++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Some WIP shots of the Brass Scorpion's armour plates:

Pefl3Rl.jpg

In addition, I did some work on a Khorne Berzerker. 

The rumours are real: big chainaxes are going to be a thing. So I doubled down. :D
vhMaKem.jpg

Hope you like ;) 

Cheers

Replies:

Yeah, I just remembered that kit after I posted. The funniest part is that I have used that kit myself before too... sigh...

Haha no worries, bud! Also, you know there's an button to edit your comments, right! ;) :p

If you're looking for another chubby cultist, I recommend the leader of the Mercator Sanguis Slaver Entourage. Pricey because it's ForgeWorld but is a really cool model. 

Haha that's a good one! Funny thing is, guess what I used as a base for the Chain Lord of my homebrew Mercator Sanguis - back when the FW miniatures hadn't even been leaked, let alone released yet?

Woop! Finished a Berzerker! 

I heard Bererkers are going to get the big chainxes too, so I anticipated. ;) 

VyDOftG.jpg

And in case the same happened with CHainswords, here is one with a giant chainsword. If not, he's still WYSIWYG because he has a chainaxe strapped to his back., 

vfN7iYj.jpg

I hope you like them! Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Cheers

Replies:

@BadgersinHills: Well you don't know him. He might have a very cute hobby. Like knitting. ;) 

@ Smoke Frog: Hey man, I've never seen you comment here (or have forgotten) so welcome to the thread. I'll post the scorpion tomorrow. :)

@ Doghouse: Thanks bud! If Astartes got chubby this could be a ruescale version ;) 

@ YannTheMad: Hi buddy - I don't remember seeing you comment ehre ever, so welcome to the thread. :) If I may give you some advice on big, morale crushing projects, is to just chip away at it, consistently. So do something about it every day and do that one thing to completion. Even if it's just something small like 'I'll paint the the base metal colour on its third leg today' - that's achievable in five minutes and then you'll have that done, never to be needed to be done again. If you keep that up, you'll quickly get into a rythm on 'completing stuff' and that's when inspiration hits. There's nothing like consistency to get your morale up. You don't need inspiration or high morale, you need consistency. :tu: 

Hey Aug, great to hear from you again!
Congratulations on fortunate solving of the son's problems! I can only imagine it must have been tough for you guys!.

Loving how the Scorpion is coming along! Great base and a sweeeet blend of clean vibrant looks with scratches and weatherig. It's gonna be a sight to see all the nice details on that piece!
Great work on the Berserkers and ogre too! :biggrin.:

Nice to see you progressing again.

Congrats on you second child +1 on the worries and relief when things seem to be wrong but turn out ok in the end with newborn.

Really liking the scorpion, but that cultist is ace as well!

Keep it up.

Edited by Brother Carpenter

Boom! 

Two more berzerkers.

This time a 'regular one' with Chainaxe and chainsword...
ypZPZ7j.jpg

Plus the squad's comms officer/musician!
aBRG6mo.jpg

I hope you likey!

Thanks for looking and for your C&C. 

Cheers

Replies:

@ Majkhel: Thanks for all those nice things to say, Majkhel, I appreciate it! :) 

@ Valkia the Bloody: Thank you! How about these bad boys?

@ Brother Carpenter: Will do, bud! Thanks

@ Khornestar: What a cool name you have LoooooooL! Thanks for the kind words :)

After a long period of hobby downtime, it's always a pleasure to come back and see what you've got up Augustus. Absolutely smashing these Berzerkers out of the park!

Brass Scorpion Finished!! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

UbNeaKR.jpg

OgoOjnQ.jpg

NhntTB9.jpg

0tjNm3k.jpg

WyysiQv.jpg

gxZMKkY.jpg

Z4t8x7H.jpg

PRAkuzg.jpg

ydfmTAE.jpg

That's it. That's all I have. I hope it wasn't too dissapointing. Thanks for looking. I appreciate your C&C - comments especially - they're what keeps this thread going after all :biggrin.:

Cheers

Replies:

@ Viridia: Thanks Viridia! Good to see you visit again as well :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

The original WE scheme on the Scorpion is quite unexpected but it does indeed looks absolutely ace!

And I love the Berxerker Bards to bits every time I see one of those :) 

Augustus b'Raass : Been following you for quite some time honestly, but i'm not big on comments. Thanks a lot for the hints

So 

I'm usually not a big fan of the pre-heresy World Eater color scheme BUT

It is absolutely awesome on the brass scorpion. It gives it a nice,  unique look (never seen any with the original WE colors really), while still been a terrfying beast of metal and murderous intents.

Love it.

Period

Impressive... most impressive..

Not really sure how I feel about all of the decals on it, however. I think you could have used one of the larger Legion insignias and bisected it smack dab in the middle with some smaller ones like you have on the pedipalps. Overall it looks fantastic, though. Loving the base as well!

Bloody hell fire you've been busy!

Had to go away for a while and the first thread I've caught up on is this one.

Beatifully brutal work on those World Eaters.

Congrats on the second nurgling, glad the surgery worked out well.