What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

By the looks of 7th Edition Codicies, the running theme appears to be a big Central figure taking up most if not all of the cover.

I Hope for us it is a DC, or some really nice Lemartes art. Although I doubt that as it will most likely have to be Red power Armour, so most likely an Assault Marine or the like.

I'm hoping the big kit is that assault ramp skimmer that was rumored on Naftka's blog a few months back. That would be sweet and would fill the slot for big expensive kit.

You mean just like the Space wolf one that was released not too long ago...

Technically that was a flyer. If memory serves the rumor was for a skimmer/tank. Believe me, I know the odds of this happening are less than prices going down, but I can dream!

Thanks for the Harrower happy.png (hopes were up for a second, but thanks for letting us know!)

No problem. I don't want to go through the same debacle we did last time with the fake Codex. I'll post an update on my blog to let people know.

I'm hoping the big kit is that assault ramp skimmer that was rumored on Naftka's blog a few months back. That would be sweet and would fill the slot for big expensive kit.

You mean just like the Space wolf one that was released not too long ago...

Technically that was a flyer. If memory serves the rumor was for a skimmer/tank. Believe me, I know the odds of this happening are less than prices going down, but I can dream!

Rumour is rumour, when someone is typing stuff down to post online, or has glimpsed snatches of a model, the difference between a flyer and skimmer is minimal. The term 'skimmer' has been around a lot longer than 'flyer'. I personally cant see us getting another one. SW didn't get the Raven, we may get the Talon to make up for losing the Raven to Space marines.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet in the thread, so, the codex will be named, "Adeptus Astartes: Blood Angels," instead of just "Blood Angels" this time.  They're the first SM dex to get the mandatory rebranding, a la Astra Militarium for the Imperial Guard.

V

Rumour is rumour, when someone is typing stuff down to post online, or has glimpsed snatches of a model, the difference between a flyer and skimmer is minimal. The term 'skimmer' has been around a lot longer than 'flyer'. I personally cant see us getting another one. SW didn't get the Raven, we may get the Talon to make up for losing the Raven to Space marines.

I can see where you are coming from and agree that the differences between skimmer and flyer are minimal; however, I don't think you'd describe a Stormclaw as a tank.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet in the thread, so, the codex will be named, "Adeptus Astartes: Blood Angels," instead of just "Blood Angels" this time.  They're the first SM dex to get the mandatory rebranding, a la Astra Militarium for the Imperial Guard.

V

Really? That's odd. Wonder why they didn't do that with Space Wolves. Any more tasty morsels?

I asked the same question, but didn't get a good answer.  Once Astra Militarium was released in the spring, I figured we'd all be getting our High Gothic names for all future releases.  Nothing else known yet.

Conflicting rumours:

BA are indeed pegged for a mid-november release but there will be little or even no model releases at all.

If there is anything released expect either plastic reclusiarch or sang priest. But no new squad kits or vehicles.

Source

Conflicting rumours:

BA are indeed pegged for a mid-november release but there will be little or even no model releases at all.

If there is anything released expect either plastic reclusiarch or sang priest. But no new squad kits or vehicles.

Source

MUCH more inclined to believe this.

I could care less about WHAT is released. I want to know for sure WHEN the codex will be released. With that being said, I have already let my wife know that if a BA/ ??? box is released that I will be buying it. Anything that isn't a limited edition can wait until after I've moved and settled in.

Pre Christmas though, wouldn't they want to have a rake of new models released?

Who needs new models when they can just push the Storm Raven and Baal Predators up by five quids instead?

Yeah I was pretty glad to get my Stormraven at $50 before they jacked the price up.....

...cuz you know, reasons.

A question came up today which made me shiver with dread. What if they randomize red thirst. Like what if they give it a table of its own. A d3 or a d6 table. And bad things might happen if you roll 1 or 2. I hate randomized stuff so I would prefer it if they leave the rule as it is. 

A question came up today which made me shiver with dread. What if they randomize red thirst. Like what if they give it a table of its own. A d3 or a d6 table. And bad things might happen if you roll 1 or 2. I hate randomized stuff so I would prefer it if they leave the rule as it is.

Unless we saw drastic power increases or points reductions to accommodate what could be (in worst case scenario) the equivalent of rolling spawn-hood on the Chaos boon table, I think as loyalists we see a somewhat high level of stability in our units.

Just look at the Chapter Tactics of the vanilla codex, all are incredible and don't seem to have affected the base cost of the units within'.

To sound jealous (like many of my black raged brothers msn-wink.gif ) The Raven Guard's jump pack affecting tactic would be perfect for BA in conjunction with perhaps a slightly buffed red thirst, instead of the scout/ stealth rule. The current scattering only D6 is nice but not game breaking when you have drop-pods widely available.

I think D3 would be best with:

• 1-2 conferring no bonus, or perhaps something small as a consolation (not sure on what though)
  • 3-4 giving a nice buff like Furious Charge or Relentless depending on an Assault or Shooting role respectively.
  • 5-6 offering full on thirst mode conferring the Rage rule.

Probably not very balanced, but it's just a quick idea!

or... they could make the red thirst work like dark eldars pain rule now works?

blood angels start out with essentially no chapter tactic, but each turn gain benefits to those that are still alive, would acutally make sense if the blood angels/dark eldar rumoured boxed set turns out to be true too!

or... they could make the red thirst work like dark eldars pain rule now works?

blood angels start out with essentially no chapter tactic, but each turn gain benefits to those that are still alive, would acutally make sense if the blood angels/dark eldar rumoured boxed set turns out to be true too!

As long as there isn't a downside. I don't want my devastators to abandon their positions again. I had enough of that in the 3rd/4th edition.

Archived