Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Hey guys and girls :)

Here's a little WIP shot of stuff to come:

hR7RJct.jpg

Also, I really have to say it's super awesome to be able to basically paint a whole 30k army in tiny scale at the same speed as a single 32mm scale unit haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kratos Heavy Assault Tank

Sons of Horus Legion, Amytastarak Support Reserve Formation, Vth squadron

The Kratos Heavy Assault Tank is based on an ancient Terran pattern fielded during the Unification of Old Earth, redesigned after the Emperor signed the Treaty of Mars with the Tech-Priests of the ancient Martian Mechanicum to serve as the spearhead of the Great Crusade. It was intended to be a line-breaker and foe hammer extraordinaire. This grinding main battle tank is all but impervious to enemy fire, and its steady, inexorable advance provided an indomitable core to any assault by the Legiones Astartes, enforced by a barrage of overwhelming firepower.

K5IF5Vp.jpg

The Kratos originally served as a dedicated infantry support tank and the powerful shells of its heavy cannon could quickly open a path through massed enemies for any Astartes or mortal support infantry that followed in its wake. However, the Kratos was determined to be obsolete in the final years of the Great Crusade and was later retired from active service when the Legiones Astartes began to favour faster, more multi-purpose armoured vehicles such as the ubiquitous Predator tank, a fate similiar to that of the mighty Stormbirds or the dreaded Lucifer Pattern Dreadnoughts. 

That said, the demand of the Horus Heresy would see vehicles formerly utilised in reserve formations used again for frontline services, while new numbers of Kratos Heavy Assault Tanks would be produced by both sites in a fight of astartesean warfare.

jqz0Qi5.jpg

Ia36wtz.jpg

REF2kRc.jpg

+ Addendum +

Sons of Horus Legion Icon (Primal Armorial)

34WUO2r.jpg

5ocXC4Q.jpg

Edited by Atia

• 4 weeks later...

+ + Addendum + +

Sons of Horus Demi Company with Legio Mortis Titanicus Support

jOmGC28.jpg

8XRALHj.jpg

Yc59sGG.jpg

G6hQzDK.jpg

XLqSPBc.jpg

Note: Predator Annihilator Heavy Support Squadron

fbEpgJh.jpg

Note: House Devine Baronial Court

n5SnOpa.jpg

VoC6xEF.jpg

RreKtE2.jpg

Note: Mars-pattern Thunderhawk Gunship

RGUzbK9.jpg

e4193nS.jpg

sPkNzZE.jpg

tdN9OMh.jpg

27 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

They look great :thumbsup:

Thank ya! I'm actually done with the first wave for my Sons of Horus, so next I'll work a bit more on my Legio Mortis and Traitor Knights, 'till I get my hands on some support boxes and Spartans!