Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

@Forte - It wasn't just the Apache. Many of the Northern tribes took scalps, from some Mohawk and Ojibwa in Canada through the Sioux and Arapahoe on the plains. They picked up the habit from the French who paid for the scalps of "Indians" during the early days of exploration. We even have several tribes that ate "long pork" and that can only be blamed on us :)

I knew someone would have better knowledge on that. Good stuff too. And creates extra ideas for the sort of things that coils be added into marines back stories.

@Nephilim. Many thanks.

Can safely say that things have been a little distracted lately and I've done 0 progress on the Raptors or the Noise Marine which is more than a little annoying.

What I can say though is thanks to a few people I'll be doing an Imperial Kill Team or Killzone squad. I won't start it till the current bits are done and I'm not going to say which chapter (ahhh to those who already know) but I've been figuring out in my head which parts to use and how to turn Mk7 into Mk5 and apart from the packs I think I have it.

Needless to say, they won't be a brightly coloured chapter and will involve weathering, blood spatter and totally different basing.

Now, if I can keep going and keep my eyes open I'll aim to get some painting on the Raptors done tonight

I couldn't begin to guess which Chapter, so I've got to ask : Official or DIY?

Official ;)

And thank you too Honda. I'll get this thread moving properly again very soon. Tonight has been a write off though.

i know! gonna waste some cash to buy some bits i know he needs just to tease him with.

I may have a few coming from another source

I know right? They totally remind me of M&M's.

Anywho, still think the teal looks great. That claw, however, awesome! I think it's the neat contrast of something painted really organically clashing with other super in-organic colors.

Many thanks. The claw is the first time I've really tried glazing and I'm really happy with it too. Think I'll be playing with glazes on my Daemonettes when I do them. No way I'd be trying to do all twelve in one go though. Small batches at a time.

As for other Slaanesh related stuff. I thought I'd put up a few bits of art I've been looking at for ideas. This sort of thing will mainly be for Noise Marines to make them stand out against the crowd.

http://www.osnatfineart.com/paintings/11-06/11-06-bold-colorful-red-blue-and-yellow-abstract.jpg

http://www.thedripartist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Modern-Art-Painting-Crankenstein4.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17300000/by-dominic-joyce-modern-art-17326024-1810-2560.jpg

This one I actually really like. Gas a graffiti feel to it.

http://www.osnatfineart.com/paintings/09-04/09-04-black-red-white-abstract-painting.jpg

http://www.swarez.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bright-pink-modern-art.jpg

So I think it'll have to be one at a time and in a lot of separate pieces. May even try adding some texture using liquid green stuff.

Let me know what you think.

Wow you have your work cut out for you, I'll stop moaning about painting glass on claws now xD!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, a mini update after getting the motivation up to do a bit of painting last night. Still have the trim (the bane of my painting) on two left to do but I thought I'd start on the flayed skin to see how it looks.

med_gallery_29004_2673_112475.jpg med_gallery_29004_2673_40971.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_40870.jpg med_gallery_29004_2673_18186.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_45329.jpg med_gallery_29004_2673_68155.jpg

Now I know I'll be doing black weapon cases (or almost black with a hint of colour), metal parts, and there's a few bone areas. But I'm still undecided on the colour to use on the jump pack straps. Bone has been mentioned but I'm open to ideas.

Hopefully this is the end of my painting block and I can keep it going.

Thank you for stopping by and if things go to plan I should have more to post soon :thanks: :tu:

Edited by forte

I'm liking these raptors, I like your take on the colour scheme, suits them fantastically

Many thanks. Fingers crossed I'll finally get these finished.

These are great, love the pastel colours!!With regards to the flayed skin, I think a reddy/pink wash is needed perhaps

Cheers. The flayed flesh is nowhere near done. Only had a base and first shade so far. Few more shadows to go. The bare head is done though I may add a bit of a colour glaze to the horns.

Thank you all for your comments. Making me wish my kids were asleep so I could get the paints back out.

The flayed flesh is looking good to start!

What I didn't realize before is how pretty the talons on the boots are. Seriously, how do you get them to look so mirror silver? *Gorgeous*

I started from a smooth base of boltgun metal with some chaos black and just gradually highlighted up to mithril silver on the lightest parts. There's about six layers in total. I'm going to redo all the steel parts on these in this way. So all the weapons will look a lot more polished than I usually go for.

I hold the model at an angle to my lamp so I'm almost looking down onto where the light is hitting each area. That's where I put my highlights.

Edited by forte