++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Great looking bloodcrushers, the black bloodletters with blue blades are a very good idea, hadn't noticed them before. Also this "list" idea of things to do is kind of inspiring, maybe I could do something similar... Keep on, someday you'll cross everything out (and with your speed it might be sooner than later...)!

Yes!! Now these are the updates I've come to expect from you Augustus! Great stuff! Thinking I need a set or two of those relay pipes too after seeing yours...hmmm Edited by Black_out

Thanks guys! 

A day of painting... and the two Drop Pods are finished. Huff huff. 

They don't together fit in my lightbox while opened, hence the seperate pics. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsjgvnkim8.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsbg4yj3cz.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zps42febizr.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsjmppzulo.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsnal52my8.jpg

And coincidentally (or not) one drop pod fits exactly in the crater hole of the craters I bought from Puppetswar the other day!http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsfznlhjoh.jpg

Aaaaand they get stricken from the to-do list. :D :tu:

Hidden Content

List date: February 6th, 2017

Imperial Fists:

- Typhon (build, basecoated)

- two Drop Pods (build, ready for basecoat)

- Command Squad on bikes (30% build, need tons of work)

- Assault Squad (build, needs different legs though)

Khorne Deamonkin

- objective markers (build, ready for paint)

- Juggerlord (partially build)

- Maulerfiend (build, ready for basecoat)

- Bloodthirster (cleaned, still waiting for an order of brass rod for pins. Started work on his 80mm base)

- 10 Khornate Marines (in various states of build, from ready for paint to still on sprue)

- 3 Bloodcrushers (need rebasing)

- 30 Bloodletters (need repainting and rebasing)

- Khârn the Betrayer (build, ready for basecoat)

Terrain:

- Promethian Relay Pipes (build, ready for basecoat)

Hope you like! Thanks for looking and commenting :)

Replies!

@ The Traitor: yeah dude, you should try it. I find it very motivational and to have a disciplinary effect on my hobbying to work towards a goal. It's why I participate in almost all events in which I can with my armies, here on B&C. :D

@ Venomlust:  Thanks buddy! For all my armoured black I use AP (Army Painter) Matt Black (WP1101), airbrush highlighted with VMC (Vallejo Model Color) Grey Black 70.862, Edge highlighted with GW Eshin Grey, and then a corner edge highlight of GW Dawnstone. For the skin of the deamons I use the same recipe, only with Skavenblight Dinge as the only brush highlight. :tu:

@ Black_out: Haha, yeah, I'm back (?) The relay pipes are a joy to paint and really easy to do, actually.

@ Biohazard: Yeah I had them on 60mm before, but the oval bases just look so much better, IMO. :tu:

Sweet stuff! Everything looking good as usual! The pipes look good and they are terrain I have been wanting for zone mortalis. Rebased bloodcrushers are also looking sweet! Also the drop pods are sweet and I am happy seeing objectives get crossed off.

I must say my favorite things are the objective markers. They fit the theme of the army and I love scenic little displays. I need to find some slaaneshi bits and bobs to make some new objective markers for my army.

I normally have nothing against bicicylist but I live in Austin and they all seem like the hipster cyclist from Portlandia...

Wow, your KDK objectives are awesome! Make mine look waaaaaay shoddy :D

Also thumbs up for the terrain, love a nice bit of terrain. I have plans for building a Necromunda table and gang later in the year so have been really paying attention to to terrain recently.

Finally, your pods rock, though I would expect no less. They are normally pretty boring, but not yours which is no surprise. Great painting :tu:

The pods, Crushers and everything looks great nice work. 
Now if your playing with the GW terrain I can definitely advise looking at this website.
http://www.ironhands.com/industry.htm

He has some sweet necromunda terrain and stuff that's great for 40k, also most importantly he has some good tutorials with many suggestions to make the sector impirialus stuff go much further.

The pods, Crushers and everything looks great nice work.

Now if your playing with the GW terrain I can definitely advise looking at this website.

http://www.ironhands.com/industry.htm

He has some sweet necromunda terrain and stuff that's great for 40k, also most importantly he has some good tutorials with many suggestions to make the sector impirialus stuff go much further.

That is really cool, cheers for that!!

As said previously, Augustus your stuff is very impressive as ever :)

Augustus has Brass. ;) What I mean to say is: the 1,5mm brass rod I needed to pin my metal bloodthirster together has arrived, and I've assembled it and did some primitive sculpting to close the holes left behind. I'm not a great sculptor by any measure, but I'm hoping it will suffice. There's also an 80mm base with a lot of skulls on it :)

Here's some pictures:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps4bgax2wg.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjcrq6e2v.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsh3krxfan.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps8lpyga0p.jpg

I hope you like him! Now, how to paint this guy. My other, modern, plastic bloodthirster is black skinned with red armour, and fleshy coloured wings. I'm tempted to reverse the colours of the skin and the armour, and to make the wings black. Any thoughts on that would be most welcome. :)

Thanks for looking and for your advice/feedback/criticism. :)

Replies!

@ ranman8: Than ks buddy! It's just Averland Sunset shaded with GW Averland Sunset with a dab of VMA Hull Red :tu:

@ rednekkboss: Are you doing an Imperial Fists army too???

@ hushrong: Thanks buddy, I appreciate it. I agree on the objective markers. They really finish an army off, don't they? :) About the cyclists: you should come to Amsterdam. There are (quite literally) more bikes here than there are people. We've had to build a three story ponton in the canal across the Central Station, which is filled and emptied every day by commuters

Hidden Content
http://sherryott.smugmug.com/Europe/Netherland/Amsterdam/Netherlands-29/962702941_JB6LF-M.jpg

@ Midnight Runners: If you're going for Necromunda, I can totally recommend Battle Systems' Galactic or Command Centre sets. You can be a late backer now. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-ii-terrain/description

@ Mechanist: That's some really cool terrain right there. Makes me harken back to the 90's where all terrain was self-made. :)

Is that the original head? How old is that thing?!

It is!  

I bought it from a guy who says he bought it as soon as it came out. It had a pretty thick layer of paint on it, which I was happy to remove using StMarc's. Here's a thumbnail picture of the original add on the Dutch Ebay (it won't show the original pic anymore... 

http://i.marktplaats.com/00/s/NTQzWDcyNg==/z/w58AAOSwt5hYeMM0/$_82.JPG

Yeah, the original head is much better than the phoned-in alternate head they released later. Even so, the sculpt definitely shows its age by this point -- to think I once considered this Bloodthirster the pinnacle of coolness. Oh well, Arcadia of my yout ;)

I am confident you'll be making him look excellent with a suitable paintjob, buddy! The best advice I could possibly give for the "classic" scheme (i.e. red skin and black wing membranes) would be to check out Duncan Rhodes' two-part video series on painting the new plastic Bloodthirster: I've been using a slightly tweaked version of his recipe on most of my Khornate daemons so far, and it works really well and produces a very nice result.

Yeah, the original head is much better than the phoned-in alternate head they released later. Even so, the sculpt definitely shows its age by this point -- to think I once considered this Bloodthirster the pinnacle of coolness. Oh well, Arcadia of my yout :wink:

I am confident you'll be making him look excellent with a suitable paintjob, buddy! The best advice I could possibly give for the "classic" scheme (i.e. red skin and black wing membranes) would be to check out Duncan Rhodes' two-part video series on painting the new plastic Bloodthirster: I've been using a slightly tweaked version of his recipe on most of my Khornate daemons so far, and it works really well and produces a very nice result.

Well, sucks to be you! I still think this bloodthirster is the pinnacle of coolness! :D In the same way I find bootcut jeans and aviator glasses cool, I should add. ;)

Thanks for the advice on the skin. I was going to ask you for your recipe, but this will allow me to find it. Thanks! :D

And let's not forget mullet haircuts, while we are at it :wink:

Regarding the recipe, the one thing you might want to look at is whether to use Khorne Red as the base colour (as I did on my original Bloodthirster) or go for a slightly brighter overall look by using Mephiston Red (I used this approach on my Angron, the giant Flesh Hound and the Bloodletters). Both will work just fine with the rest of the recipe, though.

Edited by KrautScientist

Cheers!, that's good advice. I'll be using Word Bearers red most likely, which is the FW airbrush colour I've used on all my KDK stuff, but from there the recipe will help me greatly! :tu:

Also: don't forget chain g-strings. :p I love that detail - which even when this BT was released it was considered a nod to the mid-eighties GW daemons and mutated figures. 

Well, it should be cool to see your take on this classic. I actually own the version with the newer head (my first daemon ever) but he has broke so many times now I don't take him any more on my lists ;). However if you pin it well enough it shouldnt be that much of a problem so good luck on that!

Well, it should be cool to see your take on this classic. I actually own the version with the newer head (my first daemon ever) but he has broke so many times now I don't take him any more on my lists :wink:. However if you pin it well enough it shouldnt be that much of a problem so good luck on that!

Aw, that's a shame! Perhaps you can still fix him? Or give him a bath of paint remover, construct and paint him all over again? I pinned mine with 1.5mm brass rod, which go at least 1cm into each joint on both sides, and used 2-component epoxy glue, so even if I throw him against the wall, the pewter itself would sooner break than the joins. :tu: 

Absolutely love this log, I might have some back reading to do now, it seems to be wracking up at the moment, as much as I consider myself a stalwart Imperial Fist fan I love your Khorne miniatures, I recently cast aside the Khorne Berzerkers I was building for my Black Legion, you may have inspired me to get them back out in the near future.

Anyway, I've been working on a second Relic Predator. I really like the rules for both the Plasma Destroyer and the Magna Melta weapon upgrades for these, so after I built one with a plasma blaster out of an original metal predator turret, I wanted one with a magna melta. I used a Leman Russ turret and the back side of a baal predator. Nowhere near finished: neads some chaos banding and other details.

What do you think? 

in no way being facetious...

firing the gun seems like it would drain the power source in one hit. how about a battery trailer? i vaguely recall some old models (possibly epic scale flamers) with a fuel trailer.

[edit:  stupid browser took me back three years.... my apologies... comment still stands though. trailer.]

Edited by paulJam

Hidden Content
Anyway, I've been working on a second Relic Predator. I really like the rules for both the Plasma Destroyer and the Magna Melta weapon upgrades for these, so after I built one with a plasma blaster out of an original metal predator turret, I wanted one with a magna melta. I used a Leman Russ turret and the back side of a baal predator. Nowhere near finished: neads some chaos banding and other details.

What do you think? 

firing the gun seems like it would drain the power source in one hit. how about a battery trailer? i vaguely recall some old models (possibly epic scale flamers) with a fuel trailer.

[edit:  stupid browser took me back three years.... my apologies... comment still stands though. trailer.]

LoL! I was like "wait what? I built that tank almost three years ago!" :D Also, how was I being facetious there? :huh.:

Absolutely love this log, I might have some back reading to do now, it seems to be wracking up at the moment, as much as I consider myself a stalwart Imperial Fist fan I love your Khorne miniatures, I recently cast aside the Khorne Berzerkers I was building for my Black Legion, you may have inspired me to get them back out in the near future.

Thanks, mate! I'm very happy you've been inspired! (or is that corrupted? :wink:)

Hidden Content

What do you think? 

LoL! I was like "wait what? I built that tank almost three years ago!" :biggrin.: Also, how was I being facetious there? :huh.:

no, i didn't want you thinking that I was being facetious with MY comment.

i deleted my browser history the other day which seems to have sent me back in time somehow. damn warpy browser :)

while i'm here great work (as usual) on those drop pods. a beautiful yellow.