++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Thanks for the excellent feedback, guys! Noigrim and Castigator were absolutely right about the pointing hand, of course. It didn't look well enough - sure, it needed some sculpting done to make it blend into the miniature better, but it just asn't in the cards. Instead, both of the aforementioned awesome fellas suggested manacles - because what better way to represent slavery than the things that hold them? 

Just as a reminder, here's what the boi looked like before:

Hidden Content

WjU44TU.jpg

This is actually a completely different miniature than teh original one - I cut of the original's hand, so in order to get it back on I thought I'd just burst out the other one - I have two of each, of course!

F5cX0y3.jpg

Much better, don't you think?

RuFumRS.jpg

Also, I've been working on my Escher Nexu Khimerix and two Phyrr cats.

vVTHMaB.jpg

Hope you like! Comments and critique most welcome. 

Cheers

EDIT: Oh! And I need ideas for the fourth dude in the Slaver Entourage, the Shakleman. He is armed with s Shock Stave, a Harpoon Launcher, and a Cult Icon.... The Harpoon gun is two-handed, so his Icon needs to be on his back... any bits ideas?

Replies:

@ Gederas: Thank you! Yeah those gladiator helmets work very well on those khornate marauders bodies:)

@ noigrim: You were right, and when you're right, you're right.

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Indeed! Good spot there :smile.:

@ DuskRaider: Yup! MaxMini all the way :thumbsup:

@ rednekkboss: Get them - they're fantastic!

@ Castigator: All hail the second coming of Slaanesh! Hail! You were right.

@ Sagentus: Thank you!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

There we go - the Pit Fighters are finished (their builds, at least) Here's some pics:

r3mNYZO.jpg

iT3XjCS.jpg

Well, by finished, I mean - they're bare bones. I figured since no-one knows what a stimm-slug looks like, I thought I'd just use a Chem Synth - it looks weird sciency enough ;) But if anyone has a cool idea to get these guys even more into the GrimDarkness, let me know!

Also, I'm flying off to Gibraltar tomorrow morning at 0650AM to go to No Retreat 8 - which means I have to get up at 0350AM - less than 6 hours 
Cheersg from now. Why I am posting this instead of sleeping? Because I love you guys <3

Cheers

Replies:

@ ElDuderino: Cheers, I totally agree 100% they look better! Unfortunately I have no tips for working with chains without getting super glue over everything. That's basically my approach - just soak the chains in super glue. 

@ DuskRaider: I guess I deserved that but still: it's on. Did you mean Knights with actual bases? :p

@ noigrim: Not smaller, they're less bulky. They're proportioned like actual human body builders, whereas Goliath are proportioned like Space Marines. 

@ GreyRavenC: I have replied in kind, kind sir!

• 3 months later...

Sooooooo, it's been a while. Also, I've used Frankenstein's "I'm alive!" meme too often to use it again. Actually, I am still alive, but I don't think I'm 'back'. You see, the GF is super preggers - she's in her last week. I realize that's not interesting to hear for you gals and guys, but it is and has been a pretty massive deal for me in the past few months. Hence the lack of even pictures from No Retreat 8!!! My gosh, I've been lazy!

I promise I'll post some No Retreat pictures in a later post this weer - maybe even tomorrow. But I wouldn't revive this thread if I hadn't actually something to show you guys - I've painted something - my first paint job in almost six months!

Actually, it's three things - the three converted Fleshmower Blight Drones I vowed and failed to even start in ETL VII. So without further ado, here's three blight drones:

Numero uno - bog standard Fleshmover from the dedicated GW kit.

aGNdrjg.jpg

Numero dos - converted from the body of a DI Drone, the carapace and tentacles from the dedicated GW Drone kit, the landing gear of a Storm Raver as arms, and a plastic tube, some razor wire, and a lot of spikes as the mower:

WlgLqIO.jpg

And last but not least, and with a similar build as numero dos except using a ball point plastic pen cover as the mower, numero tres:

CI9LQlf.jpg

Here they are all three of them:

uk2YRlw.jpg

And here's all six of my drones!
RMyJvkL.jpg

I hope you like them!

Thanks for looking and until next time!

Cheers

Extreeeemely late replies:

@ Gederas: Cheers buddy! I'm still working on the other two guys, and have all the parts. They've been sat on a tray for months now, collecting dust. Adult life and future fatherhood are the bane of the hobby. 

@ DuskRaider: Shots fired indeed, my friend! :wink::biggrin.::tongue.: Also, I'm gonna go to your thread soon and check that decimator out!

@ Mechanist: Ooooh I think I went the easy way and used Chem Synths from the Escher kit... :ohmy.:

@ sockwithaticket: I've been scouring the interwebs for those bits, even those from the talos kit, and they seem to be perpetually out of stock. Thanks for the tip, though! :thumbsup:

@ Khorga: Cheers, bro, thanks for the comment, and welcome to my thread. I apologize for the lack of updates in recent times. You can check out the first post of this thread for linkies to all FAQs. :smile.:

@ Atia: YES! Approval from someone I now know the address of is always good. :wink: Postcard coming your way soon!

@ teku: Hey dude! I'm afraid I only managed to get to I belive 14th place of 42 participants. Still pretty decent - especially since I went against an Imperial Guard gunline on Hammer and Anvil with no cover and he seized on me. I gave up after round two. Nice opponent but very boring game. I played Genestealer Cult against the nicest guy ever (and won I believe 24-6 against him). 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Good to see you back bud. Jeez, that's a lot of Bloat Drones. I love how they're all unique though, it breaks up what would be a bit monotonous.

So now that I actually have based Knights, where are yours? HMMMMMM....?

Good luck with the baby, friend. They're a handful but worth every single moment. Make sure you enjoy and cherish it because they grow up so much quicker than you're ready for.