++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Another 25 done. I'm at 85 now, and will begin the last batch of 20-25 today. This whole week, every moment of relaxation, every unfocussed thought, every second of each drive or ride, has gone to poxwalkers.... it's been quite a ride and I could not have imagined a better time getting into the painting vibe and the Death Guard mindset. It's been absolutely bonkers, and I cannot believe I'm looking forward to creating and painting another set!

Picture time!!

BRAAAAAAAAINS!!!

CkYcDlN.jpg

QcTgMHR.jpg

I made an error in judgement of the eyes of Evil Santa, and now it looks like he has eyeshadow on, and doesn't look nearly as evil as I hoped he would! lol

6PC21qw.jpg

CifNHSh.jpg

Pretty stoked about the hammer guy's left arm-tentacle, which I sculpted completely myself :) 

ps1JYxv.jpg

The scythe guy and the one with the rifle in a single hand are amongst my favourite.

v5xD4Xa.jpg

gh1hwWy.jpg

u3Lqtq0.jpg

Sand People guy looks awesome. I'll try to make an even better one in the next batch.

BKkF4m7.jpg

Hope you like! Comments Welcome!

Replies:

@ hushrong: YEAH BABY!

@ SkimaskMohawk: I'm sick too!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

CHeers, Dantay. Yeah, I saw those a while ago. While I love those conversions, they suit me more as cultists - which coincidentally I was thinking about this morning: using genestealer cultist models as chaos cultists. They'd only need new heads, basically. Plus the genestealer iconography replaced with nurgle symbols.

So I spent several hours over the last couple days reading through your thread...

Augustus I just don’t even know. Your dedication to this hobby astounds me. The speed you paint at, the quality, the conversions, it’s absolutely incredible. And the fact that you take the time to respond to everyone is just awesome.

A weeks worth of likes couldn’t catch up with this thread. I’m really looking forward to your up and coming death guard. I had a good chuckle when I saw the Santa Walker. Awesome stuff!

Loving it!! Glad to hear you have been enjoying them. They are all pretty darn awesome and you’ve definitely given each one a personal touch.

Could I make a recommendation for the next sand people poxealker? Bandages and a mask. Like a hospital patient wrapped in medical bandages and a air mask. Poor fellow kept getting sicker and sicker in the medicel clinic, got covered in sores they had to wrap up and when his breathing got worse they had to feed him oxygen...it just never took it off when it died and rose back up.

Damn man, talk about prolific. I applaud your pace and it makes total sense; when you've got this many to get through, find a way to get them done efficiently. Despite being done quickly you've got enough technique going on that any minor oversights are just lost in the sea of putrid awesomeness.

Thank you also for making me very happy that I have a bunch of old zombies lying around and a bunch of those micro beads that didn't work well for rivets. Someday I shall return to my Chaos projects and my future Poxwalkers will make good use of these ideas.

Alright, last 20 built. I already primered these after taking their pictures, and psrayed their three-step basecoat on. Next up is the six stages of washing. I'll try to finish these today.

BTW these guys look so bad because they had already been primered and painted by the guy I got them from. I put them in StMarc paint stripper, and not all primer came off properly. Hopefully the detail isn't too obscured. ANd if it is - oh well. ;)

I tried more of a rural theme with these, so lots of farming implements. I'm guessing they still use those here and there in the 42nd millenium.

r8zXgI7.jpg

mFnL0ah.jpg

t6iiU5M.jpg

hQyI8t1.jpg

wdVmjGh.jpg

Hope you like 'm!

Replies:

@ Checkmate: Haha mad about poxwalkers indeed!

@ DuskRaider: Once these are finished, I'll definitely do a group shot of them all - a glamour shot on my BattleMat. :biggrin.::thumbsup:

@ Grrenz: Thanks, buddy! That's so nice of you to say. Glad you like my work, and I hope I have inspired you in some way. Thanks a lot :smile.:

@ MrBadweed: Doesn't the definition of madness go something to the effect of 'repeating something and expecting different results'? If that's true, than I am actually proving to myxelf that I am NOT mad - as I repeat the process and expect them all to look equally awesome :wink:

@ hushrong: haha nI love the suggestion, but unfortunately I read it long after I was already done converting the sand people dude!

@ Subtle Discord: Haha yeah... I guess it's a disease? Addiction to plastic crack or something? Your analysis of the process is quite apt, btw. These guys are by no means the best painting I've ever done - not by a long shot - but because there's so many of them, no-one notices! Glad you have some zombies at hand! Love to see what you do with them!

Alright, last 20 built. I already primered these after taking their pictures, and psrayed their three-step basecoat on. Next up is the six stages of washing. I'll try to finish these today.

Good to know I'm not the only one who seems to use a lot of washes for their Nurgle stuff. :lol:

The conversions look ace though :tu:

Man you are a machine the way you’ve been churning these guys out. They look fantastic, I’ll admit I did have my doubts with the additions of the zombie parts but like Kraut I’ve been blown away by how they all work together. Looking forward to more. :tu:

Mate, your pushing these out by the boatload is getting a bit ridiculous -- stop making the rest of us look bad! :)

Your Poxwalkers and your plans for mixing in some Genestealer cultists for...erm cultists, along with the excellent paintjob, is also so close to what I've wanted to do with my own Poxwalkers/Nurglite cult that I coud scream. I hope you're happy with yourself! ;)

Huff huff... so... Wednesday March 14th saw me clip out the first Poxwalker from its Dark Imperium sprue. Today, I finished painting the last 20 of a grand total of 105 poxwalkers - all of them unique. 

Here's pics of the last 20. I'll do some glamour shots of the whole horde tomorrow, when it's light out. :smile.:

UIBP8jf.jpg

dxLZytu.jpg

IT9GoUh.jpg

aGZlkID.jpg

P23Dkw2.jpg

fcGcwW4.jpg

gqi3dH4.jpg

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Gederas: Is there another way to paint nurgle? :wink::smile.:

@ Biohazard: Hey buddy! Glad you stopped by! :smile.: And thanks. Yeah, those zombie parts I had my doubts about them too, ut mix them in with 'true' poxwalker bits and they add to the creepiness. :smile.:

@ KrautScientist: I'm making KrautScientist scream: Achievement..... unlocked? :wink: I'm looking forward to your cultists and poxies!:wink:

EDIT: Crap, I just realized I forgot to put grass tuft on these guys. Oh well, I'll do that now, so they'll be proper finished for their glamour shot, tomorrow.

Insane productivity man. :tu: I meant to say I’ve been planning on using the GS Cultist for my Black Legion as well. A box arrived the with my Forgebane yesterday. :D Will be watching yours closely to see what you come up with :)

@ Razblood: Wait, you haven't seen this thread before? But... but... we've been ETL buddies for years, no? I can tell you that selling your armies can be quite cathartic, but I'll try to shine on! :D

Whenever I haven't kept up with a thread for a while I prefer to start at the beginning for the sake of context :lol:

Makes it a bit of a bugger when you last looked at a thread 20 pages long and now it's 100+, but that's how I roll

Horde glamour shot time! 

I'll focus from outward inward, ending with a shot that will give you a feel of what it's like to be overrun by a horde of poxwalkers :biggrin.:

Here they are in all their 105-man strong glory:

maUwMmd.jpg

f2cm7c5.jpg

xhRTubl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qFJUO2h.jpg

and here's the gonzo shot:

VOEIBMO.jpg

Meanwhile, I've all put them back on their shelf, on which they just fit:

ZkxDEhZ.jpg

Hope you like! C&C welcome!

Onwards to some plague marines!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Biohazard: Ooooh nice! Well I haven't bought them yet, so I'll most likely be looking at yours for inspiration first! :smile.:

@ BubblesMcGub: Plague Marines! And then probably some Myphitic Blight Haulers.

@ DuskRaider: Great! I'll head over to that stunning thread of yours for a dose of inspiration! :biggrin.::thumbsup:

@ Razblood: Ah I see! With your hands in the air like you just don't care, most likely. :wink: Welcome back then! 

I can't believe you cranked these out so damn fast... that's absolutely nuts. Chances are you'll probably have started your Cultists before I do, I need to make a couple of overseas bits orders before I can start piecing things together. 

What's next, Plague Marines?