Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

The land shrieker is looking amazing. I can tell that each part will be superb in its own light, the zebra striped hull, the leopard print interior, the touch of the warp, all of it, and taken together it's going to overload the senses, in a good way. I can't wait to see the finished project, and the big ones you got in your planned. I'd like to see you turn the dread into a sonic dread.

My vote would be for Doomrider, the Obliterators or the Dreadnought. Doomrider because, well, Doomrider, Obliterators because that concept  you came up with is awesome, and the Dreadnought because I'd love to see how you manage to salvage the atrocity that is the AoBR Dreadnought model with its horrible lack of detail, fused bits and general Snapfititis.

The Land Shrieker is complete!

Armed with a blast master and twin-linked doom boxes.

med_gallery_63428_9407_76875.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_327170.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_308378.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_291194.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_249006.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_216756.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_370491.jpg

The noise marine gunner: a member of the Death Knell sect of the Psychopomps, manning the blastmaster.

med_gallery_63428_9407_225949.jpg

The pilot: a member of the Pale Riders sect. Also visible is the Psychopomps icon on the rear tail fin and the leopard-print upholstery.

med_gallery_63428_9407_823701.jpg

"Choo lookin' a' me?"

The third 'member' of the crew.

med_gallery_63428_9407_320945.jpg

One of the Doom Boxes

med_gallery_63428_9407_94421.jpg

Trophies, blades and other danglies. A Templar helmet and a Khornate helmet here.

med_gallery_63428_9407_347039.jpg

And the 'clothes line' beneath the speeder.

med_gallery_63428_9407_1003671.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_355908.jpg

I'll get started on the dreadnaught: drop him in my vat of Simple Green, get the new legs and chest armour ready, start gathering other bits, but I'm holding off on armament until 8th edition comes out (and whether or not sonic dreads are still supported....then again sonic lands presets aren't and that didn't bother me much ;) ).

Once I've done a bit on that I'll see about Doom Rider and/or the Oblits.

Thank you, Maschinenpriester, the main parts of the doom boxes are simply the missile launchers from the land speeder kit. The daemonic face plate is from the accessories sprue you get with Chaos tanks (the mouth area had to be cut/drilled out). The grill inside is from a sprue made for upgrading Gundam and other mechas. You could probably get away with something else though, or even paint the inside black.

I hope that helps.

And if your 'friend' makes some, be sure to post a link here ;)

Wow, the Land Shrieker came out awesome. I particularly like the spikes on the front, the daemonic eye and the emblem on the side.

If you ever do another one, how about doing a "ramming prow" on the front?

I'd like to do more hanging blades, wires and the like on future speeders but I'm not sure about a ram. I think that might be a bit suicidal! :D

I'm working on the dreadnaught now and plan to make a couple more arm options. To do this I'll take a (oyumaru) mould of the existing 'shoulders'. My plan was to then make the new ones by putting Green Stuff into the moulds...then I thought 'does Oyumaru' take paint? It's certainly a lot cheaper than GS if I can ram Oyumaru (it's blue stuff overseas? Plastic that melts in hot water and goes hard once cooled) into an Oyumaru mould to replicate bulky bits (which, in the case of these dread shoulders, are going to need a fair bit of cutting etc afterwards anyway).

I waffle :D

I might do a test. That would better illustrate what I mean.

Sounds like a plan! For the optional missile launcher arm on my Chaos Dreadnought I used one of the Venerable Dreadnought shoulder shrouds and built up the rest of the shoulder with plasticard and a cut up old tank trap. Granted it looks a bit of a mess from certain angles but those will be covered up with extra detail/the bulk of the Dreadnought anyway.

Leggy. Handle with care.

Some WIP:

The forgefiend legs certainly give a height boost but I like it. Reminds me of Metal Gear Rex a bit, or the MGS4 Gekkos.

med_gallery_63428_9407_493927.jpg

And the right-chest plate is done. Eighteen spikes. The business end of steel pins.

med_gallery_63428_9407_170163.jpg

On the left-chest plate there will be a symbol of Slaanesh.

I haven't yet removed the 1kSons decoration from the middle plate and I'm still thinking about what I'd do there.

There will of course be trophies.

Perhaps a pair of Templar helmets hanging between the dread's legs. Or would that be too Transformers2?

Perhaps a pair of Templar helmets hanging between the dread's legs. Or would that be too Transformers2?

You sly devil you. :teehee:

He's looking good, though I will say with the bigger legs he's gonna need some bigger arms and shoulders to avoid him looking off. Perhaps a Talos arm for the CCW?

As far as trophies go, perhaps have something crucified on its back?

I decided, rather than planning on doing various arm options (and likely not getting around to doing them), I'm making it as a Sonic Dread and that's it. Blast master and missile launcher.

Here's today's WIP

med_gallery_63428_9407_449667.jpg

I think I'll add the Doom Siren to the right arm/shoulder to bulk that up.

And I'll see what I can scrounge up for a crucifixion.

Chun-Li :biggrin.:

I'll add some GS daemonic flesh to the arms and torso too so the upper half is not metal-only.

Aye, I reckon that should do the trick. It won't need much but it should make it look a lot more cohesive. FWIW, if you do another Dreadnought with extended legs to acompany him, the hooved legs from the 'Fiend kit work well (at least from what I've seen). It'd be shorter and squatter, mind you, but it still looks cool.

Are you going to be doing him in "standard" Psychopomps deco (if such a thing exists) or one of the more unusual schemes you've been doing for your vehicles?

Yes, I prefer the cloven hooved feet too but I'd already used them on the maulerfiend. When I do another fiend I'll keep the hooves aside for another dread ;)

I intend to do the dread in a 'standard' Psychopomps scheme of pastels, with the purple daemonic flesh that the maulerfiend has (and the 3rd crewmember of the landshrieker).

Very nice looking. Even if I am disappointed that doomrider wasn't next ;).

I ordered a tentacle maker last night so I may wait for that to arrive before finishing this dread, which will give m some time to get more work done on Doom Rider :tu: