What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

-Another character for the Blood Angels?

-A supplement based on this new character?

Anybody else think that these just sound wrong?  Also, do you think we'll finally get a 10-man Assault Squad kit?

Only flyer in the BA arsenal is the stormraven. Most other armies out there have 2 flyers, so that's one possible new model for BAs. I'd rather they put the stormtalon in the codex, with BA-only sponson configuration (melta, some torrent flamer...). But there could be an altogether new flyer as well (or no additional flyer at all).

If only Natfka was even remotely accurate... given it was so long ago that info could have been in relation to the Stormwolf. It's possible we'd get access to some variant of that (with blood replacing any wolfy words), but I think it more likely we get the Storm Talon.

-Another character for the Blood Angels?

-A supplement based on this new character?

Anybody else think that these just sound wrong?  Also, do you think we'll finally get a 10-man Assault Squad kit?

I doubt the supplement would be based on the character, merely it would feature him and whatever company he's in charge of. If captain sculpt and supplement are true I'd wager it's a generic model whose gear matches up with whatever Captain is mentioned in the supplement rather than a new SC. Then again, Astorath and the Sanguinor present  a compelling case that GW  certainly used to be happy to spring random characters on us.

10 man assault squad would make sense, which is probably why it won't happen.

At the moment the rumour source worth listening to is Lords of Wargaming, they're 6 from 6 on the DakkaDakka rumour tracker whereas the likes of Natfka.and faeit.. well let's just say they can but dream of such accuracy.

From BoLS:

Mephiston

-Mephiston is getting a new plastic.

Huge, standing almost as tall as a terminator. Sword low across front in right arm. Left extented over the top with hand spread...individual fingers. Looks like he's lunging forward sweeping the blade in an uppercut. Cape blown about behind him. Model has skull and blood drop iconography  all over. Aegis extends up like the cowl of the old figure but is much more recognisable as a psychic hood. Face is incredibly detailed. Fangs are visible. 

Captain Tycho
-Tycho plastic is death company version.
-Has a chainsword and signature combimelta.
-DC iconography, retains nipple armor.

Corbulo
-Corbulo plastic is in sanguinary armor.
-Has chalice held aloft with both arms as in offering. 

Terminators Set
-New Blood Angel Terminator box set.
-Makes terminators, BA captain in TA, BA Librarian in TA, or new BA terminator armored heavy unit.
-Storm Bolters are in hand not arm-mounted like gk. 
-Includes power axes, fists, sbs, force sword, power sword, new 2 handed heavy cannon, heavy flamer, Assault cannon, librarian torso/tabard/shoulders/weapon, banner, captain options (combi weapons) tons of bits.

Reliability is: medium-low, coming from a mix of known and unknown sources

Bring your salt. Can't see much if any of that being true to be honest. Will be ecstatic if proven wrong.

I'm beginning to feel the same way I felt when the (fake) rumours of our 5th Ed Codex started to surface, but this time regarding the models for this release. This latest one from BoLS does indeed scream too good to be true, and within a few hours of the announcement Faeit had a second article stating BAs would get next to no models.

Looks we'll have multiple sources with which to cry BS, and we won't know anything until 2 days before release day.

The Termie box indicates a 3rd Termie option for us, so my first question would be, "what gets dropped from the current book" as another unit really starts to crowd the Elites slots? Want to believe... but finding it difficult at the moment.

A terminator kit including parts for generic HQs would be too much like a good idea for it to actually happen. I'm going to call BS on pretty much everything until we get some 'leaks' later in the month/early November because most of it does just read like wish-listing even if the odd thing is feasible.

Might as well pop this in here, too:

From the DakkaDakka rumour tracking thread

Larry Vela aka Big Red (BoLS) - Total rumors: (131 TRUE) / (276 FALSE) / (18 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

Natfka on Faeit 212 - Total rumors: (418 TRUE) / (663 FALSE) / (57 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

Lords of Wargaming - Total rumors: (6 TRUE) / (0 FALSE) / (0 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

The only thing that LoW have said on the issue is that the release will be in November.

RWAAAAR!!

Wow, some hectic moving along of the fluff!! ohmy.png

Its going to be awesome to play the BA as the noble warriors they are in spite of their flaws, in spite of the cynicism and concern from the Imperium!!!

Getting excited!

I also hope the new Flesh Tearers fluff of "under investigation" to be true

:cuss: the police, we'll be dead soon anyway :P

via Steve the Warboss on Faeit 212

I got some Informations:

-New Character, a Captain (maybe 1.Company)

-Mephiston in plastic

-New Terminator Box with all weapon options

-New Assault Marine Box

-New generic Dreadnought

-Honour Guard Box (maybe only an repack)

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker

-BA Painting Guide

-Suppliment featuring the new captain

-The Flesh Tearers are now watched by the Inquisition

-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)

-The attitude of Imperial authorities over the BA worsen

Likely made up unless BA are due in the next 1-2 weeks. Rumours only tend to get accurate once people have seen the White Dwarfs.

There's probably some good guesses in there though

Edit - I hope we get a BA specific Terminator box with this release. All the other stand alone codexes (DA,SW,GK) have one, and it would be a shame to keep all those gorgeous Space Hulk sculpts as limited editions.

This would also make me subsequently laugh at people who bought Space Hulk just for the models haha jk

via Steve the Warboss on Faeit 212

I got some Informations:

-New Character, a Captain (maybe 1.Company)

-Mephiston in plastic

-New Terminator Box with all weapon options

-New Assault Marine Box

-New generic Dreadnought

-Honour Guard Box (maybe only an repack)

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker

-BA Painting Guide

-Suppliment featuring the new captain

-The Flesh Tearers are now watched by the Inquisition

-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)

-The attitude of Imperial authorities over the BA worsen

Likely made up unless BA are due in the next 1-2 weeks. Rumours only tend to get accurate once people have seen the White Dwarfs.

There's probably some good guesses in there though

Edit - I hope we get a BA specific Terminator box with this release. All the other stand alone codexes (DA,SW,GK) have one, and it would be a shame to keep all those gorgeous Space Hulk sculpts as limited editions.

This would also make me subsequently laugh at people who bought Space Hulk just for the models haha jk

I bought Space Hulk mostly for the Terminators, and for the occasional game if I can sweet talk the other half msn-wink.gif

Space Hulk was the first GW product I've bought in a while - I've not liked the direction GW have gone with 40k. However, If they released a BA specific Terminator box I'd be waiting outside my local GW on release day. Fudge knows why but I'm sucker for Terminators, especially ones painted red

I am not excited by the rumors themselves but by the fact that they are occurring. The more wild rumors that exist, the more likely that something is happening real soon.

Notice that for the past 6 months, rumors flood in almost exactly 1 month before models are on pre-order and a couple of weeks before someone leaks a White Dwarf reference.

I'm hoping the big kit is that assault ramp skimmer that was rumored on Naftka's blog a few months back. That would be sweet and would fill the slot for big expensive kit.

You mean just like the Space wolf one that was released not too long ago...

Evolution of the Codex covers. I don't know what determines if a codex cover gets the black border. 

7th Edition Codices

6th Edition Codices

The Codexes without the black border have the "atmosphere" color the same as the subject's armor or fatigues. If the same pattern held for Blood Angels, the yellow atmosphere would be red/ Alternatively, the dread would have more yellow. The assault marines and death company are much more discernible than other recent codex covers, where an individual is front and center while other figures are indistinct.

I'm skeptical of the posted illustration being used for a codex cover.

Archived