++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Thanks you so very much for the overwhelmingly positive feedback on the Death Guard, gals and guys! It's very motivational to read all of them! In fact, I have already started working on the next series of six plague marines. I realize this is quite a strange number for Plague Marines - them normally coming in squads of five (minimum) or seven (fluffy). My intention is to field them in MSU style, so only five. I am not sure why I am painting them six at a time, to be honest - it just happened! My plan is to make three squads of five with three plasma guns, plus two squads of five each for the other three special weapons (meltagun, plague spewer, blight launcher), with two of those weapons per squad. And then three squads of seven kitted for close combat. Does that make sense? :D I am fairly certain though that the total amount of Plague Marines will not be 6x5+3x7=51, as I will never field all of them at once and most squads share two bolter-wielders. I'm not sure about the math here, so most likely I'll frack up and end up with 51 plague marines anyway, but the intent is to save me some effort.

ANYWAY!!

I already started work on the next batch of five. I'm already starting to make some progress in making the process of batch-painting these guys more efficient. An order of painting is developing, which I hope eventually will make painting five of these guys a five-hour procedure instead of the twelve it's taking me now. 

LhqssdA.jpg

I also finished the one guy in the first squad that I forgot to paint a backpack for, by painting his backpack. Take a look!
T1QwaIA.jpg

kJnFAjm.jpg

And then there's the Malignant Plague Caster that comes with the Dark Imperium boxed set, which I converted based on some inspiration I got from our very own KrautScientist. The DI Plague Caster has a veritable ridiculous face, so I had to do something about it. I liked Krauty's solution, but actually really wanted a MkIII helmet. So this is what I did.

FFEk32k.jpg

Still not too satisfied with the pose of the miniature, though. His plague wind gust (or whatever it is) just isn't to my liking, so I will probably end up replacing his right hand with one of these:

0e5900ce3636936320d4fbb0193f89a0.image.1

Anyway, I hope you like! Feedback welcome!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Viridia: If I thought it'd be worh it, I'd have done it. It's a LOT of effort, and the payoff will only be worth it if you're a very good sculptor. I am not. I'm actually thinking of sawing through their pelvis and replacing their legs entirely with MkIII legs!

@ Dantay VI: I'm actually considering redoing the 'glow' with Zamesi Desert!

@ KrautScientist: Haha alright, alright. no Purple. :D How about redoing the glow with Zamesi Desert? 

@ sfPanzer: Blue... damnit! All these choices! ;)

@ hushrong: Than you! I'm glad you also 'see the appeal' of purple tentacles. ;) I have chaosed up the shoudler pads. Thanks for reminding me!

@ BubblesMcGud: I promise I'll make a group shot of this next squad surrounded by my favourite poxwalkers. :) Or you can look at them life, on Friday. :) Also, I ordered your Sicaran and Scorpion, finally!

@ SkimaskMohawk: Cheers, good to hear!

@ guardian31: hahaha argh nooooo no more plasma options! Hahaha I think I'll just stick to green, or else I'll never be satisfied and will remain in choice-limbo :)

@ Mechanist: Good point! I've added tons of buboes on the armour. Also, that's a great looking colour scheme. 

@ Trixie: I shall, thanks!

@ Vairocanum: Cheers, buddy! Hoefully I'll be able to finish them by tomorrow evening. :)

i don't know if i like the mkIII helmet on the plague caster this way but i think if you change the wind to the open hand and also replace the staff it willl be awesome. as i think the staff is the weakest part of that whole model.
The plague marines in the other hand are awesome!

Really excited to be able to crush them in a gme in the future with my own Iron warriors!

But each squad could have a different color of plasma! I'm kidding, the green is looking good. Really like the new plasma gun marine, the rust on the blade is really well done. Are you doing more to the Mk III helm to make it look corrupted? Right now it kinda sticks out.

I'd strongly recommend to not do 3 plasma as your main damage focus. The Blight launcher has a higher range to damage output and does more in range of arch contaminator (basically the only warlord trait shipped with the death guard book lol).

That being said I do really like how the plasma looks

Mechanist: Good point! I've added tons of buboes on the armour. Also, that's a great looking colour scheme. 

Thanks it's a test model for my black legion which fizzled a bit with the new release of 8th and how I'm tying to get a usable core army together before playing with cult troops.

I look forward to seeing the results of you orange pustules and how you get the process down to 5 hours (wish i could manage that).

Yesterday something amazing and wonderful happened. No, I didn't get pregnant, no transdimensional portal to a realm of naked ladies opened, nor did I won the lottery. But that last thing comes close.  

A few weeks ago, frater hushrong contacted me asking me if I would be interested in a NIB unit of Deathshroud Terminators. I said sure, but what about the shipping - he lives in the USA and I in The Netherlands, so shipping would probably make it cheaper for me to just buy the unit in the GW store. His reply (and I quote):

"Yeah, but if you are cool with it I will ship sprues and instructions. Plus, they are my favorite unit and I would love to see you work your magic on them. Do you have an address I could get it shipped to?"

So he shipped them. For free. And today they came in the mail.

yEIIaRh.jpg

This is one of the most generous, kind, and plain nice things anyone has done for me, and I feel incredibly thankful and humbled by it. Hushrong: THANK YOU, buddy. So much. I've been having a pretty good week so far, but this icing made it quite the cake.

Now, as they say, no good deed goes unpunished. So now that I have Hushrng's address, I will come for him and destroy his life  erm, I mean send him a gift as a thank you. :biggrin.:

Hushrong, when I'm done with a bit more Death Guard stuff (I'm on a bit of a roll and don't want to interupt the flow quite yet), I will build a custom Black Legion Daemon Prince with weapon loadout of your choice. If you want, I'll even paint the sucker for you. And of course I'll send it to you :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!! :smile.:

Replies:

@ BubblesMcGub: Dunno about teplacing the staff, but I'll think about it. And bring your IW on!

@ Guardian31: I will, I've added some tentacles coming out of his faceplate. 

@ SkimaskMohawk: That's an interesting tactic, which I haven't realized yet - although I've mostly just been wanting to paint the miniatures and let my buddy Dean (who also plays DG) tictate what's good and what isn't....

@ DuskRaider: Plasma is great indeed. I've been getting mixed advice about this.

@ Wilks_: Cheers! Yup, I'll show a picture once the putty is dry.

@ hushrong: THANK YOU again, buddy! So nice of you to send me those DSTs. Also: Tentacles from the mouth grill sculpted!

@ Mechanist: Down to 5 hours is turning out to be an impossibility, methinks. Doesn't matter. Your BL dude looks great!

@ Copycat Copycat: Thank you, mate! Always nice to read that someone has taken the trouble of going through the entire thread and ended with a good impression! 

@ Midnight Runner: High praise indeed! Thank you!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Your Death Guard are looking awesome Augustus :tu:, I particularly like the head swap on the Malignant Plague Caster. It looks so much better then the pouty baby face it comes with. As far as the Terminators go, the generosity on this forum is always astounding, be it advice or bitz, the fratur here are second to none :). I am a little excited to see what you do with them.

Nemac

golly gee, I never get free models :down:

Can't wait to see what you do with them, bub. And just some clarification... Blight Launchers ARE good, they can move & shoot with no penalty. They're great and I do use them with my CC Plague Marines (those or Plague Spewers... the Heavy Flamer ones). I've just had much more luck with Rapid Firing Plasma throughout my long years as a Legionnaire of the XIVth, including in 8th. Actually, especially in 8th now that we get a third one in our squads.

He accepted the parcel? The contract is sealed and binding? Perfect! MUHUHAHAHA...

I mean: Good to hear they made it in one piece! I was just thinking I needed to check tracking. Definitely want to see what you do with them for the Death Guard. Like I said they are my favorite unit in the game and I didn't want to tarnish their honor and convert them to the Black Legion.

I am also excited to see the tentacles from the mouth grill! Never in my adult life would I think I'd state that.

And I would be honored and humbled to have a daemon prince built by your hands!

Now, as they say, no good deed goes unpunished. So now that I have Hushrng's address, I will come for him and destroy his life  erm, I mean send him a gift as a thank you. :biggrin.:

Replies:

@ BubblesMcGub: Dunno about teplacing the staff, but I'll think about it. And bring your IW on!

You sure you want your army to lose against my superior Iron warriors?

Thanks, guys! This gift has inspired me to work like crazy to finish the second squad of plasma plague marines. Take a look!

G3sJig0.jpg

0Pw9Sqd.jpg

And the individual miniatures:

oJtJTry.jpg

e25vZni.jpg

mgkmfRv.jpg

NQtylvm.jpg

Prqm093.jpg

WT3EvZe.jpg

I hope you like them! These have more pustules to tie them in with the poxwalkers. They show me that the standard DI plague marines are easily convertible to differentiate. :)

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Nemac Vradon: Yeah I agree. Bolter&Chainsword for the win! 

@ DuskRaider: Aww! I need to send you something to thank you for the inspiration! PM me your address!

@ hushrong: Hahahaha great start. So.... what kind of DP do you want? Wings, yea or nay? Weapon loadout? Which mark?

@ BubblesMcGub: Of course not! As long as the game is fun - who cares wo wins?

Hidden Content
WT3EvZe.jpg

This one is my fav he is really cool!

@ BubblesMcGub: Of course not! As long as the game is fun - who cares wo wins?

Darn you and your positive attitude!

Edited by BubblesMcBub

@ Mechanist: Down to 5 hours is turning out to be an impossibility, methinks. Doesn't matter. Your BL dude looks great!

Thanks again. 6 guys in 10 hours would make me very happy to be honest as it should give me a solid chance of a unit a week and at that rate I may actually finish an army. 

The new guys look spot on the pustules have worked a treat painting the teeth on the belly mouths is also helping to make the champion pop. 

Aw man, looks like I’ve missed a few updates. Those plague marines are disgustingly awesome, I love what you’ve done! Really nice touch adding in the additional highlights on the plasma coils. KrautScientist was right, the original green just wasn’t quite pulling through. But I agree with you, red coils are a big “nope!” That added yellow/ green looks terrific

Side note: I really enjoyed reading about what Hushrong did for you. It’s things like that that really exemplify what this forum is about.

Edited by Greenz

Dam aug, they look epic! Really like the individuality you have got with them. They all have a tonne of character. The green shoulder pads really helps break up the armour colour. Amazimg work mate and i look forward to seeing what you do with the deathshroud bodgard ;-)