ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

Well, a couple of years ago, during the Call of Chaos, the BTs run the "Enemy at the Gates" event, painting only Chaplains in response to that obscenity... :D some of you may remember it, and some still carry the badge!

As the Call will run again this year (and aspires to become an annual event), if there is enough interest we can run the "Enemy at the Gates" again concurrently and possibly with an expanded scope of other units too... :)

Edit: stupid autocorrect...

We were there and we shall be there again!

Well, a couple of years ago, during the Call of Chaos, the BTs run the "Enemy at the Gates" event, painting only Chaplains in response to that obscenity... :D some of you may remember it, and some still carry the badge!

As the Call will run again this year (and aspires to become an annual event), if there is enough interest we can run the "Enemy at the Gates" again concurrently and possibly with an expanded scope of other units too... :)

Edit: stupid autocorrect...

We were there and we shall be there again!

I wasn't there, but I will be this time! I need a couple of foot-slogging chaplains so this will be a good excuse ;)

@SlaveofDarkness (truthful name, at least!) : Aspiring to be as good as the UM? You think we look up to those guys Cowards (to quote Dorn) who didn't fight at Terra (on both occasions?)? The Chapter who lost more than half their number, including their Veteran Company in an invasion on their Homeworld? Yeah....

Keep licking the heels of your precious Black Fail Legion, who are everything you aspire to be. 

Now, please remain calm, as a Crusade has been dispatched to your position. Repent your sins, and your death will be quick. As far as burning alive can be quick.

http://media.tumblr.com/81b5b1dd0c277a2d1ae63c80fd1ab504/tumblr_inline_mi0ra4lQGb1qfmasz.gif

Hehe http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/arrows-0057.gif

@SlaveofDarkness (truthful name, at least!) : Aspiring to be as good as the UM? You think we look up to those guys Cowards (to quote Dorn) who didn't fight at Terra (on both occasions?)? The Chapter who lost more than half their number, including their Veteran Company in an invasion on their Homeworld? Yeah....

Keep licking the heels of your precious Black Fail Legion, who are everything you aspire to be. 

Now, please remain calm, as a Crusade has been dispatched to your position. Repent your sins, and your death will be quick. As far as burning alive can be quick.

pffft, black legion? i fart in their general direction, and sorry for making them miss terra, was busy bullying them at calth. 

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png You Chaos guys crack me up.Plus you owe me a screen.

just take what you need from the ultramarines, i did

Although they are weak and have taken to cavorting with deamonic witches (for which they will burn), I do believe, that even after your cowardly attack on Calth, the Ultramarines kicked your censored.gif good and proper. thumbsup.gif

Typical of the chaotic, they burn our house because they don't like "daddy" , then they run off and hide in their new place when kicked out, then spend 10,000 years moaning trying to get out of their new house because they don't like the land lords.

Never happy, that lot. If they are that unhappy, they can run over here and i will happily solve all their ills with my power sword. biggrin.png

10337724_10203237754560891_4147212208885

muahahahahaha *runs off*

Maybe I'm a bit new, but it looks like he's looking above the UM, knowing he's a superior soldier. The Templar symbol is number 1 when you consider it's a countdown to the best chapter.

10337724_10203237754560891_4147212208885

muahahahahaha *runs off*

I would have thought it patently obvious to any fool, but apparently we have to explain it to the heretics...again.

The Emperor saves his "best" for last.

Initiate: Know why the lights are always on in the Eye of Terror?

Neophyte: No, brother, why?

Initiate: Chaos is afraid of the dark <ba-dum-dum>

Alright! We're still doing ok. With 5700pts completed we're really doing well. Keeping in mind that Jirt completed his 10K vow for the AoD's, we aren't leading in completions anymore, but that won't be long. We've got the most people, so we should be able to do this.

Completions are where it's at, so keep the Zeal going, and keep vowing people, the Templars are still in it to win it!! thumbsup.gif

For Dorn, Sigismund and the Emperor!

In related news: I'm expecting some....additions to my own 4th vow today. devil.gif

well im rooting for the templars to win it (AFTER chaos of course), keep up the good work. also, something i started for a laugh, might get round to finishing them one day 10274227_694575273935166_5387958890690054490_n.jpg   gonna stop hijacking y our thread now. good luck

I am once again frustrated that I cannot seem to find the time to complete my first vow. You'd think it would take less than 2 weeks to complete 2 vehicles. pinch.gif

But alas, it will get done when it get's done. I don't want to put out something below my standards.

That being said.....

***goes before the Reclusiarch***

Chaplain: "What is your oath?"

Me: I will complete my vow before the next update, to bring honor to the chapter"

Chaplain: "Swear it again"

Me: BY DORN I SWEAR IT!!!

Well, well, well. My request for reinforcements got approved, and they're starting to dribble in!

Currently on my table, ready for Vow4:

-5 Vanguards, 4 With TH/SS, 1 PW. (possibly a 5th SS, need to check to see if I can find one.) (No JP's, as I'm gonna use these guys as Sword Brothers for my Crusaders.)

-Devastator Squad, 4x Plasma Cannon, Sword Brother with PF. (milking for points honestly....)

And! Despite my Sternguard being delayed by a week, I did use some bits lying around to create:

1 Captain: AA, Relic Blade, SS, Jump Pack. (he will to be painted as a BT, but it'll be Son of Dorn, as will the Sternguard....msn-wink.gif )

After adding the Sternguard and the Talon I've got left, that'd give me +-880pts for Vow 4. devil.gif

I am once again frustrated that I cannot seem to find the time to complete my first vow. You'd think it would take less than 2 weeks to complete 2 vehicles. pinch.gif

But alas, it will get done when it get's done. I don't want to put out something below my standards.

That being said.....

***goes before the Reclusiarch***

Chaplain: "What is your oath?"

Me: I will complete my vow before the next update, to bring honor to the chapter"

Chaplain: "Swear it again"

Me: BY DORN I SWEAR IT!!!

I hear you. I can't finish 1 dreadnought and 16 marines. And there's a guy who finished a vow worth 10K points. That's a bit... discouraging? motivating? I'm really not sure which.

It's ok, it's been confirmed that member is actually one of santa's elves.  He finished his vow in between making toys for 300,000 children.

Here I am spending an entire day slowly drawing lines on a tank...and realizing how much better it looks then the last 7 tanks I did.  Maybe my 3rd vow should be to repaint my entire collection...

I am starting to become disheartened by the fact that I still haven't finished my vanguard and speeders however, zeal will continue to push me to complete this vow.

Archived