++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Ophion is the one captain who used his ship to help the Nightfall at the end of the Thramas crusade. Considered a muppet by fellow night Lords for uncharacteristic bravery.

I don't feel hard done by at all. We have a chainglaive, team FW are just being silly by not calling it a dao or some other such oriental weapon name. To be fair it shouldve probably been called a scimitar lol. But they went with glaive.

Talent for murder is still good and fluffy, and I bet when Amit is revealed as a BA special their version is going to look fluffy too.

So yeah, my boys in midnight are gonna have a whale of a time facing down these 2 armies. Except if BA used assault cannon heavy support squads and baal pred squads. I'd weep. Assault cannon vs choom though. Hmmm

Edited by helterskelter

^I think the issue with the LA:BA that many Night Lords players have is that it's simply better, much like the Scars' glaive.

We get +1 to wound when we outnumber our opponent in combat. That's a useful rule that is pretty damn fluffy too. Blood Angels get +1 to wound when fighting in close combat. Period. No downsides, no requirements. You're in combat from praetor to tactical marine, chainfist to Chainsword, you get +1 to wound.

Why?

It's not super fluffy for them. They aren't angrier or better at combat than other legions until they've lost themselves to the rage. If anything, they should get the "rage after destroying a unit" rule that the XII was saddled with until recently.

Edited by Flint13

I think it's forgeworlds attempt to give a different version of Furious Charge to the BA. We've had furious charge in out rules since 3rd I think? It got somewhat removed 5th edition. Nevertheless I don't understand why they don't give furious charge straight. I don't think blood angels fans would be too mad.

Personally I'm interested in our new ROW, though I definitely have a new love for the Dark Angels and World Eaters.

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

I'm undecided on how we've come out of Retribution tbh. I mean on the one hand the Raptor RoW is utter :censored: and feels like it's only come about because FW couldn't think of anything to do other than making our other signature unit troops. But then again, we had the bar set incredibly high with Terror Assault in terms of it's overall effectiveness when used correctly and it's fluffiness that anything was likely to be a come down for it. Same applies to Word Bearers and the Gal Vorbak and will likely happen to others that I haven't seen/heard about in the mean time.

As for the IX Legion, I have zero problem with them being good in assault. As far back as 2nd a point was made that close assault was their forte and if they have an upgraded version of that compared to us, I'm cool with it. I'd much rather a version that isn't as good in game terms but is so perfectly in character with the Legion that anything else would be out of place. Plus there's aren't their final rules. There's 18-24 months of waiting before they get a proper volume. During which time expect a mountain of feedback to find it's way home to Nottingham regarding the performance of said Legions in Retribution. Vol VI has shown with units like Justaerin that FW do listen and act when it's needed.

As for glaives, let the V ponce around with their curving shiny little pigstickers. Ours have chainsaws attached to the shaft. They make little slices here and there. We chew our enemies into gristle and enjoy every scream along the way. Again I'm cool with it, stands to reason that a Legion with a reputation for swordsmanship has some pretty tasty blades to call upon. Well worth keeping in mind that Sevatar is very much the exception to the rule with the VIII Legion. His skills are significantly augmented by his psychic potential (more so in the books rather than his rules) whereas the rest of the Legion are far more effective as a group of killers than warriors

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I read that Chainglaives were a replacement for Power Swords - not fists. Where do Chainglaives cost 30 points?

Edited by Balthamal

Like I said, when it's Amit and his flesh tearers it's going to look better. Because that's who it's going to be.

The problem with BA and WS is NL should be able to outnumber them. So they may have these things but our bonuses versus what they have are going to show.

Terror RoW still gives a good advantage over these little buffs and weapons. It's now about hitting harder and faster in the dark. Ophion is going to find use to, once he's stuck in combat you keep him there and keep piling the bodies in. Put him with a large despoiler squad, outnumbering and hacking away.

And most importantly do it with the lights off. Can't use the plus one to wound if you're dead before you get to hit.

Laugh maniacally as your large (and yes expensive) raptor squad, say with 5 chainglaives and a good onslaught roll, just rip apart those BA or get you slay the warlord vs a WS praetor striking simultaneously.

Sorry if I'm coming out of this much too positively than I mean to be, but yeah all the legions have their toys. Our best one is being the boogeyman

Like I said, when it's Amit and his flesh tearers it's going to look better. Because that's who it's going to be.

The problem with BA and WS is NL should be able to outnumber them. So they may have these things but our bonuses versus what they have are going to show.

Terror RoW still gives a good advantage over these little buffs and weapons. It's now about hitting harder and faster in the dark. Ophion is going to find use to, once he's stuck in combat you keep him there and keep piling the bodies in. Put him with a large despoiler squad, outnumbering and hacking away.

And most importantly do it with the lights off. Can't use the plus one to wound if you're dead before you get to hit.

Laugh maniacally as your large (and yes expensive) raptor squad, say with 5 chainglaives and a good onslaught roll, just rip apart those BA or get you slay the warlord vs a WS praetor striking simultaneously.

Sorry if I'm coming out of this much too positively than I mean to be, but yeah all the legions have their toys. Our best one is being the boogeyman

Sir, we're the Legion you send to kill the :cuss bogeyman 

Are you Heresy boys seriously nagging about how those White Scare :cuss get a cheaper, better toy than us? Wait 10.000 years, and you'll get a whole codex that won't be updated while other, more powerful armies with newer codices do. Do we nag about that? No. We stay in character, suck it up, and get creative. Like Konrad taught us. If you can't win in a fair fight, make it unfair. Take some pot shots. Go for the jugular, the arm pits, the kidneys. Whatever you do to win. But don't get all emo about it. That got papa killed, remember? Oh no, wait, that still needs to happen for you guys. SPOILER ALERT! 

To be fair Augustus the chaos crowd complains a considerable about the White Scars ;).

Ladies and Gentleman we are the boogeyman, when rebels learn about us they piss their pants in fear and stop reveling and they damn well should because we will come for them and we WILL kill them. The Death guard may complain about their deployment but only we are the ones who have lost what little humanity we had left in pursuit of justice.

We should leave the moping to the Raven Guard, for we are the Night Lords. We have had bigger problems.

Let's also keep in mind that we have what 10 new ROW to use. We can use the fabled dread head detachment, (which I came up with 1st and was told it would be overpowered). As well as who new slew of new stuff.

Now let's remind those sons of :cuss whose boss shall we?

Y'all are an intolerably inspirational bunch, y'all do know that?

I aim to please ;). It's a bit uncharastic of our legion I suppose.

Also did you see our new rules Kol? It's really minor but it's really cool, we basically get a 5+ cover save and and +1 to hit now.

So, Apparently the Ap2 Version of the WS Power Glaive is Unwieldy? Cannot confirm but thats what I heard.

Two-handed, not Unwieldy :sad.:

Two-Handed I know about.

But apparently using the Ap2 Profile is also Unwieldy?

Not stated in the rules. Here's the picture

gallery_72636_11351_69334.jpeg

However, between Augustus', lets say, encouragement, and the buffs we got (FW truly taketh and giveth), I'm back to a good mood about our legion. Well, as good as you can get :)

Edited by Aeternas

Also did you see our new rules Kol? It's really minor but it's really cool, we basically get a 5+ cover save and and +1 to hit now.

What are the conditions for them?

What are the conditions for them?

We gotta outnumber them and the 5+ is only on the first turn

They've just been made official is all. Significantly better than they were before the FAQ which was badly needed now with the option of taking Konrad without the LOW restriction as well we're looking mean again

I think I'm missing something. These were the rules printed in Massacre as part of our Legiones Astartes? If so, then how were they not official? Or was it the FAQ just nailed down all the different ways it could be "interpreted" to cut down people trying to skate out of it?