ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

Contact chessex with the template you want. They'll make as many as you want. I used a png of the templar cross I found on google, on the 6 side. (It was 38 for 36 of them). If you gather other brothers to your cause, you can split the shipping. I ran into a guy at pax east, and he gave me his card, so I just went and did the order myself.

You know, we should really have some Templar events, to keep the Zeal going? Ie: BT specific Painting/modelling/writing challenges?

You mean outside of the ETL? or while it's going on?

Outside of it we do Crusade Expansions every now and again

Outside, preferably. It's hard enough finding stuff to do for ETL itself!laugh.png

No, but maybe, say a modeling challenge a couple of weeks before the ETL starts, or something like that. The DA (even though I hate to say it.) and the other subforums do mini-challenge stuff like that, for example the IG's "One for All" thing. A simple, tiny vow-like thing, to give the community a fun excuse to get censored.gif done. tongue.png

Fluff writing or model building events would be cool, where we, say, pledge to write a story of X words, or make the best castellan/chaplain/something model we can. Not really for the competition aspect, but for the motivation to push yourself to make that awesome model that's above what you do usually, or write that crusade/marshal fluff you've been postponing since founding your crusade (whistling.gif )

Fluff writing or model building events would be cool, where we, say, pledge to write a story of X words, or make the best castellan/chaplain/something model we can. Not really for the competition aspect, but for the motivation to push yourself to make that awesome model that's above what you do usually, or write that crusade/marshal fluff you've been postponing since founding your crusade (whistling.gif )

This. It'd be fun seeing what people come up with, and motivate everyone to do, even a small, write-up about their Crusade/Marshal/Sword Brother/Initiate/Neophyte/Etc....

Oh boy. I've been out a while, busy with xenos and tables.... long story.

Totally forgot about this and now i see we've been left fighting alone? Not that i don't like our chances, Templars are Templars, but i'm afraid i'm late to the party.

There's still room for one more sword?

Well, a couple of years ago, during the Call of Chaos, the BTs run the "Enemy at the Gates" event, painting only Chaplains in response to that obscenity... :D some of you may remember it, and some still carry the badge!

As the Call will run again this year (and aspires to become an annual event), if there is enough interest we can run the "Enemy at the Gates" again concurrently and possibly with an expanded scope of other units too... :)

Edit: stupid autocorrect...

Look to the heavens, for our swords are endless, and our brethern always ready for the call.

http://i.imgur.com/DJrSVXT.jpg

As I finish my first vow, the second grows in strength beyond measure!

I'm working out the details, but I should be able to post a 3,000 point vow pretty soon once my stuff gets in the mail and I finish putting together/priming a few models. I think I can handle that in about 1 month and a half. If I understand everything correctly, the competition ends July 31st and I can do multiple vows? Probably just break down the 3k into multiple vows then, just to be safe.

I'm working out the details, but I should be able to post a 3,000 point

vow pretty soon once my stuff gets in the mail and I finish putting

together/priming a few models. I think I can handle that in about 1

month and a half. If I understand everything correctly, the competition

ends July 31st and I can do multiple vows? Probably just break down the

3k into multiple vows then, just to be safe.

a. That is awesome!

b. Yes. It's a good strategy to break up the total amount and make several vows. First off, if you vow the whole amount and "Life Happens" (as it does), then you lose the whole amount. If you vow in increments, you can better manage your workload and you can stop vowing at any time. As long as you complete the points for the last vow made, then all the points will count.

Another point that often gets left out is the excitement and ZEAL that gets generated when your team adds to their points each reporting period (weekly). The way you make that happen is by people cycling through their vows on a regular basis. Not everyone has to do that, some people just like to work on a big slug, but it's nice when you have the timing down and you just see vow after vow after vow coming in, it's very inspiring.

So to recap, get your stuff. Pick out around 300-400 points for your first vow and have at it. Once you get your pace down, then pick off another chunk and go to town.

Cheers,

Yeah we can put something together like that. I'll work on some stuff and after the ETL is over (unless you guys want to do something before then) we'll post something up.

That'd be cool. I'm out of Chaplains though, and not planning to get new ones!

There is no such thing as too much ZEAL Brother.

@Ace: Awesome. We'll focus on the ETL first. I can barely do one thing right, let alone juggle 2 challenges! laugh.png

@Honda: Correct. But there is also no such thing as to many Land Raiders. If you know what I mean. msn-wink.gif

Yeah we can put something together like that. I'll work on some stuff and after the ETL is over (unless you guys want to do something before then) we'll post something up.

Cool! I agree that after the ETL is probably better timing. Let's focus our zeal on a single target at a time and obliterate it!

How about a "Model your persona" event? ;)

How about a "Model your persona" event? msn-wink.gif

Wasn't Eberious already doing that for everyone?

Archived