++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

So this Ophion chap. He's weird.

Gets fnp when he loses wounds and increases up to 3+ fnp when he's on his last wound.

Has armour built out of his first command which buffs his invulnerable. To silly standards

Finally if you have less VP points than your opponent, and he's alive units within 12 inches get stubborn.

And you can opt to reroll random game length.

He's weird but also can be potentially good

Damn. Anvil INdustry is rocking lately. The stuff they've produced in the last two years most definitely tempts me to secretly break my local store's rule against third party stuff....

Just make sure it's painted and tell everyone that you're a maestro with greenstuff and bits scavenging.

Guys, I need emotional support right now.

I try to be the absolute paragon of positivism... but I'm just an itty itty bit salty that the White Scars power glaive is just a more versatile, better version of the Nostraman Chainglaive. 

If that bastard doesn't cost like 35pts, imma be upset. 

I try to be the absolute paragon of positivism... but I'm just an itty itty bit salty that the White Scars power glaive is just a more versatile, better version of the Nostraman Chainglaive. 

Oh I had the same exact thought. What I said in the tactica thread. Just a bit pissed it can be given to sgts upwards as well. I don't think we get any consolation though...and we aren't exactly the emotional support group people :/

On the same level of irritation, our new special character, a praetor level one, again getting power armour.

Edited by Aeternas

Wait. What?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why do the White Scars have a power glaive? Don't they ride around mostly with swords? Ugh, between this and the Raptor Legion RoW I have really lost some faith points with Forgeworld.

Okay, beathe. Breathe. Positivity. Positivity.

Ooh, apparently Curze is going to burn down a planet in Angels of Caliban when it comes out.

Bad news Flint...any character who can take a power weapon, can take a power glaive for 15 pts. 15 fracking points. *rage*

their RoW is actually really nice though. Might have to just take some suspiciously evil, sadistic white scars wearing strange blue power armour with an altered legion symbol... 

Power glaives are Str User/+1 ap3/2 based on whether or not you use them one or two handed. For 15pts -_-

Real hard not to be salty right now.

I'll feel better after the first WS bro rolls up on my ignore-cover Solar aux army, when they've got like 20 models on the board.

Right?

Dark Angels seem to have come out pretty well put together. Good but not crazy.

Scars and Blood Angels just seem like a little too much. I understand *why* the "power creep" happens since FW started out super conservative with their rules sets and now they're flexing to see what they can get out of the setting.

But it's frustrating.

Well on the bright side the dark angels pay the same amount of points for only +1 str ap 3.

I'm just as salty as you guys right now. I think the reason they have the glance is due to GWs idea that the scars are all Mongol/ every south East Asian culture.

The scars dacoit origami is strong, and annoying.

The only saving grace that I can give is that our chainglaives look better than theirs. Also if it all goes to plan our volkite chargers should kill evryone in the squad.

Damn. Anvil INdustry is rocking lately. The stuff they've produced in the last two years most definitely tempts me to secretly break my local store's rule against third party stuff....

That's a stupid rule.

Agustus is probalby located at a GW store, which makes more sense. Still a bit of a dumb rule.

That's a stupid rule.

Agustus is probalby located at a GW store, which makes more sense. Still a bit of a dumb rule.

I wouldn't even go near one, had any been located in my state in the first place.

Huh, even my GW store, which admittedly is relaxed, lets 3rd party stuff. So long as at least roughly 50% is made with GW/FW bits, it's go. And if painted, you can usually get away with a bit more.

I'm pissed at the glaives. I'm fine with the BA stuff (think they may want to correct the ultra assault cannon spam) but...but...if they DARE to bring out a power glaive kit for the white scars...hhnnnrrgh. I don't want to think of the consequences.

Side note, why does BaC spelling editor/suggestions want to correct glaive to lawgiver?

The funny thing is that the glaive is european but it's gots variations in Japan and China so it doesn't really fit the Scars vibe.

I'm just pissed that they gave the Scars such great rules. It means that I not only have to face white scars bike spam in 40k but now 30k :wallbash: .

Side note, why does BaC spelling editor/suggestions want to correct glaive to lawgiver?

I think there's a Judge Dredd joke in there somewhere.

The funny thing is that the glaive is european but it's gots variations in Japan and China so it doesn't really fit the Scars vibe.

I'm just pissed that they gave the Scars such great rules. It means that I not only have to face white scars bike spam in 40k but now 30k :wallbash: .

The Japanese "version" is called a Naginata, the Chinese is called a Guan Dao. If they wanted to hang on to the Mongolian vibe, they should have gone with halberds instead of glaives.

Good to see you're still crying about that when everyone else still maintained their niche.

It was never the Night Lords "niche". It was just something they got stuck with because nobody else cared and the Night Lords were natural opposites for the Raven Guard. The first RoW with drop pods and stealth troops was the closest to a niche that actually reflects the background as being terror troops the Night Lords ever got.

Ironically it was the evil, dastardly, diabolical fourth edition which made the Night Lords the Raptor Legion because in 3rd Edition everyone got stupid with it. 3.5 placed more emphasis on having stealth, fear, fighting at night and being able to move fast. And since as a unit, Raptors liked to terrorize their prey just as the Night Lords did, it made since that the Raptor Cults and the VIII Legion were more likely to work together. That in no way was meant to say that the Night Lords were made up of mostly Raptors.

I treat the background of the VIII Legion the exact same way you treated what little background the Pyre had before it was rendered invalid. Do I make more of a point about it than some people do? Maybe. But no more than you do pointing it out.

Dudes we still have the night and numbers. Terror squads, precision shot, and strike,

Raptors onslaught plus outnumbering bonus an +1 initiative in the dark, those poor poor scars aren't even going to use those pretty glaives before their faces Don our shoulder pads.

Dudes we still have the night and numbers. Terror squads, precision shot, and strike,

Raptors onslaught plus outnumbering bonus an +1 initiative in the dark, those poor poor scars aren't even going to use those pretty glaives before their faces Don our shoulder pads.

I think it's more the point that we got something completely and totally our own, only to watch someone else get the exact same thing, but better. While also being re-given a one-trick pony that in all honesty, suits Legions like the Sons of Horus, Blood Angels and Raven Guard more than it does the Night Lords. But not a whole lot we can do anout it.

At least, like you say, we have plenty of room to work around it.

Out of curiosity, what's the background on Ophion, I think his name is? Do we know that yet?