++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

SO SO SO SO MUCH WIN!!!!! Augustus C8L might be the best thing I've ever seen done with a defiler. You've done a fantastic job with the paint on him too and the rest of your KDK this army is gonna look fantastic while it's wrecking face. Every time I check out your thread I feel that itch to build traitors that's how that random NL moritat I built happened :) Keep up the awesome work man!!! Any chance of an updated army shot?

That's great to hear, Pyroclast91!

The second Rhino is finished! Hurray!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsfetjebks.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpss3chey1k.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsshvnaps7.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsv4en5dxw.jpg

And the beast with his ten little buddies, also known as the second squad of ten Khornate Marines I painted last week. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsrml4b1tm.jpg

Now, I'm in the process of painting the last five Khorna Marines that are in my 1250 list. I'll probably finsih those tomorrow. I'll then go and buy a third Rhino later tomorrow, and try to fix the Lord of Skulls dozer to that one! :)

Cheers, and thanks for looking.

My friend, I really think you need more blood on the dozer blade(s). Blood for the blood god was practically made for such a task! :P

Also, no soot on the smoke stacks? Might lokk a bit out of place next to the last one.

Other than that, your KDK are really really really tempting me to start my own!

Together that unit looks ace and the dozer blade is an excellent addition. Can't wait to see all 30 alongside their rhinos. When I get round to sorting out my berzerkers I might have to finish the land raider I've had for nearly 20 years and do something with my heavily converted original rhino models as they seem so diddy nowadays. 

Looks superb! Makes me think of that rock crusher from the original Total Recall movie but more Khornate.

*EDIT* The more I come back in here to look at your latest rhino the more I am in love with it. I wish I was doing a big Iron Warriors army with a lot of rhinos. Each one of them would come equipped with the rockgrinder. I can just hear an Iron Warrior sticking out of the cupola of such an equipped rhino  talking over the vox network:

"My Lord, you need trenches? Yeah, I got this.."

Edited by hushrong

Yup it totally ROCKS!! :wink:   Really great idea, I might copy that in the future for a dozer blade, it is so badass and defenitelly appropriate for a Khorne army! Also looking forward to see how the Lord of Skulls one turns out, you're going to have some cool rhinos in your army.

Okay, mate, by now you can basically consider me green with envy: The way you are amassing a World Eaters army made of all these new and shiny models at top speed is almost disheartening ;)

But seriously, fantastic work! It's actually hard to keep up with all the new stuff, but a couple of observations:

• The Chosen conversions remain the big surprise, mostly for how absolutely great they look with those Blood Warrior and Wrathmonger helmets! If I can make one suggestions, it would be to take another look at the way the icon bearer's right arm connects to the body: In the photos, it seems like there's just the slightest bit of wonkiness to the joint, like it would actually have to attach a hair's breadth higher.
  • Einherjar is looking great on his new base and remains one of my favourite Daemon Engine conversions!
  • The rockgrinder blast shield on the Rhino is completely brilliant! What an excellent idea! One thing, though: If you want to have blood on those rotary saws, it needs to go all the way around the blade: Due to how those saws likely operate, I suppose it would be next to impossible for blood stains to only occur on a part of the sawblade ;)

Seriously, though: You are on fire! :)

Probably too late to mess with it at all but I'm curious... Can you assemble the banks of saw blades level by level? I think it would be awesome if they alternated between clockwise and counterclockwise, so you get a tearing, scissoring action. Some of my favorite chainsword illustrations show two sets of teeth, going opposite directions. There's something super brutal about that. Like they're saying "we're not trying to do work here, we're trying to mangle something beyond recognition." 

WOW! I don´t think I´ve ever had so many comments on a single post of mine!

This Goliath dozer blade idea and execution is proving to be very popular! Which is weird, because I assumed everybody would be doing that conversion the moment the Goliath hit the shelves. But on some closer inspection, I can´t really find any pictures on the interwebs of other examples of it. So... yay me?

Anyway, before I'll post update pictures, I wanted to share a big hobby decision I made yesterday:

I´m not doing a 30K Iron Warriors army.

The reason for this is twofold. First, I had to decide which colour scheme I wanted for all my expensive FW vehicles, limiting their usage, and which sometimes left me in a state of limbo on how I wanted to paint a vehicle. And two, the Iron Warriors colour scheme, while visualy appealing, just isn't rocking my boat when it comes to actually painting it: basically I wasn't enjoying myself while painting them - while I am when I'm painting Imperial Fists - and why voluntarily do something you don't enjoy? 

So I´m doing a 30K Imperial Fists army. 

So I traded all my Iron Warriors stuff. 

Painted, I had a Typhon and three Iron Circle Battle Automata:

Unpainted, I had 5 Cataphractii Terminators, all with Iron Warriors should pads and an Anvil Industry missile racks to make 5 Tyrant Siege terminators, while I also had 10 IW Helmets, 10 IW MkII shoulder pads, 10 ML Shields IW Breacher shields with Anvil Industry Arms arms. and a mostly unused FW IW Transfer Sheet. 

I traded this for the following New In Box: 3 drop pods, the new Khârn, 2 boxes of CHaos Bikers, 2 maulerfiends, 2 boxes of Centurions, the BaC Cataphractii Character, and, an undercoated (white, for some reason)  Chaplain from the Reclusiam Command Squad (now sold seperately as the Deathwatch Chaplain). 

not a bad trade, if I do say so myself. I got all the FW stuff for cheaps on the aftermarket sales, so all in all I think this has been an equal trade in terms of what my new stuff costs from GW and what I had originally paid for the stuff I traded it for.

I'll be repainting the Sicaran Battle Tank I have in Imperial Fists colours. 

Anyway!!! Now that that is off my chest, lemme get back to my Khorne Daemonkin. The third Rhino is almost finished. Take a look:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps91pbi98e.jpg

As you see the, Bloodfist implements at the bottom of the smoke stacks still need some GS work done to smoothen transitions, but the idea is clear.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsxk1xuli9.jpg

Back of the tank. Notice the Subrle Discord chaos tank tracks? They're on the first Rhino too. I won't bother putting the rest of the tracks on the front, as the dozer blade masks them there. So I have the middle section left, which I can use on the back of a future Possessed Rhino.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjwvlngvb.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps9nhrdrz2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps9meawr85.jpg

And the shield without the tank. This obviously needs some more work. Like with the Goliath dozer blade, used the attachement thingies from the actual FW dozer blade. I figured because that dozer blade is parallel to the front of the tank, it'd be easier to convert something for those than for the awkward angles of the Goliath dozer blade and for this LoS dozer.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsxgwmnyi7.jpg

And the front of the tank without the shield. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsub82bmso.jpg

Again, I used Subtle Discord's awesome trim kit, and I think I've shown amptly that it is perfectly possible to use two of his kit and distribute it evenly and effectively on three rhinos. 

Also, I'm putting the last touches on the last five Khornate Marines of my 1250 KDK list. Yay!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsnnuqb1qv.jpg

Hurray!

Thanks again for all the comments. They are super motivational! Keep 'm coming :biggrin.::thumbsup:

Replies!

@ SkimaskMohawk: There's tons of blood on it already. I hate to overdo that stuff, and that is so easily done. When it comes to BFTBG technical paint, I'm a firm believer in the 'Less is More' philosophy. The Smoke Stacks have now been gifted with actual smoke. Thanks for mentioning it! :thumbsup:

@ Lord Thørn: Haha, thanks, buddy!

@ Mechanist: Cheers, friend. I have a professional photographer buddy who I'm trying to get to make complete army shots of my KDK, IFs, and Night Lords. Go forth and salvage those rhino's!

@ Aasfresser: haha thanks buddy. Yeah, when I'm on a roll, I roll. :happy.:

@ Teetengee: You can see for yourself, above. The LoS dozer is pretty humongous, but not unrealistically so. 

@ hushrong: HAHA Yes I know what you mean! Haha. Sadly, because of the reversed saw blades, it's digging days are over. :wink:

@ ElDuderino: Yay! Let me know which projects you favoured most 

@ The Traitor: Damn, dude. That one was ripe for the PUNitentiary. :wink:

@ JeffTibetts: Thanks! That's a great compliment from such an accomplished hobbyist such as yourself. I might contact you soon about some tips on how to repose the legs of an Imperial Knight, which I plan on doing for my Khornate Knight.

@ Mirbeau: Haha do you think the last doer blade is more or less insane than the Goliath blade?

@ lionofjudah: Thanks, dude. Glad you like them so much!

@ The Hydra: Nope, actually it couldn't. I reversed the blades, so that they turn inward and upward instead of outward and downward. So it's diggin days are over. From now on, it's just an endless maelstrom of gore!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!

@ KrautScientist: GREEN with jealousy? That's not good. Cut yourself untill you're drenched in your own blood, for remember, even as we die, that our blood too is welcome..... Blood For The Blood God!! 
Wait, what? Sorry, I just woke up from a red-visioned mini-delirium. :wink: Anyway. Although this is not a display army per sé, I remain a stickler for details. So I looked at the chosen mentioned in the first point, and couldn't see what you mean. It think it might have been the camera angle.  - I'm glad you like new base for Captain Eight Legs! - I agree from a theoretical standpoint with your blood-all-over-the-place-on-the-dozer-blades-comment, but I'm not going to do anything about it. I don't like to overdo BFTBG, and that is soooo quickly the case. "Less is more", is my philosophy when it comes to BFTBG. :thumbsup:

@ Dragonlover: Yes, yes I have, actually! Of course, I need a mandatory five man possessed squad to be illegible for the Slaughterhost detachment, so keep these pages in your visor!

@ JeffTibbets: You can, but it'd be a massive pain to do so, as they have spacers than interlock. So you'd have to dremel out those spacers to make it possible to get the seperate blades to alternate. I do like the idea, though! BFTBG!!!

Thanks again for the massive amounts of comments, everyone. They leave me humbled, thankful, and inspired!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I certainly understand your decision to switch to Imp. Fists if you're finding it more enjoyable. This just means I'll have to work harder to keep the Iron Warriors dream alive! That dozer looks intensely funny - I just get images of Beserkers having a good chuckle over all the people they hit with it and it brings a smile to my face.

Augustus, honestly, I don't know how you do it. Consistently building, converting, and painting some of the coolest minis I've ever seen again and again.

Superb work as always!

And as sad as I am I'll no longer see you painting up those gorgeous Iron Warriors of yours I know your Fists will be equal great!

Edited by Black_out