Hell-Fenn (This is the finalised spelling, right?)

Whichever the group prefers. Most of the people who have been talking about have left out the hyphen, then there's quite a mix of double or single Ls and Ns :laugh.: I have a slight preference for Hellfenn (to make it look slightly more exotic then a german word), but I'm fine with Helfen too.

Hmm, not sure which planet I'll pick, I might wait until the final two planets have been put forward. That said I'm leaning slightly towards Caecus at the moment, I figure since the Lions lost Zavatista (their main fuel supply) and Barluarte (perhaps their biggest naval port) a large portion of the remaining Serekei fleet might seek to re-group and re-fuel at Caecus's Refinery-Stations.

A good insight, brother. My own take on a potential battle on Caecus, admittedly, had nothing to do with naval elements. I was thinking more along the lines of small scale skirmishes in the depths of the clouds, cat and mouse games, while trying to avoid a grisly and unknowable fate... :happy.:

Of course, these aren't mutually exclusive. However, I shudder to think what would happen if the Conflagrators went into those clouds...

Hmm, not sure which planet I'll pick, I might wait until the final two planets have been put forward. That said I'm leaning slightly towards Caecus at the moment, I figure since the Lions lost Zavatista (their main fuel supply) and Barluarte (perhaps their biggest naval port) a large portion of the remaining Serekei fleet might seek to re-group and re-fuel at Caecus's Refinery-Stations.

A good insight, brother. My own take on a potential battle on Caecus, admittedly, had nothing to do with naval elements. I was thinking more along the lines of small scale skirmishes in the depths of the clouds, cat and mouse games, while trying to avoid a grisly and unknowable fate... :happy.:

Of course, these aren't mutually exclusive. However, I shudder to think what would happen if the Conflagrators went into those clouds...

I suppose it all depends on what they find down there in the fog, I deliberately gave Caecus this mysterious quality so people could go a little wild if they liked and do something dramatic.

We haven't really had the Black Judges really get into disagreements with other Chapters yet, which doesn't seem at all right to me. :laugh.:

There's also a great chance for another Chapter to tackle the defences on Ogris while the Black Judges visit their own brand of justice on Naxa Secundus. :tongue.:

Anyone got a Chapter they want to volunteer?

It would be kinda funny to see what happens between the Black Judges and the Conflagrators, to be sure. Although I wouldn't mind sending them down onto Caecus for a mauling. Choices, choices...

I vote Helfen. As a chaos player I see the word Hell as a prefix far too often.

The Iron Ravagers and Angels Exultant will take on unnamed world 2.

Also, for Caecus, I have two thoughts people may want to explore

the macra from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridlock_(Doctor_Who)

and daemonworld

Helfen it is. I'll update the post.

My own take on Caecus would be a little bit more Lovecraftian than the Macra. Well, a lot more Lovecraftian. ^_^

-snip-

It would be kinda funny to see what happens between the Black Judges and the Conflagrators, to be sure. Although I wouldn't mind sending them down onto Caecus for a mauling. Choices, choices...

-snip-

My own take on Caecus would be a little bit more Lovecraftian than the Macra. Well, a lot more Lovecraftian. :happy.:

Conflagrators already got to play with flammable environments, I imagine that the Sons of Calderon (they are in overall tactical command right?) wouldn't be too keen to let them get another such planet. In that vein, they should probably go to ogris, while the Black Judges "judge" Naxa Secundus.

Lovecraftian seems appropriate. I just meant some sort of tentacles horror. If I recall correctly, the Blackjaw Kindred are still loyal at this point right? Why not let them take on Caecus. Cajun Marines versus Ancient Eldritch Horror sounds fun.

Conflagrators already got to play with flammable environments, I imagine that the Sons of Calderon (they are in overall tactical command right?) wouldn't be too keen to let them get another such planet. In that vein, they should probably go to ogris, while the Black Judges "judge" Naxa Secundus.

Lovecraftian seems appropriate. I just meant some sort of tentacles horror. If I recall correctly, the Blackjaw Kindred are still loyal at this point right? Why not let them take on Caecus. Cajun Marines versus Ancient Eldritch Horror sounds fun.

You know what? I think you're right. The Conflagrators will go to Ogris.

And tentacles are sooo 2010. I'd rather infest Caecus with spindly creatures, fog-faces, human-shapes and other mysterious things from other dimensions (the warp? Pah!). ^_^

-snip-

And tentacles are sooo 2010. I'd rather infest Caecus with spindly creatures, fog-faces, human-shapes and other mysterious things from other dimensions (the warp? Pah!). :happy.:

I guess, lovecraft without at least a few tendrils just seems off to me though :wink:

-snip-

And tentacles are sooo 2010. I'd rather infest Caecus with spindly creatures, fog-faces, human-shapes and other mysterious things from other dimensions (the warp? Pah!). :happy.:

I guess, lovecraft without at least a few tendrils just seems off to me though :wink:

Heh. I'm just trying to think of ways to evoke modern varieties of Lovecraftian horror, like Zalgo or Slenderman. My own takes on the theme literally are dreamt up (I call them Shadow-men). 

Well, they should probably show up again in the third wave of the expansion into the 18 worlds crusade, and one of the planets fits those descriptors and needs to be taken. (a back up fuel planet that needs to be taken over now that the other is in shambles, but this time the Conflagrators are not allowed to come to the party.)

Also, whether or not the Blackjaw kindred will eventually return to the fold after the whole suicide bomber incident should probably be figured out at some point. But if I remember properly that was all after the EWC.

Okay, I go quiet for a while and now the Blackjaw Kindred are invading lost Carcosa, possibly with a special guest appearance by Hastur and the King in Yellow.

Oh, the King in Yellow. I hadn't thought of that. Interesting to harken an influence of Lovecraft himself. :smile.:

Okay, I go quiet for a while and now the Blackjaw Kindred are invading lost Carcosa, possibly with a special guest appearance by Hastur and the King in Yellow.

Would you believe I was actually thinking about The King in Yellow at the time I came up with Caecus? Unfortunately I haven't read TKIY or any Cthulhu books but I find the Lovecraftian mythos fascinating and have read up about them on Wikipedia.

The Watcher Waits

A children's dancing rhyme game from Caecus.

An excerpt from Lexicographer Muñoz’s The Eighteen Worlds and Their Penance

In my documentation of the peoples of the eighteen worlds, I have found none so full of blissful ignorance of their role in the heresy of the Sereiki Lions as the few villages atop Nidor. They seemed to be perfectly unaware that their planet had ever been occupied and were content to let the overseers and miners do what they would in peace, believing them to me messengers of the Yellowed God, their words for the Emperor. Such naive but kind people you would never expect to live on such a harsh death world, but it appears to be their overarching willingness to sacrifice themselves for others that allows them to survive here at all.

I believe these two facts to be a product of their educational system, which seems to be primarily a set of games that teach the necessary life skills to survive on their dangerous world. The first, their lack of recognition of the Sereiki Lions’s heresies seems to be a result of their lack of critical thinking, their methodology does not encourage doubt, and combined with their hardy forms, will likely make them ideal recruits for the guard. The second, a strong urge for self-sacrifice, is encouraged by many of their games, even those taught to the youngest children.

One such game I have called The Watcher Waits after some of the lyrics in the song that accompanies it. It is played by no fewer than five children. First they form up and dance around in a circle. Eventually a lead child, usually one of the oldest will point to another child, one of the smallest. The indicated child will then move into the middle of the continually moving circle and cover their eyes. Upon the ending of the song, whichever two children are closest will pick this child up and throw them across the circle where the indicated child will be caught by the other children in a trust exercise. The circle will repeat and the thrown child will then point to another child just as they were pointed at before.

The lyrics which usually accompany this game are included below, although there is often variance amongst the different villages and play groups:

Deep in Caecus

Far below

‘Neath the clouds

We daren’t go

For in those depths

Does silence grow,

The watcher waits

Upon its throne

Well, here's the state of things:

Helfen

Caecus - Blackjaw Kindred

Naxa Secundus + Ogris - Black Judges + Conflagrators (If GreyCrow is not participating any more then a volunteer is needed to take them on.)

Unnamed planet - Reyner

Unnamed planet - Iron Ravagers + Angels Exultant

Thravis Prime Round 2

Zavatista Round 2 (Optional)

I suggest we sort out those two planets, who's going where and off we go. ;)

Earlier on, I had intended to leave some planets that were a part of this as unnnamed and not remarked upon. It keeps it in keeping with how such campaigns are handled in canon lore. We never see or know everything. It creates blank spots in the lore, which is exactly where us Liberites love to settle in.

It also, in my mind, makes it more realistic. Not every German city came under assault during the final years of WWII. Not every island was contested over by the Americans and the Japanese. Some planets will simply matter more than others. Some will not be bothered with, or will be worth little more than a cursory claim.

The way I see it, the Eighteen Worlds Crusade doesn't have to only include eighteen worlds. :wink:

After all, the campaign likely won't have been officially Named until afterwards, and as likely as not it'll be named for what was the most important aspect: the Eighteen Worlds that needed to fall before the grip of the Sereiki Lions was broken.

So there'd still be plenty of room for other worlds and other battles in between the main events - gaps for others to expand upon at will. :happy.:

Besides, it seems a shame to deny the Angels Exultant and Iron Ravagers a chance to take the spotlight.

But of course, this is just my own personal take on things. Either way's fine, so long as we get some momentum going. :biggrin.:

If Conn is cool with it, I can try to divvy up responsibilities right now so that we can get on with things:

Helfen -  Aetheric Swords + All Seers   Olis

Caecus - Blackjaw Kindred + Doomsayers   Teetengee

Naxa Secundus + Ogris - Black Judges + Conflagrators   Ace Debonair

Unnamed planet - Eagles of Glory + Lords Inviolate   Reyner

Unnamed planet - Iron Ravagers + Angels Exultant   Wade Garrett

Thravis Prime Round 2 - Scarlet Sentinels + Heralds of Letum   Conn Eremon

Zavatista Round 2 (Optional) - Blades of the Lion + Black Falcons   SanguiniusReborn 

Objections? Anything that should be different? Did I get anything obviously wrong?

Earlier on, I had intended to leave some planets that were a part of this as unnnamed and not remarked upon. It keeps it in keeping with how such campaigns are handled in canon lore. We never see or know everything. It creates blank spots in the lore, which is exactly where us Liberites love to settle in.

It also, in my mind, makes it more realistic. Not every German city came under assault during the final years of WWII. Not every island was contested over by the Americans and the Japanese. Some planets will simply matter more than others. Some will not be bothered with, or will be worth little more than a cursory claim.

@Conn Eremon - Here be Dragons!

Objections? Anything that should be different? Did I get anything obviously wrong?

The Aetheric Swords and Eagles of Glory have already worked together to take a world - maybe it'd be worth switching out the Swords for someone else to keep things fresh?

I have no idea who, though.:sweat:  Maybe the Lords Inviolate?

EDIT:

I get to write the Conflagrators?

Result! :devil:

The Aetheric Swords and Eagles of Glory have already worked together to take a world - maybe it'd be worth switching out the Swords for someone else to keep things fresh?

I have no idea who, though.:sweat:  Maybe the Lords Inviolate?

EDIT:

I get to write the Conflagrators?

Result! :devil:

The Aetheric Swords have been switched with the Lords Inviolate. I've also switched Garrett with SanguiniusReborn seeing as Wade has visited Zavatista already. 

Archived