++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

I'd say that Trench Warfare lends itself to the Night Lords quite well. Picture those blasted wastelands, chemical fog and human soldiers quivering in their trenches and add a couple of post human raiders stalking the wasteland, leaving sections of the line devoid of life. It's brutal, it's scary. It's a place for professional bastards - so send in the VIIIth !

Just imagine being some of the reinforcements called to bolster the line only to arrive and find a charnel house of gore. Scattered limbs, flayed bodies, intestines everywhere....without a single sign of who did this or where they went.

I'd :cuss: my pants

Edited by Black_out

For trench warfare i'd imagine units of breachers clearing the trenches alongside flamer/heavy-flamer armed support units whilst despoiler and terror squads run rampant in the support trenches murdering reinforcements as they make their way to the front line...

Possibly add in Whirlwinds, Vindicators battery or Rapier Thudd Guns for heavy support...

And then Iron Warriors come to see what's disposing of their useless human cannon fodder so easily and they kick your butt.

#shotsfired #iron4life

More seriously, trench warfare is frightening enough without adding Night Lords to the mix.

Now excuse me as I picture Night Lords butchering everyone in Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks because some clueless teenagers sung "and together, we will never be afraid of the dark."

TRIGGER WORDS

Do we have a rivalry with the Iron Warriors I wasn't aware of?

Not really. It's just that we were posting about trench warfare and well, Iron Warriors can be summed up with "TRENCHES! I LOVE TRENCHES! OH PERTURABO I AM SO ALONE" so it made sense to mention them.

Anyway, I've found a comic that sums up Konrad Curze's reasoning:

gallery_70393_9750_198251.jpg

Edited by Knight of the Raven

Just imagine being some of the reinforcements called to bolster the line only to arrive and find a charnel house of gore. Scattered limbs, flayed bodies, intestines everywhere....without a single sign of who did this or where they went.

I dunno. I always felt like the Solar Aux of the galaxy might actually approve of fighting next to the 8th. Sure they're a lil creepy.

But they don't have the same accidental casualty count of the World Eaters and their MO is to take entire planetary systems without ever leaving their ships. Never having to fight to conquer a world sounds like a pretty sweet gig for a non-transhuman.

Plus, if you're defending a world from invaders, who are you going to shoot at first, the armored homicidal murder Titan hacking your friends apart, or the Solax Auxiliary camped out two hundred meters down range behind some ruins?

I dunno. I always felt like the Solar Aux of the galaxy might actually approve of fighting next to the 8th. Sure they're a lil creepy.

But they don't have the same accidental casualty count of the World Eaters and their MO is to take entire planetary systems without ever leaving their ships. Never having to fight to conquer a world sounds like a pretty sweet gig for a non-transhuman.

Plus, if you're defending a world from invaders, who are you going to shoot at first, the armored homicidal murder Titan hacking your friends apart, or the Solax Auxiliary camped out two hundred meters down range behind some ruins?

I should have stated my post was from an enemies perspective lol.

That being said you make an extremely valid point that I've never really thought about before. I guess it would be a pretty sweet gig considering you rarely had to actually set foot on the planet.

^Thats totally why I will argue the point that the 8th was the most effective legion during the Great Crusade.

The Ultramarines or Fists or whoever else could take a world super quickly with minimal casualties. But entire planetary systems would capitulate on seeming an Eighth legion vessel translate in system. An entire chain of worlds with completely undamaged infrastructures, ready to start supplying the Emperor's great war machine, and completely aware of the consequences should they think of rebellion.

Well as are good friend Machiavelli said, "It's better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both". The 8 were pretty damn good at what they did however those planetary systems also fell into disarray later from my understanding like Nostramo.

That's because scaring people into not being unjust is less efficient than teaching them to be just, since the former only means they get craftier at avoiding getting caught.

And how do you teach people to be just, you ask? Simple. You build your society around justice.

How?

Why, by murdering everyone to death until they all die and starting over, of course!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/908/KFbtqf.png

"Who are we to ignore the so-called "Prophet's" summons? There may be many of us who don't believe in the stories, but he's the closest thing to a leader since Father died, and the Kryoptera disbanded. I for one refuse to believe he's the one who will unite the Legion, not one as young as he is, but I will follow him anyway, if nothing but to blood my blade."

-Captain Marek Vanya, 999.M41

"You, Marek Vanya," the Prophet said as he pointed towards Vanya. "Your death, as I see it is a glorious one. You will stand atop the walls of a mighty fortress, with your men at first. One by one, they all die, until it is just you. With bolt and blade, rock and fist, you fight. For nearly an hour you hold the top of the wall, slaying all that come near you. But, ultimately, you will fall. An Imperial Astartes. I cannot see his lineage in my visions, but after a long duel, you will die by his hands. Your death buys the forces of the Warmaster enough time to bring up heavy siege equipment, and a mere hour after your death, the very wall you fought so hard for is brought down."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/EhhLHf.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/633/uvqLJL.jpg

"They do not like us; the way we operate. They call us unpredictable, untrustworthy, dangerous. They call us murderers, psychopaths, killers and worse. But for all their spiteful misgivings there is one thing they all, at the end of it, agree upon. We are necessary. And that is why they fear us."

-Hallion Solis, Captain 19th Company Night Lords "Sun Devils".

After all this time building and painting my NL I think I finally have a character and concept that I really like. I'm amazed how a tiny snippet that just happened to cross my mind at work for no particular reason at all. More will come eventually I'm sure!

After all this time building and painting my NL I think I finally have a character and concept that I really like. I'm amazed how a tiny snippet that just happened to cross my mind at work for no particular reason at all. More will come eventually I'm sure!

Have to love Night Lords quotes, and what makes them even better is there's so many quotes from other sources you can apply to Night Lords, such as:

"I was born in the dark, molded by it." -Bane

"The night is dark and full of terrors." -Melissandre

Have to love Night Lords quotes, and what makes them even better is there's so many quotes from other sources you can apply to Night Lords, such as:

"I was born in the dark, molded by it." -Bane

"The night is dark and full of terrors." -Melissandre

Those are extremely applicable and I never even noticed it lol.

The quote I had was written by me fwiw :/

Hey guys,

Finished up my first Bleeding Eye Raptor, hope I've done them justice. I'll be moving on to another 4 and then I'll start planning on doing their I'm not a Night Lord but totally act like it leader Luc.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/315894-converted-pose-bleeding-eye-raptor/

Let me know what you think and I there is anything from the books I've missed out.