What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I think there will defo be a supplement, probably a Flesh Tearer one, and I will probably be running my Flesh Eaters out of it if it is suitably uber-aggressive. So, could be a pricey couple of months for me (I will also be getting the new FW Chaos book for my even eviller side....)

Astro and Dante DC and SG will be respective formations, me thinks.

Why would DC be a supplement? They are such integral part of the Blood Angels.

I could see there being a supplement/dataslate for a special DC formation for an all-DC army, or at least one that allows more than one DC. Maybe they would include this in the main rule book, I'm not sure ... I honestly haven't been following the releases for armies I don't use (and I only play Astra Militarum and Inquisition).

I've noticed a lot of people have there hearts set on a Flesh Tearer supplement! I hope you get it, but I have my doubts that any successor will get an early supplement!

I think it's more likely we will see a supplement more around a core BA force maybe surrounding the first company veterans and how they often deploy in a mix of TDA and veteran jump pack squads.

Or maybe around one of the reserve assault company's that use nothing but jump pack units. If assault squads get moved out of troop choice, a supplement may be the only way for us to play our old assault squad forces

Pure speculation of course

I'm guessing that C:BA benefits greatly from points reduction.  Not only are many units hideously overcosted, but even in C: DE, a lot of units had decent points reductions, and many weren't even "expensive" to begin with; even upgrades often dropped in cost.

A jump infantry sort of formation backed up by some sort of Baal spear tip or attack bike vanguard seems reasonable.  Gaining 'pods as fast attack, a la C:SW, would be groovy.

My biggest concerns are: A) loss of deep striking Land Raiders; B) some terrible nerf happening to Mephiston, not simply being moved to LoW, but bad rules or forbidding him from rolling on Biomancy, etc.; C) losing low cost, widespread melta.

I would like to see a new Mephiston model, since I find the current one beyond blah, but I don't see anything else "needed" or even probable in the model department.

A Flesh Tears and/or Death Company supplement would be cool.

Fingers crossed that this is largely just a points reduction and minor tweaking release, because I think C:BA is actually pretty good as is, just too expensive.

What should change:

- slight tweaking of meph. Make him operate less like a monstrous creature and more like a combat librarian. Weaker stats but give him wings back and make him cheaper and an IC.

- points reduction across the board to compensate for power creep related points deflation of marines.

- change the red thirst to actually be good. There have been many good suggestions so I won't repeat them.

- something to make assault viable for BA in 7th. A formation that gives our assault squads fleet or something that actually lets us close reliably on our opponents without needing to spam vehicles.

What will happen due to 'shareholder interests':

Big sanguinary guard buff. People that want to ally them in will have to buy an expensive new codex to do so.

Furioso Dread buff, especially to Libby. Same premise as above.

Any new vehicle released for BA will get rolled into 7th ed C:SM as well. Maybe a rhino with AV 12 front an assault ramp for approx 100 points per model. They can call it the Hippogryph assault vehicle.

Any ideas on what/if a new large expensive model ($90 - $120) would be?

I'd like to see a rockin' Dante deep striking a Terminus Ultra. Or a 'true scale' Contemptor librarian dreadnaught. The silliness is exceeded only by the Santa Grimnar model.

I reckon we're getting an update more in line with Grey Knights than Dark Eldar in terms of models.

BA specific kits will likely be character re-sculpts if anything at all. The latest rumours mention the assault squad and other plastic kits getting a redo a la the last wave of plastic space marine infantry, which would make sense, but those will very much be vanilla kits.

Unfortunately, an assault rhino is about as likely as plastic Sisters.

I doubt it will be Grey Knight-style, since that is already reserved for Necrons.

And I really don't think they will go so many months without 40k models, they need to drain our wallets somehow.

But I'm not sure what kind of kit we can get.. Perhaps a huge Landspeeder or a giant CC-Walker?

Maybe a non-transport attack flyer a la the DA's Nephilim?  Gives a flyer that's in the $80 USD range that's unique to BA.  (Frankly, I hope BA don't get new anything, lest the Logan-sled cheese happen.)

I'd be happy if they gave BA access to the Land Speeder Storm as well.

I doubt it will be Grey Knight-style, since that is already reserved for Necrons.

And I really don't think they will go so many months without 40k models, they need to drain our wallets somehow.

But I'm not sure what kind of kit we can get.. Perhaps a huge Landspeeder or a giant CC-Walker?

Well that's just it, they won't be scrimping on 40k models (if the last rumours are to be believed) those models just won't be BA specific, they'll be vanilla marines. Wallets will be emptied, but by a wider audience than just the BA playerbase. Win - win for GW.

I also don't think that Necrons getting a minimal update precludes us from being treated similarly, especially as there's a limit to what they can do with us. Like you postulate, what can they actually give us by way of models? It would be nice to get all the finecast characters out of that godawful material, but that just ain't going to happen, look at how many kits and characters remain like that even from updated codices.

they could give us the vanilla stuff we don't currently have, but again that's not a new release.  So I predict maybe one character resculpt and a clampack Sanguinary Priest at the absolute most in addition to the codex.

Well, Necrons are already rumoured to be a one-week release around Halloween.

I think most armies have the "I have no idea what to add"-issue, but they will always find something.

A new Honour Guard set could really work for Blood Angels and would also be bought by many SM-players.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a special Flyer or some Fast Skimmers.

via Steve the Warboss on Faeit 212

I got some Informations:

-New Character, a Captain (maybe 1.Company)

-Mephiston in plastic

-New Terminator Box with all weapon options

-New Assault Marine Box

-New generic Dreadnought

-Honour Guard Box (maybe only an repack)

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker

-BA Painting Guide

-Suppliment featuring the new captain

-The Flesh Tearers are now watched by the Inquisition

-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)

-The attitude of Imperial authorities over the BA worsen

RWAAAAR!!

Wow, some hectic moving along of the fluff!! :O

Its going to be awesome to play the BA as the noble warriors they are in spite of their flaws, in spite of the cynicism and concern from the Imperium!!! 

Getting excited!

I got some Informations:

-Mephiston in plastic

-New Assault Marine Box

-New generic Dreadnought

-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)

Dang, I knew it! New Mephiston just as I finished painting the original one I bought in 1996! Take it down a notch with these machinegun releases will ya GW. tongue.png I can't keep up!

More assault marines and dreads... why not! biggrin.png I should start playing 2.5k unbound anyway.

As for the fluff I thought Flesh Tearers were already watched by the inquisition?

Wonder if the traitors are knights of blood or if it's a new one like the borderline flesh eaters or blood drinkers?

I got some Informations:

-Mephiston in plastic

-New Assault Marine Box

-New generic Dreadnought

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker

-BA Painting Guide

-Suppliment featuring the new captain

Likely made up unless BA are due in the next 1-2 weeks. Rumours only tend to get accurate once people have seen the White Dwarfs.

There's probably some good guesses in there though

Edit - I hope we get a BA specific Terminator box with this release. All the other stand alone codexes (DA,SW,GK) have one, and it would be a shame to keep all those gorgeous Space Hulk sculpts as limited editions.

I'd have expected to see Devastators and a repackaged combat squad on that list to be honest as, unless they're planning on taking a look t DA or vanilla marines pretty soon, there's not going to be another window to update those units to the newer plastic style (bolters with hands attached -boo- handless right arms, boring purity seals etc) for quite some time.

The prospect of a dread intrigues me, not that I actually need any more. Chances on finally getting all dread wargear options in plastic? They gave Wolves a multi-melta, might we finally see autocannons and heavy bolters?

Terminator box is interesting, BA or vanilla ?

Meh new HQ stuff for me because they'll probably come with capes that are difficult to remove and be monopose.

It'd be nice to see successors given more attention even if that is from the Inquisition.

Of course, without any White Dwarf leaks, it's all a bit too early to say anything with any certainty.

Archived