Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

I'm working on it! I'm working on it!

It's not easy, you know?

These things go up to 11.

The Munitorum proscribes that the tenth mark simply be moved to where the 11th currently rests, thereby spacing the same variance in volume between 10 marks rather than 11. Heretic. :biggrin.: (seriously though, I expect to see a dial with 11 settings on that speeder :P)

I'm stretching way to far for this reference, aren't I?

Edited by Servant of Dante

No progress to show on the Land Shrieker as I have to scratch build a blastmaster but have most of the bitz together now.

The sniper scouts, however, are done...

med_gallery_63428_9407_34908.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_38517.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_90811.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_192794.jpg

I may come back and add a bit to his cloak sometime. It's a bit plain for a squad leader.

med_gallery_63428_9407_173638.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_571241.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_483514.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_29323.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_990423.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_290031.jpg

I forgot to get a photo of it but the Khornate helmet trophy was shot through the right eye lens.

med_gallery_63428_9407_748673.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_6043.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_361897.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_452163.jpg

Oh my, wow. The missile launcher is my favorite, I'm glad to see that your magic with your raptors flamers worked on his weapon as well, better even. One suggestion, and I'm hesitant about offering it considering your skill compared to mine, but maybe have a bit of a back blast coming out of the launcher, just a little cloud to suggest the force propelling the warhead. In any event, awesome models as always.

Thanks for the comments. I've got enough missile launchers (of various types, which would be fitting for renegades) to do a Havoc squad armed with them sometime. I might do some of them 'firing' too.

Carrack, that's an excellent point! Backblast!

Though I think I'll leave it as it is, if only so the mini doesn't end up any larger than it already is.

Backblast would be more realistic though.

I scratchbuilt the land shrieker gunner's blast master. Once I've done the daemonic flesh and eye on the pilot's side it will all be ready for painting. :tu:

Note that the front plate is not yet glued down. I want to paint the crews legs and some of the interior first.

med_gallery_63428_9407_184767.jpg

You can see some of the...daemon...familiar? Perhaps it assists the pilot :) Oh and that'll be an eye.

med_gallery_63428_9407_91683.jpg

Here you can see more of the gunner’s blastmaster. The main length of the weapon i left featureless as those of the infantry-wielded blastmasters are too and I'll paint this one similarly.

It's not easy to see but a cable goes from the noise marine gunner’s mask into the weapon.

med_gallery_63428_9407_460747.jpg

I had originally intended to put trophies on top but I chose not to so I can show the paint scheme more there.

The trophies instead hang underneath on chains...to hit people.

med_gallery_63428_9407_67823.jpg

The weather's currently sleet and cold so no good for spraying undercoats :(

Tell that to the weather! As soon as it warms up I'll get some undercoating done. The land shrieker, raptor lord and some other models.

On the subject of the Lord...

I'll be doing pink as the main colour of my raptor lord (which would mean the trim in the case of most parts), with the inset plates of the left side blue. The 'muscle' bits.....likely lilac. Probably an orange Mohawk like my scouts, and tattoos on his bare scalp. As for the colour of the blade...Any suggestions? I'm tempted to go with something very different, like black or white...or one side one colour and the other side another colour.

Thanks!

I finally got the Land Shrieker and Raptor Lord undercoated...

And got started on the lord's pink.

Four coats of Fulgrim pink and the first highlight (50/50 Fulgrim/White, AKA "Sophusar Pink").

Next up will be a final highlight of 50/50 White/Sophusar, then a glaze (50/50 Lamian Medium/Carroburg Crimson AKA "Psychopomps Roseate" :D).

med_gallery_63428_9407_511212.jpg

Some painting progress on the raptor lord.

The pink and blue are finished. The purple has been base coated and washed, next I'll be bringing it back up to a striated pastel pink. This is a lovely sculpt and the muscle bits would look fantastic done as real raw muscle. I'd love to see someone do a Nurgle or Khornate one sometime.

med_gallery_63428_9407_108288.jpg

His left arm. Up this close you can see the different blues on the shoulder pad but on the table top they blend together better (plus there'll be a decal in the middle of the pad anyway).

med_gallery_63428_9407_461099.jpg

The wings of the jump pack will be a pale green (as the completed raptor squad were pink/green. Future squads will be pink/blue and pink/purple, with this guy ruling the roost ;) ).

I'm considering doing red plasma coils as red is not used in the army at all. What do you think?

Colours are looking great as always - but I'm not sure if a red would work. Might be too close to the pink, so maybe you'll need some other colours to offset it? Probably best to paint more of the model before deciding see what works, for example a darker/blood style redder black could work I reckon?

Yes, with his hair going to be orange like the snipers I would need to go for a darker red if I did red plasma. Difficult.

You make a good point about leaving it until later! I have his sword to do first!

EDIT: and talking of blood, I found I have a harlequin arm-with-sword left in my bits box. That's going on his base.

Hey Kierdale, I had an idea for your JP Lord's wings and wanted to run it by you; now this might be a bit of work but why not paint each of the feathers on his JP's wings a different colour, make it a real kaleidoscope of colours so that when this twisted angel of excess descends upon his foes they're blinded by this dazzling riot of colours, complete sensory overload.