Hmm, I was thinking of something more like these, although this is just my personal preference:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3 (Top row, third from the right)

As for the shield I found a few sheets of different examples we might find useful, have a look:

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

Hope these help Conn. :happy.:

They do, thanks. The one I posted was just the first image to pop up in my search that had the gist of it.

Of your examples, I like Example 3's crown, on Sheet 2 (middle row, far right) shield.

If everyone agrees, I'll stick with it.

As for placement of the crown and shield, I'd prefer the basic setup like shown above. The Lords Inviolate have a halved scheme. So I see the shield having the other side's color, with the crown the same color as side it's on.

Still, it might be simpler to make the shield a different colour to the armour all together, just for easing of painting/drawing? A nice gunmetal gray would probably work and stand out nicely against both the bone and pink. It's always good to have options.

It's supposed to be violet. Lords Inviolate, lords in violet. :D

I'll leave the colors alone for now, as Blaz makes them all a standard shade anyways. For the purpose of the commission, the shield will be in his light grey and the crown will be a cutout.

Does everyone agree with the shape of the shield and crown?

Hey, I calls'em like I see's em Conn, and that is definitely a nice rosey pink.

That set-up looks good to me, I look forward to seeing the Lords In-suspiciously-pink-violate join the family of illustrious illustrated Liberites.

The clubhouse isn't much fun with just us and the Conflagrators, they keep trying to replace the lumen globes with burning heretics. Admittedly the light they provide is great but the near-constant screaming and twice-an-hour rate of replacement is intolerable.

The Sons have been paid for as of an hour ago, so I expect they'll be joining soon enough.

A new commission. I'll be keen to see the results in a day or two. ^_^

...And that's how the Scarlet Sentinels became labelled as Excommunicate Traitoris. :tongue.:

To borrow a quote: "Death is nothing compared to vindication." :wink:

Quoting a heretic? :ohmy.:

Can I get a Conflagrator over here? :laugh.:

Can I get a Conflagrator over here? :laugh.:

med_gallery_60566_6038_55293.png

So how's that EWC going on?

Still at one and a half stories. I'll make that two and a half at the weekend with my contribution.

Next week, on This is the Liber Cluster . . .

So how's that EWC going on?

Well, after a week-long bout with Writer's Block (my eternal nemesis) I've managed to churn out a sizable addition to my ongoing story, it's not ready to add to the rest of the post on Page.96 but I may be nearing the end, time will tell.

Also, Olis! Ace! Be truthful now, don't the Lords Inviolate look pink?! Come-on brothers, I can't be the only one who sees it! :ohmy.:

Also, Olis! Ace! Be truthful now, don't the Lords Inviolate look pink?! Come-on brothers, I can't be the only one who sees it! :ohmy.:

It's...

Bah! I should have known better than to ask a Moderati to side against one of his brethren... :pinch:

Well, the colour on the image provided is definitely Warlock Purple.
I spend way too much time on the painters. :laugh.:

That said, GW did rename the colour to Screamer Pink, but when they did that they also changed the recipe to make it visibly less pink. :wacko.:

So at this point, I think you can get away with calling it either, and still be right. :happy.:

EDIT:

med_gallery_60566_6038_55293.png

Dat Mace Tho :ohmy.:

Okay, one, nobody likes a fence-sitter Ace. Pick a side. The right side. The purple side.

Two, I wanna meme that Conflagrator. Two panel zoom to his helm, "Hi. I'm going to burn you now."

Well, the colour on the image provided is definitely Warlock Purple. 

I spend way too much time on the painters. :laugh.:

That said, GW did rename the colour to Screamer Pink, but when they did that they also changed the recipe to make it visibly less pink. :wacko.:

So at this point, I think you can get away with calling it either, and still be right. :happy.:

HA! You see?! You see?! Vindication! :laugh.:

EDIT: 

I wanna meme that Castigator Conflagrator.

FTFY:whistling:

Archived