++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Although all the test colors would look great, I think the green would seriously just counter the NL blue too much. The yellow would look great as would the blue and bone scheme.

I will be starting my raptors tomorrow so I'll be checking back here for inspiration (ie - ideas to steal :) )

Yellow/Bone (Legio Vulcanum I

The yellow glow is my favourite. So that would make it my favourite scheme. As for how that matches your NLs, well I don't really know honestly.  

I really like the Faded blue/Bone Legio Ulricon would match the dark blues of your night lords really well, and it looks fantastic in it's own right.

Aye, blue and bone! Your bone recipe looks awesome, so you should def flaunt it a bit.

And I can back up the recommendation for Plastikote primer. It can be a little pungent and fumey, but it's well worth it. *Way* smoother than GW and even Army Painter primers. Plus I have sprayed it straight over FW resin without a pre-primer wash on a good half dozen occasions, and had zero problems. Not that I would recommend primering FW stuff like that, but at least you know you won't have those tiny crevices causing problems once you've put that giant beast together!

200Plus: (tied on yellow and blue) You're right about the green. Thanks buddy. I'll be saving that colour for when (if) I ever do a Sons of Medusa chapter. 

Dragonkin: (Blue) :thumbsup:

Yogi: (Yellow) Thanks man. I was really surprised the yellow came out so well! I was so pleased with the result I almost considered starting a pre-heresy Imperial Fists army. Almost.

TJWyrm: (Yellow) Yeah it's like I said: I want it to complement my Night Lords army. Blue and Yellow both do that, but I don't want it to stand out.

B E N: (Blue) Thanks man!

Forte: (Blue)

Barabbas Sogalan: (Blue)

MrBear: (Blue) 

Flint:13: (Blue) And thanks for the primer advice.

Green: 0

Yellow: 3

Blue: 7

So 7 for Blue and 2 for yellow. And a tie between both colours... I guess the Warhound is going to be Blue-Bone!

Thank you all for your feedback! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DANG! Triple post. Sorry guys, just eager to share progress. I've done quite a lot on the Warhound today.

• cut all weapon mounts in half and dremeled holes wide enough for 15mmx3mm N48 neodinium magnets in them. I put them in with two component glue and some green stuff. 
  • did the same for the pelvis joint, but with two 30mmx4mm N48 magnets in both sides. 
  • constructed the double barreled turdo laser destroyer with pins and two component glue.
  • pinned and glued the gun-servitors into the main hull.  
  • pinned and glued the engine blocks onto the main hull.

AND, lastly, I converted a dreadnought from left-over parts. He'll be resting comfortably under a crowfoot of the Warhound. In nice green Dark Angel colours - as a revenge for the losses suffered by the Night Lords and Legio Ulricon during the Thramas Campaign. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140505_005_zpsd623f002.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140505_006_zps37d3d0f6.jpg

Love the DA dread idea. I don't know how many times I have added dead DA to my Wolves over the years :)  Have you thought about removing some of the missiles from the launcher arm on the dread? Doesn't matter I know, but little things like that add flavor I suppose. Looks like he fired everything and had no effect at all.

Just wanted to break the cycle and insure there was no quadruple post LoL

I think I like the yellow/bone version the best. Whatever that yellow recipe is, it's hypnotically beautiful in an oddly sick-looking way and I want to see loads more of it. I also think it has better contrast between the two colors than the other ones. Plus, yellow is a great contrast to blue. 

Love the DA dread idea. I don't know how many times I have added dead DA to my Wolves over the years :smile.:  Have you thought about removing some of the missiles from the launcher arm on the dread? Doesn't matter I know, but little things like that add flavor I suppose. Looks like he fired everything and had no effect at all.

Just wanted to break the cycle and insure there was no quadruple post LoL

Thanks! I drilled all holes out, except one. :thumbsup:

I think I like the yellow/bone version the best. Whatever that yellow recipe is, it's hypnotically beautiful in an oddly sick-looking way and I want to see loads more of it. I also think it has better contrast between the two colors than the other ones. Plus, yellow is a great contrast to blue. 

I agree about the yellow - I actually considered starting an IF army. What about in stead of bone I contrast the Blue with the Yellow? :-)

Those terminators look ace! Can't wait to see the finished Warhound! 

Thanks. They need their metal redone with my more recent technique though. 

mmm... warhound.

glad you went with the Ulricon scheme, imho it was by far the schexiest!

I aimed for schexy, so :thumbsup:

Just a tiny update on my Warhound progress: the crow foot covering the dreadnought. Tomorrow will see a bigger update. :-)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140509_0011_zpscf43607a.jpg

Replies:

I'd say make up another test and see how it looks. It seems like it would really pop. 

I will. Tomorrow!

All looking good Raass! That warhound is gonna look sweet...you got a name for her yet?
You definitely seem to be getting through your vow in good order. .
Cant wait to see more mate!

No name for the dread yet. The princeps will be named after someone. I a hurry now so can't remember who. 

The build of the Warhound is almost complete! It's been great fun and sometimes a little strenuous constructing this beast. 

Magnets!

Everything is pretty much magnetized.

-The feet to the base

-The pelvis joint

-All six spikes on his back

-The two Void Shield generators

-The top carapace

-The head carapace

-The inner middle bulkhead and the umbilical cord attaching the dead techpriest to to the inner middle bulkhead (I want to be able to remove the bulkhead so it's easier to take pics of the inside (or is it innards?) of the titan

-The two weapon mounts.

Allegiance

As you see from the last tow pics I've definitely made the link of this titan, a unit from the Legio Ulricon, with the VIII Legion clear by putting the winged skull symbol of the Night Lords (taken from two Rhino doors) on the sides of the carapace. The colours will most likely be faded blue combined with yellow in stead of bone... I'm still not entirely sure... :unsure.:  

More to do:

-The only thing left is to wait on the arrival of four 12mmx5mm round N48 magnets to put in the weapons themselves.

-There's also plans to cover this baby in trophies: skulls, flesh hanging from nails, a couple of torso's and limbs, chains, etc.

-The base! Of course, there's a dreadnought. It'll look as the titan smashed the dread into a small building. The rest will look as though it's a desolated city scap, with a street, a street light, and some cables and fans. Maybe even a gutter. :yucky:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140511_001_zpsa8280eae.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140511_002_zps589fca8e.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140511_003_zps5e4883dc.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140511_004_zps7e5634e5.jpg