++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

This is another army I'd love to play a game against. Loving everything in this thread. The one thing I don't go for on principle are the bat wings, but you've made them look sufficiently badass that it doesn't matter - on the scale of Adam West to Christian Bale, these Night Lords are infinitely more Dark Knight than Camp Crusader. I am particularly keen to see that Raptors squad finished up! :smile.:

Damn, thank you. I had thought the ornamentation to be beyond the Camp Crusader into drag, but I'm glad you still see the Dark Knight in them :wink:  "I am the (K)night!"

Had any problems fitting the platic backpacks to the FW raptors? Unless I'm misstaken they have kind of a unique fit.

They have, and I'll admit it was tricky. I cut and shaved most of the 'backpack mounts' off, then pinned the backpacks in place without glue. I then put a little green stuff in between, which I sculpted to make it look as if they'd belong there. Waited untill the green stuff was dry, then broke it apart and glued them back together.

Where's the power sword of the raptot on the left from?

It came with the FW Night Raptor's kit, along with the bodies and arms I used.

That Contemptor is gorgeous; it's exactly the right balance of Astartes war engine and Night Lords ornamentation.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. 

Keep looking at those raptors on FW, saw the word chain glaive. And wanted, completely ignoring the fact I have tau, blood ravens, iron warriors; and now guard on the go, almost... Managed to resist so far. Got a feeling when yours are painted though...

It begins....

The raptors are half way half way done. Meaning the first five stand in midnight clad, but no gold, metal, red or bone. Updates coming soon.

I couldn't resist starting the next project while I wait for the FW NL torso's for the next batch of five...

Had this baby laying on a shelf for over a year now. I got him from a mate in exchange for building and painting two Lucius Pattern warhound titans for him. Not sure what colour he'll be yet. I want him to be distinct from my Night Lords army, but still visually compatible with them. Any ideas?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140430_0031_zps1e615e08.jpg

Washed and ready for... well, what comes after.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2a425dd5-4e91-4cf0-adde-7eb24c2403d8_zps7c21ada4.jpg

Oh and to make this Warhound fit into Bolter& Chainsword, I'll pose and base him so that he'll be crushing an Ultramarines Dreadnought (nice tie-in colour with my Night Lords).

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

This will be... interesting. Very interesting for sure.

When it comes to the colour you could always go for the Legio Tempestor if you want them to really match your Night Lords. The Legio Fureans have pretty nice colours aswell but they might clash quite a bit with the midnight blue of the Eight.

When it comes to the colour you could always go for the Legio Tempestor if you want them to really match your Night Lords. The Legio Fureans have pretty nice colours aswell but they might clash quite a bit with the midnight blue of the Eight.

I'd vote for the Fureans, actually. The golden yellow is great complement to the dark blue. Depends if you want them actually matching, or looking good next to your boys. 

I, Augustus b'Raass, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III.

I vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, The Siege of Vraks II and Imperial Armour Apocalypse,
the following Night Lords units and those they use to sow terror, 

with of total value of 1458 points on or before August 1st:

1 Warhound titan with all four magnetized weapon arm options (750 pts); 

6 raptors, (2 special weapons, power weapon) (147 pts); 

Raptor Lord with Chainaxe (counts-as chainglaive) (88 pts);

5 raptors (lightning claw champion) (110 pts); 

5 terminators (4x power fist, 1x chainfist, 1x combi plasma, 1x reaper cannon) (227 pts); 

10 cultist (abhumans, 1 w/flamer) (55 pts); 

14 cultists (1 heavy stubber, 10 autoguns) (81 pts).

Success will bring eternal glory to me 

and to the 

47th Company of the Night Lords VIII Legio Astartes, known as the Night's Reapers. 

We bow to no God. 

We are terror incarnate.

Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Chaos Warhound + 4 Weapon Arms

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140430_005_zps9cdee412.jpg

GW Raptors + Lord

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140523_016_zpscef6260e.jpg

FW and GW Raptors

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140503_003_zps2f07ceb8.jpg

Cataphractii Terminators

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140503_010_zpsbcaf91ab.jpg

Abhuman Cultists

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140503_005_zpsc30efaf6.jpg

Human Cultists

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140503_007_zpsd39a36b9.jpg

Vow edited b/c I had to take out 1 unit of termies. It was in too advanced state of painting. Also after consideration with Semper I deleted the contemptor from the vow and added an extra raptor and a raptor lord.

Uh... Wow. The level of anticipation I'm feeling for this project just tripled. I cannot wait to see what you do with that beast. Had it sitting on your shelf for a year? Man...

Haha man, I hope it's doubled now that my ETL III vow is up.

Yeah I'm thinking of a brownish green... Cheers for the links though. They will be helpful!

I'd vote for the Fureans, actually. The golden yellow is great complement to the dark blue. Depends if you want them actually matching, or looking good next to your boys. 

Thanks for the feedback but I detest painting yellow... I might go for red if the brownish green doesn't work out.

Dammit, you're making the 15th Company look like a bunch of vagabonds lol. Looking forward to seeing this bad boy done up man.

You should not complain. The level of skill, dedication and awesomesauce you put in the 15th is an inspiration to me and to us all.

There is a lot to like about this thread. 'Brutally stunning'

Cheers mate! Glad you like it. Welcome anytime of course :-)

A rogue Legio Mortis titan in PH colors but still chaotic (just not all green and Nurglified).

That is actually what I'm going to aim for. Unfortunately I am leaning towards faded brownish green...

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

My jaw dropped when I saw how many pieces make up that Warhound. I'm just glad I'm not the one building that beast!

If you want more of a red scheme whilst staying (somewhat) true to a Titan Legion, the Legio Magna or Legio Interfector might be better choices. However, the Legio Ulricon have no scheme on record, which opens you up to make one up, AND the Titan Legion served alongside the Night Lords during the Thramas Crusade, losing their flagship and many Titans in the process. In my opinion, if you want a Titan that is fluffy and allows you to experiment a little with the colour scheme, a lone member of the Legio Ulricon is the way to go :)

Looking forward to seeing you complete that pile of murdering heathens :)

that contemptor means business very nice work sir.and good luck with the titan ,remember to seriously thoroughly wash it to get the release agent off and prime it with a good primer . i used a plasticoat product on mine as i found the gw blackspray shaled off the model making me have to repaint it

EXCELLENT.

:thumbsup:

I approve of any and all Night Lord terminators. 

Do us proud, buddy!

('cause we're waiting with knives if you don't :wink: )

Bring it! What's you vow, Flint? I haven't seen yours.

What colours you going to do the Titan?

I think after Dragonkin's message below, a faded blue with dark-bone squares.

My jaw dropped when I saw how many pieces make up that Warhound. I'm just glad I'm not the one building that beast!

If you want more of a red scheme whilst staying (somewhat) true to a Titan Legion, the Legio Magna or Legio Interfector might be better choices. However, the Legio Ulricon have no scheme on record, which opens you up to make one up, AND the Titan Legion served alongside the Night Lords during the Thramas Crusade, losing their flagship and many Titans in the process. In my opinion, if you want a Titan that is fluffy and allows you to experiment a little with the colour scheme, a lone member of the Legio Ulricon is the way to go :smile.:

Looking forward to seeing you complete that pile of murdering heathens :smile.:

Herewith, I present you with an award of 1500 internets for this idea. I have been toying around with the idea of a faded blue (similar to my plague marines) -perhaps offset with brownish bone- and golden trim, and you just made it possible. The Legio Ulricon it shall be. In your honour, the last titan's princeps shall be named Arenis.   

That is one cool looking contemptor

Cheers mate.

that contemptor means business very nice work sir.and good luck with the titan ,remember to seriously thoroughly wash it to get the release agent off and prime it with a good primer . i used a plasticoat product on mine as i found the gw blackspray shaled off the model making me have to repaint it

It has been thoroughly cleaned. I was planning to use GW primer, but you say there's a better one. Could you maybe post a link to the product you are referring to?

i am sure the primer is called plasti-kote primer ,i got it from a local carbody paint shop after losing big chunks of paint and was told the primer seals the whole area making a great base,mine was done a few years ago and is still in one piece.

If you want more of a red scheme whilst staying (somewhat) true to a Titan Legion, the Legio Magna or Legio Interfector might be better choices. However, the Legio Ulricon have no scheme on record, which opens you up to make one up, AND the Titan Legion served alongside the Night Lords during the Thramas Crusade, losing their flagship and many Titans in the process. In my opinion, if you want a Titan that is fluffy and allows you to experiment a little with the colour scheme, a lone member of the Legio Ulricon is the way to go :smile.:

Herewith, I present you with an award of 1500 internets for this idea. I have been toying around with the idea of a faded blue (similar to my plague marines) -perhaps offset with brownish bone- and golden trim, and you just made it possible. The Legio Ulricon it shall be. In your honour, the last titan's princeps shall be named Arenis.   

Haha! You're welcome :) *jealously hoards his new internets*

You certainly went all out on your first vow! Shame your night lords were not the variety from 10000 years ago, you could have pledged for the heresy forum haha

The primer your looking for is called Plasti-kote..it worked for Daemonclaws titan and that bugger must be ten yrs old!

Good luck with your vow and will be keeping an eager eye on this thread

OK guys, here is my first update.

I'd like some feedback on the prospective colour scheme I'll be using for my warhound. Remember, I'm looking for a colour scheme that is not the same as, but complements my Night Lords. I made some testers. Which one do you think looks the best?

Yellow/Bone (Legio Vulcanum I

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140504_003_zps13414e2b.jpg

Faded blue/Bone Legio Ulricon

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140504_004_zpse7b93a18.jpg

Green/Bone Legio Mortis

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140504_005_zpsf5ba76be.jpg

Also worked on the first raptor squad. Only flesh, reds and bone to go.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140504_006_zpscead97b2.jpg

Replies:

i am sure the primer is called plasti-kote primer ,i got it from a local carbody paint shop after losing big chunks of paint and was told the primer seals the whole area making a great base,mine was done a few years ago and is still in one piece.

Thanks! That helps. I'll see if I can get my hands on some. 

If you want more of a red scheme whilst staying (somewhat) true to a Titan Legion, the Legio Magna or Legio Interfector might be better choices. However, the Legio Ulricon have no scheme on record, which opens you up to make one up, AND the Titan Legion served alongside the Night Lords during the Thramas Crusade, losing their flagship and many Titans in the process. In my opinion, if you want a Titan that is fluffy and allows you to experiment a little with the colour scheme, a lone member of the Legio Ulricon is the way to go http--,,--//image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Haha! You're welcome :smile.: *jealously hoards his new internets*

Those internets can be redeemed anywhere on the web! Serioulsy thanks man. The above was made possible by you.

Wow, that Warhound has a lot of parts.

I bet we will see a lot of organic decorations on it.

Everey feet from the ankel down has 34 parts! I'm going to decoraty the :cuss out of it. Body parts, skulls, marines, etc.

That is going to look amazing

You certainly went all out on your first vow! Shame your night lords were not the variety from 10000 years ago, you could have pledged for the heresy forum haha

The primer your looking for is called Plasti-kote..it worked for Daemonclaws titan and that bugger must be ten yrs old!

Good luck with your vow and will be keeping an eager eye on this thread

Cheers mate!