++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Alright!

1.) Rolled 5 to go.

2.) I got no Psychic Phase

3.) Roll to hit : 1-2-2

....Your turn @_@ Not sure how to deal with this since we're both striking at initiative...

Edited by Slipstreams

Helter, is there a Points limit we should abide by?

And if moi and mme Flint are truly going to duke it out, I'll edit this post with 2 possible Characters; a Night Lord and an Imperial Fists in the event that we keep this...within the Legion for simplicitys sake.

Sorry for the Double Post :x

Night Lords Primus Medicae

-Narthecium

-Needle Pistol

-Volkite Serpenta

-Artificer Armor

-Jump Pack

-Refractor Field

-Thunderhammer

-Frag & Krak Grenades

Imperial Fists Primus Medicae

-Narthecium

-Needle Pistol

-Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armor

-Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

-Solarite Power Gauntlet (SO MUCH RE-ROLLING TO HIT WTB RE-ROLLING TO WOUND PLEASE)

-DAMNIT HELTER I CAN'T TAKE THE INDOMNITAN MANTLE FOR ETERNAL WARRIOR TO TRUMP FLINTS FORCE WEAPON

no need for jumppack or volkite or grenades, generally you want things that are going to help in hand to hand, you are in the pit, 2 men/women enter 1 man/woman leaves. Yes that is a twisted combination of monty python and beyond the thunderdome. the dice gods wont always be on Flints side :p oh and points limit is irrelevant as I've not posted one and if you stick to arming rules theres only so much gear you can take anyway Edited by helterskelter

Cool!

Grenades were only listed due to me just copy and pasting entries from the book and went "ehh I'll just put all of those that apply" :p

Honestly going to literally throw all my dice at denying Force since shes not Doubling out my marine like I am her. Shamefur Dispray at my first hit rolls @_@

A biomancy libby with a stave and hopefully iron arm would do a fine job, strength 9 and smash, yes please. Failing that I'd go WE and get a meteor hammer. For the "lolz". Is that what people say nowadays? Seriously so far out the loop I no longer see the loop, apparently theres this thing called hipster now.. just another fad for the skinning pits, I wonder if flayed flesh will take off, I mean radio gaga got awaywith the meat dress

First two sentences were coherent enough for me to follow.

After that, :tu: and :yes: Totally with you on the Hipster point though!

..yeah I didn't think about the Trophies of Judgement when making the Wargear Selections. Hopefully the potential of her failing the Fear Check wont cost me the match xD

Eym guys... As fun as this duel/roll off thing might be for those participating, it's not *really* Night Lords related and it's kinda cloggin the thread. I hate to be the party pooper, but might this be more appropriate to do via PM or to get its own dedicated thread? Just asking! :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I've been thinking again, some more dangerous activity I know. In regards to a list I want to game with, going with the terror ROW, I currently have 3 squads at 265pts with volkites, melta bombs and chainglaives all. Game wise with preferred enemy is all brutal fun battering the infantry, but I need to shave points and try and get tank killy death into the list. Flyers don't concern me coz if all their troops are dead in the dark they cant claim squat or kill enough in the potential remaining 3 daylight turns. So I ponder do I ponder leaving my beloved Sicaran at home and investing in: Fire raptor gunship (sunder missiles), typhon heavy siege tank, tank hunting breachers with breacher charge in a land raider.

not particularly night lordy options, but I'm in the mood for what looks good and does the job. Iron hands fanatic nearly swayed me in the direction of breachers with a snippet he unleashed, but i seek the gaming and modelling advice from you lot

Depends on the points you're playing at. Land Raiders are great because you can take 3 in that precious heavy support slot. Contemptors are also your friends because of the multi unit per slot you get on the regular ones. If you just want to be balls out mean Spartan (Armoured Ceramite/Flare Shields) with Night Raptors and Curze is a beautiful death for anything facing them

But to be fair, what isn't Kurze a beautiful death for?

Maybe a contemptor talon... but seriously, he's geared to murder infantry like they were being fed into a wood chipper. Hmm... maybe Cataphractii could hold him up for a bit just by virtue of that 4+ ward. But I'm not seeing them doing much damage back. And that's assuming they pass a -3 LD fear check. 

He does get a mean version of hammer of wrath aswell. Breachers can get the assault ramp land raider as dedicated transport keeping the slot free for something else. Aiming for 2k points to begin with as that seems the average game size. Contemptor has gained a spot already, dccw, grav sidearm, the main gun I'm mulling over.

Put the list in the AoD section!

I mean, if your not afraid of Flyers and if terror squads can take Dedi Land Raiders, you could run a TS-in-LR MSU list and spam Armored Ceramite Av14 everywhere.

I don't trust my username when it comes to posting things where I'm after advice. Call me paranoid but I ain't nowhere near popular enough to garner loads of feedback (I like looking at piles of stuff and drawing a common theme thereby best utilising info). Don't get me wrong though I appreciate all the replies I do get massively.

On point, TS can only take a dreadclaw dedicated. I feel I'm probably over reliant on forcing night fight combined with infiltrate, and having one heavy slot is a burden. But I love the ROW.

Hmm..Shame on the TS. The RoW is good but it takes a lot to get it to work. Its very much forcing you to put all your eggs in one basket due to that 1HS slot.

That said, you could load that slot up with 3 LR Proteus, Give them all Exploratory Augur Webs and Stuff 8 Man Terror Squads inside.

You would then have Infiltrating, Scouting Land Raiders that give a -1 (each, I think it stacks. Would need to double check) to Enemy Reserve rolls. Only downside is that these aren't Assault Vehicles.

However, doing this brings each squad up to ~500 points each so thats 3/4 of your list gone. Granted, you do get 6 TL LC shots and a bunch of TL HB shots out of it too.

Fire Raptor is always a solid choice when so limited. You can field a Spartan quite Easily by using your HQ in Terminator Armor + Terminator Command Squad or just plain Elite Slot Terminators.

Oh, and on the Murder Duels front...yeah...Pskyers are nasty. Got my butt handed to me (RNGESUS WHY!?!) If I had successfully denied Precog, it would have been another story. Sadly I was 1 off (denies were 2-5-6-6-6 for a 5 dice precog with 4 successes).

The Queen Reigns yet undefeated.

Yeah. Quad Heavy Bolters might sound nice on paper but they're outclassed by the Reaper Batteries. It can also take armored ceramite for a big :cuss you to any melta weapons.

Brothers and Sisters, from Savage Weapons, "A cadaverous god, in midnight clad, each armoured finger ending in a charged blade the length of a scythe."  This stuck in my mind and would not remove it self.  Which then leads me to the Forge World miniature which is Nothing like this description.  This bothered me, so I give too you two versions that I have created, magnetized versions of our beloved Primarch:

KC 1

KC 3

KC 5

KC 4

KC 6

Please let me know what you think of it so far. 

Ave Dominus Nox!

I like the Talons, I picture Primarchs and Captains to have access to private armouries during the Crusades unlike 40ks more limited options where we cling to 30k relics. So I like to think he has a pair more like those on from time to time.

Great work.