++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

It is really neat how this thread has kinda mini-exploded. We've gotten a ton of Nightlord greats in here along with half a dozen folks that have been tempted into starting their own new warbands. Makes me kinda misty eyed, you know? :happy.:

We'd only need to dredge up Doghouse, Hellchyld and Brother Garrod to toss some info in here and I think we'd have the full collectors' edition! 

Edited by Flint13

It is really neat how this thread has kinda mini-exploded. We've gotten a ton of Nightlord greats in here along with half a dozen folks that have been tempted into starting their own new warbands. Makes me kinda misty eyed, you know? :happy.:

We'd only need to dredge up Doghouse and Brother Garrod to toss some info in here and I think we'd have the full collectors' edition!

So wait, who's the Prophet that brought us all together, you or Heinrich?

112 the Blades of the Night reporting in.  

Sweet! They stand inked in red, proudly displayed next to their brothers in midnight clad.

We'd only need to dredge up Doghouse and Brother Garrod to toss some info in here and I think we'd have the full collectors' edition!

So wait, who's the Prophet that brought us all together, you or Heinrich?

Eh, I think Heinrich put it best...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/191/10g2.jpg

It's kinda a team effort ^_^

Damn you all! :smile.:

+++TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED+++

+++SOURCE UNKNOWN+++

Answering Legion VIII roll call

Legio - VIII Night Lords

Company - Information Missing

Designation - Terror Squad

Leader - Champion Balthazar Kald

Current Employment - Consultants interred to Alpha Legion Cell #379, location unknown.

+++DANGER+++

+++POTENTIAL DAMAGING CODE+++

01001000 01111001 01100100 01110010 01100001 00100000 01000100 01101111 01101101 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110100 01110101 01110011

+++MESSAGE END+++

+++RESUMING REGULAR BROADCAST+++

Edited by Excessus

@ Excessus - Oh whatever, you know you love some Midnight clad. Your terror squad stands at an unknown designation alongside their brothers. 

Well, to be truthful (darn, who slipped me that truth serum?), I have for a long time wanted to do something more "chaosy"-looking than my Alpha Legion marines. In that regard my Thousand Sons just don't cut it either...

@ Excessus - Oh whatever, you know you love some Midnight clad. Your terror squad stands at an unknown designation alongside their brothers.

Well, to be truthful (darn, who slipped me that truth serum?)

:whistling: Edited by Kol_Saresk

Just out of curiosity would anyone be interested in me making a Night Lords specific badge for everyone to show their loyalty (I know, relative term where our family is concerned) should they choose to do so? I figure it can be 100 pixels in height so it meshes nicely with all the other pips and banners that people have. 

Sure is. Although, due to the questionable legality of some of the Night Lord activites, you could perhaps cut the power and scream at him/her from the darkness :P

funnily enough I do vox for a death/thrash metal band, and I have a particular scream that causes pain to ears. It always amuses me to see mr guitarist wince.

turns out the stuff was moved to allow someone I rather dislike to use facilities in the house. This day gets better and better.

on a positive, when I checked this morning from last nights run, a few faces turned out usable so if I can find them/all is well I'll get an update online

Just out of curiosity would anyone be interested in me making a Night Lords specific badge for everyone to show their loyalty (I know, relative term where our family is concerned) should they choose to do so? I figure it can be 100 pixels in height so it meshes nicely with all the other pips and banners that people have. 

That would be awesome

Suprise is an insubstantial blade, a sword worthless in war

It breaks when troops rally, it snaps when commanders hold the line

But fear never fades

so let the enemy know we come, let their fears defeat them as everything falls dark

As the worlds sun sets

As the city is wreathed in its final night

let ten thousand howls promise ten thousand claws

The Night Lords are coming

And no soul that stands against us shall see another dawn

Nostramo has died and with it our past

The Imperium burns, promising a future of ash

Horus failed, because his plans grew from the seeds of corruption - not wisdom

and we failed because we followed him

we do not do well leashed to the will of others

and when bound by the words of leaders that do not share our blood

we must choose our wars with more care in the future

Poison will breach any armour

when faced with and invincible foe, simply bless his bloodstream with venom

His own racing heart will carry the poison faster through his body

fear is a venom just as potent

remember that fear is a poison to break any foe

when in the heart of the foe, show only your strength

never bare your throat, never sheathe your sword

we are astartes. not diplomats. not ambassadors. we are warriors all

if you are within the enemy's fortress, you have already breached his best defenses

you hold all the advantages

use them.

our brothers run to the edges of the imperium to cower in the shadows of the Dark Gods that protect them. Only we, the Night Lords, the sons of Konrad Curze, are strong enough to stand alone. we will bring our wrath upon the empire that betrayed us, and through the ages, may see us divided and broken by the endless war ahead, we will stand untainted until the stars themselves die.

It is possible to win and lose at once.

think of the war that rages for so long that a world is left worthless in its wake.

think of the swordsman that slays a foe at the cost of his own life.

think finally of the Siege of Terra.

let those fateful nights burn into your memory

never forget the lesson learned when Horus duelled the False God.

triumph bought with too much blood is no triumph at all.

Sevatar's addition to the Tenebrous Path:

Beacause we are brothers. We've seen primarchs die to blade and fire, and we've seen our actions set the galaxy aflame. we've betrayed others and betrayed in kind. we're bleeding for an uncertain future, fighting a war for the lies our lord tells us. what do we have left, if not bloods loyalty? I am here because you are here. Because we are Brothers

Because every Night Lord should have a copy:

Do it! Do it now!

You know I'll just bonk you on the helmet until you do. 

so I've got this little guy. I can also add something denoting whether the person hails from Nostramo or Terra if anyone wants.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/Untitled_zps417f1393.png

It appears that 77th company was given official name in the second HH book. Please change the name from currently listed to "Harbingers of Nocnitsa". Actually it is quite ironic that both names (one given by me and one by FW) are influenced by Slavic culture.

Also - I like the badge!  

Bonk does't mean the same in america does it?

If you mean the 'to hit' meaning rather than the...shall we say, more Slaaneshi meaning. Then yes. Although my dodge English sense of humor did make me grin with bonk and helmet used in the same sentence.

As for the logo...does it come in teal with flayed skin, pearls, piercing needles and serrated hooks? Just wondering.

Sweet!... can mine have tiny horns?

And maybe a little bow. I'm not picky.

Dickie?