What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

ok, that's true. DC in particular were awesome back then.

ooooh yes, with re-rolls and old rending those were glorious. Not to mention 4th ed consolidation!

Surely I can't be the only one who would gladly trade overpriced power weapon upgrades for a straight up rending DC again? biggrin.png

ooooh yes, with re-rolls and old rending those were glorious. Not to mention 4th ed consolidation!

Surely I can't be the only one who would gladly trade overpriced power weapon upgrades for a straight up rending DC again? biggrin.png

I feel the current DC is simply the best ever.. There's just something about Death Company and Boltguns that go well together..

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8363/gallery_60983_8363_82335.jpg

We survived the PDF.  BA for life.

Its been like that since before the dark PDF days, and I'll ensure it stays that way. 

I don't think the PDF 'dex was that bad... much better than the anemic 3rd ed codex with all those 'see codex space marines' entries. 

We had the DC, we had our SCs and our lists didn't look exactly like other PA armies.

K&F - it wasnt!!  But it was perceived to be terrible! And got a LOT of heat.   

I'll be super pissed when they release the new dex and say it has "New Unique Psyker Powers!"

It'll be like, well why did you FAQ out the old one?

Here's to hoping that our codex has super cheese everywhere and we can ROFLstomp Eldar and Tau in close combat without getting tabled during the first 2 shooting phases!!!

I loved the rending, particularly because the flavour text described it as being due to tearing their opponents limb from limb. Probably the most literal interpretation of rending in the game.

Ok guys, the Warhammer fest this year has a limited edition Blood Angels T as the event exclusive merchandise. I'm taking this as a sign that BA are due to drop, screaming on wings of fire, around that time.

http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/events-hall/warhammer-fest/

I'll be super pissed when they release the new dex and say it has "New Unique Psyker Powers!"

Here's to hoping that our codex has super cheese everywhere and we can ROFLstomp Eldar and Tau in close combat without getting tabled during the first 2 shooting phases!!!

I personally would want it balanced with advantages to our perceived 'strengths', although this made me laugh.

Ooooh what if we get a slight bonus to charge range? 1"-2"?

#pointlesswishlisting

I personally would want it balanced with advantages to our perceived 'strengths', although this made me laugh.

Ooooh what if we get a slight bonus to charge range? 1"-2"?

#pointlesswishlisting

I'd really love the old massacre rules back. Kill a unit, crash into another.

@Xenith

My god would I love to have back old rending on the DC. I really hope they don't get nerfed because it's one of the great and iconic melee units still viable.

Unfortunately, I think rending in this edition wouldn't be too great. In 4th ed, the DC autowounded on a 6 to hit. It made them lethal, along with other units like harlequins. They took a massive hit in 5th, when rending changed.

I'd hands down take todays rending over power weapons. GW is all about radomes nowadays. I just hope they don't bring back old school Lucifer engines. Nothing was more annoying than having Rhinos stall out.

What I hope 2014 will bring - a new BA heavy assault unit.

Assault Marines, Death Company, Sanguinary Guard and Vanguard Vets more or less fulfill the same role. I'd like something outside of Mephiston that can stand toe to toe with the best elite assault units in the game. Something that can punch out Wraithknights and Imperial Knights, and can deal with multiple packs of Thunderwolves.

Mebbe the mutterings of jump Terminators may fulfill that role

DC with a chaplain/reclusiarch will wipe most units on the charge. As long as they get the charge of course... I'm secretly hoping for counter attack and rampage as well. Would make them very well rounded. 

Counter-attack and Rampage would be sweet. I'm worried they are going to drop to WS4 and 1 Attack.

DC with a chaplain/reclusiarch will wipe most units on the charge. As long as they get the charge of course... I'm secretly hoping for counter attack and rampage as well. Would make them very well rounded. 

That's the thing though. Against today's elite assault units, your not likely to be getting the charge. Unless you fork out for jump packs, and we know how that turns out

That's the thing though. Against today's elite assault units, your not likely to be getting the charge. Unless you fork out for jump packs, and we know how that turns out

Yea, awesome.

i'd love to see a death company upgrade for any unit. pay x points to upgrade this terminator/SG/HG/VV squad to DC. retain all rules and wargear but gain fearless, +1 WS, rage etc etc

Wait for the supplement...

The way I see it you either run DC as a disruptive or offensive unit.

Disruptive you go 10 man in a pod with a mix of bolters and pistols, max 2 axes or a single fist for upgrades. They go some place where they will distract the opponent and force him to make less than ideal calls.

If you go offensive we're talking 11-8 DC marines accompanied by a chaplain or reclusiarch. 2 fists or two axes plus fist. Naturally you also take  an assault vehicle which should give you the charge more often than not. 

+1 I on the charge is enough change for DC IMO.

I don't see what jump pack termies get you over SG (other than the invul save). What's the draw?

I'm with you here- AND I want jump packs for same price as Wolf Guard get them: 3!!!

And termis can't sweeping advance!

Oh haven't checked that in 7th... Can they?

Archived