ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

it's the bulk paining that is killing me, worked out a system though, im painting half a squad then doing a character or something to break it up (benefit of a vow with 10 hq choices in it) and throwing in the occasional space wolf so that im not just painting black the entire time

I am once again frustrated that I cannot seem to find the time to

complete my first vow. You'd think it would take less than 2 weeks to

complete 2 vehicles. pinch.gif

But alas, it will get done when it get's done. I don't want to put out something below my standards.

That being said.....

***goes before the Reclusiarch***

Chaplain: "What is your oath?"

Me: I will complete my vow before the next update, to bring honor to the chapter"

Chaplain: "Swear it again"

Me: BY DORN I SWEAR IT!!!

I hear you. I can't finish 1 dreadnought and 16 marines. And there's a

guy who finished a vow worth 10K points. That's a bit... discouraging?

motivating? I'm really not sure which

I am starting to become disheartened by the fact that I still haven't

finished my vanguard and speeders however, zeal will continue to push me

to complete this vow.

ARE THESE THE COMMENTS OF TEMPLARS? SURELY THAT IS NOT TRUE, FOR OUR UNDERTAKING HAS JUST BEGUN.

A TEMPLAR UNDERSTANDS WHAT IT MEANS TO START SOMETHING AND SEE IT TO ITS FINISH. A TEMPLAR RECOGNIZES THAT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE CHALLENGES, THAT'S WHY THE EMPEROR SENT THE TEMPLARS TO DEAL WITH THE ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE. A TEMPLAR REMEMBERS THAT HIS WORD IS HIS HONOR AND HE WOULD NEVER GIVE CAUSE TO HAVE IT DISPUTED.

A TEMPLAR REALIZES THAT HIS BRETHREN BELIEVE HE WILL BE VICTORIOUS, FOR IN HIS HEART LIES HIS PURPOSE, HIS RESOLVE, HIS...ZEAL!!!

A TEMPLAR WHO DOES NOT USE HIS ZEAL IS AN OPPORTUNITY LOST. A TEMPLAR WHO DOES NOT USE HIS ZEAL, DISAPPOINTS NOT ONLY HIMSELF, BUT HIS CHAPTER, HIS CAPTAIN, HIS PRIMARCH, AND HIS EMPEROR.

OBVIOUSLY, A TEMPLAR WOULD NEVER ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN.

A TEMPLAR IS ZEAL.

THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME AND CANNOT BE SEPARATED.

THE ONLY REAL QUESTION A TEMPLAR WILL ASK HIMSELF IS THIS, "WILL I USE THE EMPEROR BLESSED ZEAL THAT HE HAS INFUSED IN MY BEING NOW?"

THERE ARE TWO POSSIBLE ANSWERS.

FOR A TEMPLAR, THERE IS ONLY ONE.

ZEAL!

Aaaaaand....BOOM! Just like that Zeal levels have returned to normal!

Brothers. I confess to being lax in my work. I have not painted as much as I could. But, I promise you this. My Land Raider is at the verge of being completed, some touch-ups and detail work is all that's left. Tommorow, look to the East ETL Strategium! devil.gif

Chaplain Honda. While your words certainly inspire more Zeal in me, perhaps you misunderstand my comment. There is no doubt my vow will be finished and more added and finished in turn, yet I had hoped to match the speed of some of my brothers who have already completed one or more vows. Alas that time has not permitted me this honor. But I will succeed....

MY VOW IS MY HONOR, NONE SHALL DISPUTE IT!

I will be posting my completion tomorrow morning (literally just have to finish the storm-bolter gunner). Not sure what to vow next - most of my stuff is kinda half-painted from many years ago. I could probably piece together some kind of 5-man command/honour squad, or put together my drop pods for what it's worth. I have a poor painted dread legs/torso with new unpainted ironclad arms, maybe the good captain will let me vow that, given that I'll be painting over anything from before.

Is it just me or does this model just scream " SIGISMUND ".

Not cheap, but might have to get one, just because.

Just so you know, these miniatures are slightly bigger that 40K scale. I'm not entirely sure about the validity of this information, but I recall someone saying that. Can anyone confirm that?

Yes, they are slightly larger. I got some of their Legionaries for my Custodes, which are bigger than your standard marine, so that worked out fine. I think he'd be Ok as a character because awesome.

I wouldn't mix Scibor with GW in one unit though unless you were compensating their height via your basing.

I do like the Scibor stuff a lot.

Is it just me or does this model just scream " SIGISMUND ".

Not cheap, but might have to get one, just because.

Just so you know, these miniatures are slightly bigger that 40K scale. I'm not entirely sure about the validity of this information, but I recall someone saying that. Can anyone confirm that?

Sigismund was the best of us, larger than life some might say, or a true scale hero of the Imperium.

Either way, I suppose you could field him as Marshall or Castellan, I just think the figure is awsome. Needs a better back pack though.

Yes, they are slightly larger. I got some of their Legionaries for my Custodes, which are bigger than your standard marine, so that worked out fine. I think he'd be Ok as a character because awesome.

I wouldn't mix Scibor with GW in one unit though unless you were compensating their height via your basing.

I do like the Scibor stuff a lot.

Do you have pics of these figures, possibly next to a standard marine? I would be most grateful.

Honda.

I had a look at your Horus Heresy folder, I think I found the Custodes, great figures by the way, they look awsome as squad and hold the individuality I always thought the Custodes would have in their armour.

Thanks for the picture of the Scibor figure next to the Terminator, wow, they are quite a bit taller than a standard Marine. But Sigismund was issued with the best Articifer Armour and the best weapons, so he would be bigger. whistlingW.gif

I think I will get the figure just because I want it. I don't play 30K so can't use it as Sigismund, but it will make a great Marshall in AA with a Relic Blade and the Shield Eternal (i think thats right).

Thanks again for taking the pic for me.

I actually have that specific model. I think I'm going to use him as my Marshal.  The size is comparable to TDA and the backpack it has molded onto it fits in with TDA as well. Sadly they are just too big to really be PA.  Here are the pics I took a while back when I first posted about him

This was at a time when I was trying to use him as PA. I've since given up on that and have put a GK termie head on him

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/IMG_20110427_115134.jpgI

Edit. Also I've since stripped and re-primed what I had done on him so I'm going to vow him for the ETL with the Burning Blade, Shield Eternal and Armor Indomitus :lol:

The size is comparable to TDA and the backpack it has molded onto it

fits in with TDA as well. Sadly they are just too big to really be PA.

I think the above comment is the key point. They are comparable to TDA, or close enough that nobody cares. I like the figure as well and think he would make an awesome Marshal (i.e. Chapter Master). He's got lots of stuff on him that will equate to our codex goodies and I think you'll enjoy painting him.

had a look at your Horus Heresy folder, I think I found the Custodes,

great figures by the way, they look awsome as squad and hold the

individuality I always thought the Custodes would have in their armour.

I think that's what got me excited about the figs. They looked like Custodes from a lot of the artwork we've seen and they are intimidating enough that they look the part. I actually got them to be part of a combined Templars/Custodes force for the Wars of Apostasy. When I want  a little bling, I use them as standard termies in my Templars.

Onwards!

Brothers, I owe you all an apology. Life has been fleeting and horrific, the crusade has suffered for my transgressions... BUT NO MORE, I SHALL NOT SUFFER THE WILL TO BE UNCLEAN, I SHALL NOT FAIL MY VOWS, I AM ZEALOUS!

We have all stumbled in the attempt to deliver a fatal blow. This often comes from slipping upon the blood of our enemies.

NOW STAND UP AND STRIKE DOWN YOUR FOES!!!

Tis not a stumble, but a feint meant to make our foes overconfident. But there is no stopping Zeal. There is no end to our crusade. Even in death we serve our brothers and our emperors cause!

I am once again frustrated that I cannot seem to find the time to complete my first vow. You'd think it would take less than 2 weeks to complete 2 vehicles. pinch.gif

But alas, it will get done when it get's done. I don't want to put out something below my standards.

That being said.....

***goes before the Reclusiarch***

Chaplain: "What is your oath?"

Me: I will complete my vow before the next update, to bring honor to the chapter"

Chaplain: "Swear it again"

Me: BY DORN I SWEAR IT!!!

MY WORD IS MY HONOR,

MY HONOR IS MY LIFE.

NONE CAN DISPUTE IT!

VOW COMPLETE!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/IMG_9908_zpsce6fb6ce.jpg

More pics available in my crusade thread (link in my sig)

Archived