After all that, I think the Gene-seed section needs expanding. Two words is a little bit sparse for my liking. :laugh.:

Expanded, a little generic perhaps, but there's not that much to say about bog standard Dornian gene-seed. :ermm:

Well, do they have any particular attitude to their own gene-seed? Do they treat it the same way as many other Chapters? Where do they keep it?

Yep, I've just updated the gene-seed section, my boys are a bit protective of their genetic legacy. Your thoughts brother?

I don't think having gene-seed stores on warships makes much sense when there are already primary and secondary stores in the White Hall and under the Trinity Keeps. It seems a touch unnecessary to me.

I don't think having gene-seed stores on warships makes much sense when there are already primary and secondary stores in the White Hall and under the Trinity Keeps. It seems a touch unnecessary to me.

I thought it would make sense for them to be present for storing the gene-seed of the fallen until it can be returned to the Monastary, perhaps stasis vaults would fit better?

I thought it would make sense for them to be present for storing the gene-seed of the fallen until it can be returned to the Monastary, perhaps stasis vaults would fit better?

Ah, I didn't realise the vaults were intended as temporary containment (there's a better word to use for that but I'm having a real brain fart right now). Wouldn't space marine ships have those sort of facilities anyway? And they'd probably be just as you've suggested - stasis chambers/vaults.

Oh, I don't know. If you want to show how much care the Scarlet Sentinels (only just now got the similarity in name between them and the Red Sentinels) take with their gene-seed, I can understand the ship-borne supply mention.

It's likely something every Chapter practices, since gene-seed doesn't magically store itself in planetary vaults immediately upon harvest, and such a thing is of paramount importance to each and every one of them. And some Chapters will likely only have ship-borne vaukts, if they maintain no planetary or other stationary domains.

But mentioning and describing how the Scarlet Sentinels handle their gene-seed while away from sanctuary will highlight what I think you want to highlight. It isn't unusual or unique of the Scarlet Sentinels, but putting a brief focus makes the reader think about that subject and connect it as a defining trait.

All that said, I haven't read any of these updates yet, so I am just speaking hypothetically I guess. If you wanna link to the post again, I'll give it a read.

If you want to show how much care the Scarlet Sentinels (only just now got the similarity in name between them and the Red Sentinels) 

Yeah, that's something we've spoken to each other about already. Kind of a weird coincidence. They're from seperate gene-lines and have different themes, so we needn't worry about any overlaps, though. ^_^

All looks good to me Sang. I like the red scorpionsesque apothecary usage and training.

Thanks Teetengee, I imagine that it's born more of pragmatism rather than anything like the Red Scorpion's obsession with purity.

MOAR PLANITS :biggrin.:

-= Naxa Secundus =-

Whereas the neighbouring planet of Naxa Primus is a lifeless, scorched ball of rock, Naxa Secundus is a thriving, densely populated world. Once a proud Imperial Hive City, it seems that at some point the expanding population lost the ability to produce further hive cities. At this point those without dwelling places set out to colonize the wild lands, and eventually as the population continued to grow, the expanded settlements ran together, unified, and spread, until almost the entire surface of the planet was covered in a single, huge city, with only the highest mountains remaining free of human habitation.

Naxa Secundus is plagued by constant gang warfare. Crime bosses rule large sections of the city and are always looking to expand their turf. Certain neighbourhoods impose curfews or bans on throughfare to outsiders. Life in the city is tough.

When Naxa Secundus fell into the control of the Sereiki Lions, they saw it as a tremendous resource, using the dissatisfied, restless population as a large source of fresh recruits for the Ash Wolves, promising them a life away from the constant oppression of the crime lords.

It perhaps says something about the quality of life on Naxa Secundus that the recruits from there are some of the most fanatically loyal of Khroda's soldiers, preferring a hard life on the battlefields of the Eighteen Worlds than staying at home on Naxa Secundus.

-= Ogris =-

It is not only military personnel that Khroda recruited from Naxa Secundus. The moon of Ogris, once a bare, black rock orbiting Naxa Secundus, has been converted by the Sereiki Lions into a productive, large-scale factory. It is here that countless mechanics and factory workers toil ceaselessly to produce arms and armour enough to equip the myriad elements of the Sereiki Lions' forces.

Ogris is far from vulnerable, however. Safeguarded by a large, powerful planetary defence grid of high-velocity missiles and a large garrison force of the Lions' mortal military, with their attendant vessels, any attempted attack on Naxa Secundus must account for the possibility of heavy interference from it's orbiting moon.

A better bet would be to attack both Naxa Secundus and Ogris simultaneously, although by now means would this tactic alone guarantee victory: The zeal and fervour with which the Naxii fight mean that every inch of ground on both their homeworld and their moon will have to be earned through gruelling combat.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

OK, so with the addition of Hellfen and Caecus, that put us on seventeen worlds.

EDIT: Adding Naxa Secundus would make it eighteen, just to clarify.

I figured maybe another large recruitment base with an orbiting, heavily fortified armoury was just what we needed to give the Lions the numbers to really make a fight out of Wave Three. :tongue.:

Have we got anything indicating which Chapters are involved in Wave Three, or is that still to be determined?

I only ask 'cause I think Naxa Secundus is a prime target for the Black Judges. :devil:

I have an idea for the 18th planet... Unless anyone else fancies a go at it. My idea for it is an advanced weaponry/wmd production facility under heavy guard - with notable astartes present... hehe. 

-edit for stupid not being able to count. 

I have an idea for the 19th planet... Unless anyone else fancies a go at it. My idea for it is an advanced weaponry/wmd production facility under heavy guard - with notable astartes present... hehe. 

Wouldn't it be the 18th ? But fire away by all means :biggrin.: if the worst comes to the worst and the other members don't want it for the 18 worlds, it can still be used in the Liber Cluster

In that case, I would like to reserve a planet for the Angels and the Ravagers to mutually destruct on of my own devising, and I support both Reyner's idea of a planet and the Black Judges taking on Naxa Secundus.

Here is the current status for the Third Wave, then:

Helfen

Caecus - Blackjaw Kindred

Naxa Secundus + Ogris - Black Judges + Conflagrators (If GreyCrow is not participating any more then a volunteer is needed to take them on.)

Unnamed planet - Reyner

Unnamed planet - Iron Ravagers + Angels Exultant

Thravis Prime Round 2

Zavatista Round 2 (Optional)

Pick your poison, brothers. I'll try to update this post as we go.

Hmm, not sure which planet I'll pick, I might wait until the final two planets have been put forward. That said I'm leaning slightly towards Caecus at the moment, I figure since the Lions lost Zavatista (their main fuel supply) and Barluarte (perhaps their biggest naval port) a large portion of the remaining Serekei fleet might seek to re-group and re-fuel at Caecus's Refinery-Stations.

Hmm, not sure which planet I'll pick, I might wait until the final two planets have been put forward. That said I'm leaning slightly towards Caecus at the moment, I figure since the Lions lost Zavatista (their main fuel supply) and Barluarte (perhaps their biggest naval port) a large portion of the remaining Serekei fleet might seek to re-group and re-fuel at Caecus's Refinery-Stations.

A good insight, brother. My own take on a potential battle on Caecus, admittedly, had nothing to do with naval elements. I was thinking more along the lines of small scale skirmishes in the depths of the clouds, cat and mouse games, while trying to avoid a grisly and unknowable fate... ^_^

We haven't really had the Black Judges really get into disagreements with other Chapters yet, which doesn't seem at all right to me. :laugh.:

There's also a great chance for another Chapter to tackle the defences on Ogris while the Black Judges visit their own brand of justice on Naxa Secundus. :tongue.:

Anyone got a Chapter they want to volunteer?

Archived