, once you think about it: These are the Astartes, not only at the height of their power, but also before all of that quasi-religious mumbojumbo sets in. In a way, they are far closer to what the present-day military feels like, because that's what they were, before all the technological decay and superstition set in...

Anyway, you guys rock! Seriously!

You work with the back stories...

from the end of the siege to the training of the first gens of astartes...amazing work...

but that Night Lord...

I like what is going on there...haha

I'm on a cane for the rest of my life from a piss-poor landing. Still Airborne to the death. If I could convince my commnad to heavy-drop me in a wheelchair, I would, just to get a chance to pull silk again.

Still, just for you....

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/photos/spcis0nx500a.jpg

for some reason i get this weird vision of chuck norris in a wheelchair, para-dropping into the middle of the enemies with tracks on the wheelchair, armed with miniguns and missile launchers, with one hand firmly pressing the trigger, and the other holding even tighter a bottle of alcohol so strong it would make a pack of Kodiak-bears knockout...

for some reason i get this weird vision of chuck norris in a wheelchair, para-dropping into the middle of the enemies with tracks on the wheelchair, armed with miniguns and missile launchers, with one hand firmly pressing the trigger, and the other holding even tighter a bottle of alcohol so strong it would make a pack of Kodiak-bears knockout...

...and yelling, "DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!"

You want my secret for modeling and story writing? Are you ready...?

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/mississippi-mud.gif

There it is. Drink two, and call me in the morning.

@1000heathens - Whats the ABV on that beer?

If its any good and it does look promisingly like a Bitter or a Stout I could definately use a bottle or three down here on tour in the Falkland Islands.

You want my secret for modeling and story writing? Are you ready...?

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/mississippi-mud.gif

There it is. Drink two, and call me in the morning.

@1000heathens - Whats the ABV on that beer?

If its any good and it does look promisingly like a Bitter or a Stout I could definately use a bottle or three down here on tour in the Falkland Islands.

Shh shh, just drink it. Deeply and quickly.

well according to my terrible search-fu it is 5% alcomohols and as such 10 Proof - compared to Guinness being 4.2% and just over 8 proof... sounds good :D seems yanks do know how to make some good beer ;) :P

Now looky here meester airborne, where be our pretty stories? I can't sleep right without some uncouth hero slaying gribblies in the name of his own fanatical desire to be the world's most politically incorrect traitor... :D

Minis are coming. Maybe even this weekend. The next story might be a little longer, so suffer.  :P

America's best beers come from smaller brewers, by the way.

And are ice cold. stop drinking warm brews, you weirdos.

Minis are coming. Maybe even this weekend. The next story might be a little longer, so suffer.  :P

I was tempted to do a beer pairing with my painting thread, but then my models might soon look like they belong in the emperors children chaos scheme

Minis are coming. Maybe even this weekend. The next story might be a little longer, so suffer. :P

Welcome to Australia land of the 40+•c where beer can be drunk cold but it's hot 2 seconds after it's cracked open

I'm on a cane for the rest of my life from a piss-poor landing. Still Airborne to the death. If I could convince my commnad to heavy-drop me in a wheelchair, I would, just to get a chance to pull silk again.

I think the only reason why they won't let you is because of the Risk Management aspect of the jump.  After all, that chair might land on someone bad.  ;)

I certainly hope to see you making progress on your Fists this weekend.  That would be truly inspirational!

Archived